My Blood Is Blue

Root Admin
  • Content count

• Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by My Blood Is Blue

1. Romans Eleven

I saw a post about this n Twitter and it got me thinking... What do you think is the best team from the Roman era, based on them as a player when they were at Chelsea (during the Roman years)... here's mine: Cech Azpilicueta - Terry - Silva - Cole Makelele Fabregas - Kante Lampard Drogba - Hazard I have no doubt I've completely forgotten about someone. (My bench would include Mendy, Carvalho, Ivanovic, Essien, , Ballack, Duff & Costa)
  2. Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 0

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Tottenham Hotspur at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game. The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent. Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account. The match is scheduled to kick off at 16:30 hours on Sunday, 23rd January 2022 (Local UK time/date). Live on Sky Sports.
  3. Chelsea vs Plymouth Argyle

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our FA Cup match against Plymouth Argyle at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game. The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent. Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account. The match is scheduled to kick off at 12:30 hours on Saturday, 5th February 2022 (Local UK time/date). Live on BBC.
  4. Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 0

Well of course, apparently Tuchel is expected to go rest the slightly unfit players to play the even more unfit players and be able to get people straight back in the team after injury. It’s all his fault you know, forcing those square pegs fit in the round holes when we don’t have any round pegs left to fit it anyway.
  5. Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 0

Very good, solid performance. Much more like the Chelsea we’ve come to know under TT and with 4atb. I think the formation we played worked well today, a sort of adapted 433/4231, meaning Lukaku was less isolated, particularly in the second half, which mean he could get more involved in the game, finally. He’s still way off what we need though. Ziyech and Mount great. Back 4 very solid, Sarr impressive. CHO hot and cold, did great work for the Ziyech goal to be fair.
  6. Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 0

This, Ladies and Gentlemen, is what a slightly rested Tuchel Chelsea looks like.. 2 days off and 2 days to prepare has made a big difference today. Not perfect, but a good performances today and 3 wins against Spurs and Conte in January and 4 out of 4 against this lot for the season. Perfect. Ziyech and Mount very good on the right today.
  7. Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 0

Yep, it’s great to see isn’t it. Carries on like he has been when playing this season and he becomes an important player in our squad over the next few years, with the ability to play a couple of different roles at a decent level.
  8. Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 0

Yeah, really impressed with him. Quietly gone about his business and got better with every appearance. Shown today he’s a genuine option at LB in a back 4.
  9. Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 0

Yeah, I don’t understand that at all. Surely that’s a clear and obvious error that var overturns?!
  10. Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 0

How was that a foul by Azpi on Skipp?!
  11. Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 0

Silva!!!!!!
  12. Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 0

That’s a sublime finish. Beautiful.
  13. Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 0

Ziyech, my word. That magic wand is finding its range.
  14. Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 0

Energy levels seem better, we do look a bit more rested than we have in recent weeks, but I imagine some will start to flag soon, so subs will be crucial and need to be done whilst still time for them to make an impact. I’d be getting Kante on soon and Havertz.
  15. Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 0

Don’t know what Lukaku has to do to not get picked. He’s useless. The only man out there having a worse performance than him is the ref. Can see a Spurs penalty or Chelsea red card in this half. What I’m really struggling to see is where a goal for us may come from…
  16. Chelsea's forward issues

Is quite literally the scenario I can see happening!
  17. Chelsea's forward issues

I'm trying really hard not to get too excited by Broja, because I have a horrible feeling we're going to sell him to Southampton.
  18. Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 0

I really hope we sign off from our break in the league with a proper good, convincing victory… the players need it, the manager needs it and the fans need it. Its been a crap couple of months for Chelsea on the pitch, it’s been exhausting for the players and hard work for the fans to watch, but let’s hope tomorrow we can put it behind us after our first semi decent break in far too long. Come on Chelsea!!!
  19. Believe me, it bores the hell out of me as well and gets very frustrating to see some of the nonsense written on here after the effort gone in to keep the think up and running and I do often think... why do I bother? But then you come across the good posts and get involved in a good, fun debate/conversation and remember that is the reason why. But it is coming harder to filter out the noise.
  20. Chelsea's forward issues

I would agree with this. A lot of people don't seem to appreciate quite how important Chilwell and James were to us, not just with the goals but in how they allowed us to play. They created such a huge problem for the opposition by filling the positions they did but with the ability to still get back and defend when needed, it forced the opposition to break from formation leaving gaps for others to move into. Jorginho does need to move on as well, I'm not his biggest fan but I'm by no means as against him as some others, but I just feel that when he is in the side we become very slow and predictable and his lack of mobility and ability to tackle means that other players have to cover for him so much. This summer feels like the best time to let him go for good money and bring in a replacement. The only concern I would have is losing his leadership qualities, so that needs to be covered somehow as well. In terms of what we can do now in attack, I would bring Havertz in for Lukaku, because we seem so much more fluid when he plays and whilst we're missing both Chilwell and James I think we need that fluidity up front more than ever, to keep the opposition thinking. When Lukaku plays, everyone on the pitch knows where he'll be standing and it also limits the space our other 2 attacking players can move into... I don't think it's a coincidence that Mounts form has dropped off now we play with a big bulky number 9 who stays central 95% of the time.
  21. Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Carabao Cup match against Tottenham Hotspur at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium before, during and after the game. The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent. Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account. The match is scheduled to kick off at 19.45 hours on Wednesday, 12th January 2022 (Local UK time/date). Live on Sky Sports.
  22. Brighton 1 Chelsea 1

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Brighton at Amex Stadium before, during and after the game. The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent. Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account. The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:00 hours on Tuesday, 18th January 2022 (Local UK time/date). Live on BT Sport.
  23. Manchester City 1 Chelsea 0

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Manchester City at Etihad Stadium before, during and after the game. The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent. Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account. The match is scheduled to kick off at 12:30 hours on Saturday, 15th January 2022 (Local UK time/date). Live on BT Sport.
  24. Transfer Talk Topic

Yeah I know, I do completely agree it isn't an easy task, but it is a huge gaping hole in our squad at the moment, so the people being paid the money to do so, need to try find a solution one way or another (which I presume they are).
  25. Transfer Talk Topic

I'd still rather we were looking to strengthen our options at LWB. It's such a key position for the system we play and Alonso does it ok, he can fill in every now and then but he can't be the solution for the rest of the season. I'm genuinely shocked the club haven't got something sorted in this position yet... unless they are suggest Kenedy is that (which I hope they're not).