• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dan Rumsey

Calling All Quiz Masters....

Some of you may have seen my thread that was posted earlier today titled "Chelsea Trivia / Quiz..."?? If not, it can be found here....

http://www.cfc-net.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9131

After a discussion with those who run CFCnet, we have decided to put on a trial, monthly quiz. There is of course no guarantee that this idea will definitely be put into place, but if successful, it will hopefully turn into a monthly feature

Here's the idea......

Every Saturday during pre-season, 15 new quiz questions will be added to CFCnet. Each member that wishes to participate will answer all 15 questions, then email their answers to me. The closing date for answers will be on Fridays at 23:59 GMT. On the following day (Saturday), another 15 questions will be added, aswell as the answers for the previous weeks questions. When all the answers have been collected by myself, I will then generate a table showing the standings. This cycle will continue until the fourth week, when a final table will be published to show the overall winner for that month.

All 15 questions will be purely related to Chelsea FC. The questions will range from Chelsea's first day as a professional football club in 1905 up until present day. That's 100 years of possible questions.

If this idea takes off and proves to be popular amongst members here on CFCnet, there is a possibility of it becoming a regular feature each month and the possibility of a prize for each months winner.

Starting from this Saturday (16th July), the first 15 question will be published as a sticky thread in the main forum. The thread will then be automatically be locked so nobody can share their answers.

If you would like to take part in this trial monthly quiz, please email me your CFCnet username to cfcnetquiz@hotmail.co.uk by Friday 15th July at 23:59 GMT. I will then publish the first 15 question on Saturday 16th July - BUT only those who email me to register will be able to take part and view their scores online each week.

If you want to prove yourself to be a "Mr (or Mrs) Chelsea know-it-all" - email me your username and I will add you to the monthly quiz. Don't forget, if this proves to be a success, there is a possibility of it becoming a monthly feature.

Get those emails in to me and give it your best.

Good luck

Dan Rumsey

cfcnetquiz@hotmail.co.uk

I think it's a fantastic idea, but is there not the possibility that people will use the internet to source the answers?

quote:Originally posted by Nick Tidmarsh

I think it's a fantastic idea, but is there not the possibility that people will use the internet to source the answers?

id="quote">

id="quote">

Of course there is. Although, to research the answers of some of the questions I have come up with so far, I have a feeling that some people could be looking for a fair while.

I've been flicking through old articles, programmes, magazines, books and many other sources, so the possibility of finding the answers on the net is a possibility. Depends on how much people really want to win as to whether they find the answers or not.

Also, just to let you all know. I have so far had a fairly decent response with people who have wanted to take part. Please email me at cfcnetquiz@hotmail.co.uk if you are interested....

Now I would very upset if people used the internet for the answers.

It would defeat the purpose, but I am sure we will all be very honest about it.

There is no satisfaction for the people that look up the internet, there will know deep down themselves that they aren't the real winners.

Try and include some more recent questions, say from after Hoddle for us younger quiz masters.

mdave   

..and what do you think about "1001 drink" quiz? I think I know all answers..

(for example- Blue Laguna)

Dan, I'm a bit slow and didn't see this thread til today (haven't been on much recently). Can I still register and just miss the first week?

Quick message to all of those that have registered - Unfortunatley I have had to have my PC fully formatted this weekend and I have lost absolutely everything that I had on my PC; this includes all of the questions that I was going to post this weekend.

I have now decided to put the quiz back a week in order to get some more questions set up and also I need to write up a new database to keep everyones scores etc.

The quiz will now start on Saturday 23rd July. Sorry for the delay everyone. Please feel free to register if you have not yet done so.

Rachel - No need to miss the first week now :)

mdave   
quote:Originally posted by Dan Rumsey

...Unfortunatley I have had to have my PC fully formatted this weekend and I have lost absolutely everything that I had on my PC; ...

id="quote">

id="quote">

My favorite excuse!

quote:Originally posted by Rachel Harris

Dan, I'm a bit slow and didn't see this thread til today (haven't been on much recently). Can I still register and just miss the first week?

id="quote">

id="quote">

Yeah I missed it too.