chelboy

Members_2012
  • Content count

• Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by chelboy

1. Transfer Talk Topic

So glad Werner is finally going. The Arsenal pre season game was the last straw for me. Even for a pre season he looked like he had no interest in being here. Says it all that he is returning to Leipzig. No progression at all in this guys limited game. Bayern and Liverpool and other clubs who were once interested wouldn’t want to touch him now. Seriously low skilled footballer with a good engine. That’s another useless high earner off the wage bill. Good stuff.
  2. Transfer Talk Topic

Talent is still there for CHO, if he is smart he will go to a team like Southampton, out of all the teams that are interested in him, Southampton is the one where he is likely to start every week. If he is playing wide left and receiving the ball in high positions then he will do damage for sure. The problem is in our system he just isn’t going to fit in. So many of our attackers seem to be pushing for moves and so many don’t seem to fit into this system. Since TT came in, Giroud, Tammy, Lukaku, Werner, CHO, Ziyech and Pulisic have all struggled. Soon all those names would have left us under him. Not all of those players are average, some are very talented and all of them are very different in terms of style. I just wonder if TT knows what sort of attacking style he wants.
  3. Everton 0 Chelsea 1

I really don’t get the hunt for another defender, we have enough numbers there. We even have Ampudu and could have kept Colwill. Chilwell and James can probably play LCB and RCB if needed. We badly need two midfielders (one pivot and one creative) and a striker. Don’t get how he can watch that and feel the need for a defender. It’s quite silly. I know Silva can’t play every week but we have so much depth there its crazy. 85M for a defender with one good PL season and 55 league games to his name just seems crazy to me especially when you are already stacked in that position.
  4. Everton 0 Chelsea 1

Apart from this chance, did we actually create anything clear cut? I genuinely can’t remember. If that was it then that’s really bad. My bad just remembered the pen.
  5. Everton 0 Chelsea 1

Finally winning at Goodsion. Need much better or else I really think we could get battered next week. Didn’t create enough but that was likely to happen. Koulibaly and Cucrella look very promising.
  6. Everton 0 Chelsea 1

Broja has upgraded the attack not Pulisic.
  7. Everton 0 Chelsea 1

New signings look good yeah, but too many players have looked poor. I am not one that expects a fast start and I already have predicted a defeat next week against Spurs by a few goals. Midfield has been the biggest disappointment. Just offered nothing at all. Mendy saves, Sterling positive play and Koulibaly and Silva defending has been the only positives. Everything else has actually been poor imo.
  8. Everton 0 Chelsea 1

Baller. Wanted him from last season. People are going to be surprised how good Cucurella will be in the build up phase.
  9. Everton 0 Chelsea 1

We have played him as an attacking midfielder and he’s not been great. Havertz is just what he is. An attacking player that doesn’t really excel at anything but is very easy on the eye with nice touches.
  10. Everton 0 Chelsea 1

One touch and then bang right into Chilwell turning in on goal. Jorginho or Kante would have needed another touch or overthought the situation. Our players have the ability to do it but they just don’t do it enough. It’s so frustrating. Once again our defenders are passing forward much better than our midfielders. Koulibaly and Silva have been very good at both defending and build up play.
  11. Everton 0 Chelsea 1

You see that pass Koulibaly makes to Chilwell? That right there is the sort of passes are midfielders should be making week in week out. It’s what catches defences out. Class pass. Created a clear opening.
  12. Everton 0 Chelsea 1

It was good in the CL. It’s never been good in the PL. We haven’t ever good looked good at attacking in this formation in the PL.
  13. Everton 0 Chelsea 1

Is something up with James? Had a few glances towards TT and kept taking corners to the near post? Should have tried something different at least once.
  14. Everton 0 Chelsea 1

Godfrey should not have been allowed to get that close to him considering the distance he had on him.
  15. Everton 0 Chelsea 1

How many touches do you need there Havertz? Wouldn’t have counted anyway.
  16. Everton 0 Chelsea 1

Looks like Everton are going to crowd the midfield. A bit of what they did last season.
  17. Transfer Talk Topic

I'm glad someone sees it. Two CB’s in their 30’s that we have at the club. It looks like we are letting go of another highly rated youngster at the back. While chasing Fofana isn’t the worse thing but it looks like we are going to have to pay £75M for a CB with only 55 league appearances so far. Doesn’t seem worth taking the risk especially when you consider he recently had a massive injury. I am not bothered about the buy back clause because I don’t see any of the talented youngsters coming back here. Players like Livramento, Guehi and Colwill will be getting chased by top clubs in 2-3 years. We won’t be the only offer on the table. Plus players who get sold won’t exactly be too excited about coming back especially if its under the same manager.
  18. Transfer Talk Topic

There doesn’t really seem to be a plan when it comes to attackers. Even the midfield, De Jong isn’t really a player we need at all, even if Kante or Jorginho left De Jong isn’t what we need. This looks like desperate random targets. I’m not sure what is going on exactly.
  19. Transfer Talk Topic

I said earlier in this window that we should sign Cucrella. We don’t know the level Chilwell is going to be. ACL injuries usually change the way a player runs and takes away some pace. Also makes them much more fearful for future tackles. Imo Chilwell won’t be the same player we saw before. I actually don’t think Cucrella is here to compete with Chilwell directly. I think I see what TT is trying to do. Considering that we are also chasing a Rwb in Dumfries I think he may be using Chilwell, Cucrella at either LCB or LWB then James and Dumfries in RCB and RWb. I think he may do something like Sheffield united did in 19/20 with the overlapping LCB and RCB getting involved in advanced positions. There is a lot of attention TT is putting into the defence a big amount of our budget is going into a Lwb, CB and Rwb by the looks of things. I think Koulibaly has come to play CCB rather than LCB. Silva may only play in the big games but not every week. My guess is if Cucrella + rwb comes then we will drop interest in Fofona.
  20. Transfer Talk Topic

I don’t know but I would rather wait, even wait until next summer. Some of these options look overpriced and aren’t really big upgrades. We lost out on targets but we shouldn’t panic buy especially on average players that will become deadwood in two years. Dumfries adds nothing to this team.
  21. Transfer Talk Topic

Ornstein saying we are looking at Fofana, Leicester asking for £80M. We should walk away and focus on something else. I don’t think he’s that level. Looking at Dumfries for RWB. Average player. I just hope we aren’t silly enough to be spending £40M on players like that. A bit worried that we seem desperate to buy players this window no matter what after missing out on targets. I would rather wait until January than panic buy.
  22. Chelsea's forward issues

I think you are missing his point, he isn’t having a go at him, he is saying that Kante should be more aware of his pressing in certain situations. He never said Kante was poor or anything like that. I don’t really agree with the pressing idea for Kante because it forces us to adjust tactics to accommodate a midfielder who lacks mobility. Kante has been having to stick close to Jorginho for years now, pretty much since the Sarri days, when he doesn’t do it Jorginho is pretty much toasted in defensive transitions and certain defensive situations. Kante is at his best when he has the freedom to press anywhere and win the ball back. If he was partnered with a Matic type of DM he would be able to leave them to handle certain situations alone. I don’t think Kante is the problem in these scenarios.
  23. Chelsea's forward issues

Because Havertz is getting a role. TT has faith in Havertz. Only time will tell who will be better. Havertz is the one that should be carefully watching his position in the team. Sterling and Mount have been better performers than him in recent years and I don’t see them dropping out, if he doesn’t step up this year he will likely drop to the bench under TT.
  24. Transfer Talk Topic

The window was never going to be out who comes in. As long as we finally start getting rid of the deadwood and the under performing high earners then I will be happy. We do need some players to come in but I would rather wait for the right type rather than just buying for the sake of it. We have a big squad already to be honest and I still think top 4 is achievable with what we have. TT just has to look at what he already has and build slowly and improve tactics in the final third.
  25. Udinese 1 Chelsea 3

Think we may see more of RLC at RWB and James RCB. Would explain why we have been hesitant to sign a RCB and have been chasing LCB’s.