paulw66

Members_2012
  • Content count

• Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by paulw66

1. Chelsea vs Tottenham Hotspur

Those names don't terrify me.........yet.
  2. Chelsea vs Tottenham Hotspur

yes. bizarrely, people actively look for reasons to be offended.
  3. Tottenham Hotspur 0 Chelsea 1 (0 - 3 on aggregate)

That's not the whole story though, is it. Finishing 6th was not solely on RdM, as he took over 27 matches in, and it was quite clear in the last two months that the CL was prioritised over league form He then got the job, partly as nobody else was available, and partly (I believe) Roman felt almost obligated after he won the CL. He never really wanted to appoint RdM, which is why he fired him the first chance he got.
  4. Brighton 1 Chelsea 1

Not exactly controversial stuff. It would be much more worrying if they said nothing, rather than trying to work on it.
  5. Brighton 1 Chelsea 1

Well, that's a massive insult to the pair of them. Not a single youth product we let go, whoever the manager, has come back to bite us. They weren't good enough. If Mount and James had been sold, they would already be back playing in the top end of the PL for someone else.
  6. Media / Press

13 false positives............ I mean, they didn't even make it remotely believable / plausible.
  7. Squad Status: 2021/22 Season

Why is the Injury thread closed? Reece James out running today. Desperately need him back.
  8. Chelsea vs Plymouth Argyle

plus the also rans.......Barkley, maybe Saul.
  9. Brighton 1 Chelsea 1

Your argument falls down slightly when you include a player, Chalobah, who made his debut 2 years after the transfer ban, and months after Lampard was sacked. If you really think Mount and James wouldn't have come through anyway, then I am not going to change your mind, but they are head and shoulders above any academy product since JT.
  10. Brighton 1 Chelsea 1

I mean, managers have been shouting at players since football began
  11. Brighton 1 Chelsea 1

Pundits are looking for a story.
  12. Brighton 1 Chelsea 1

Exactly, so what does it prove? Nothing. If we were on an 6 game winning streak and he celebrated like that, nobody would say anything. it is looking for a problem in something so trivial.
  13. Chelsea vs Plymouth Argyle

Kids...... Any key player in the stands having a bovril.
  14. Brighton 1 Chelsea 1

Let's pretend what you are saying is true (I don't agree), and Ziyech was angry / upset that Tuchel shouted at him (bless his cotton socks) in public.......you could argue TT got the exact response he was after......he scored in our next game and was our best attacking player (competition wasn't fierce, granted) honestly, I have never seen so much fuss over a (non) goal celebration.
  15. Transfer Talk Topic

Trouble is, who? What do you do, spend big on a player who will ultimately be second choice to Chilwell when he's fit? Clubs with the standard of player we are after generally wont sell in January, unless you spend silly money, then go back to my previous point. We need a stop gap.......Digne would have been ideal, but Everton only wanted a permanent deal.
  16. Transfer Talk Topic

EUR 15m........bit of fresh blood..... hmmmm
  17. Transfer Talk Topic

He's got 6 months left on his contract, I believe, so wouldn't cost half that, I don't think
  18. Transfer Talk Topic

It's a funny one.........his record certainly isn't stellar, but someone at Barca thought he was worth paying 100m+ for.
  19. Chelsea vs Tottenham Hotspur

Interestingly with Spurs, they have the following away games left: Chelsea, City, Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal. In the top half, we only have to go to United.
  20. Chelsea vs Tottenham Hotspur

That's not actually true, but ok.
  21. Non Chelsea: Premier League

It's an absolute shocker. Arsenal had one player out with COVID, and their game is postponed. We had 4 out with COVID not long ago, plus another 3 or 4 out injured and we were told to play. The PL are a disgrace.
  22. Quite. This place just deteriorates sadly.
  23. Brighton 1 Chelsea 1

Here's a question. Both Leicester and Spurs had no game at the weekend, so why didn't they play Tuesday and us tonight?
  24. Chelsea vs Tottenham Hotspur

Would it shock you though? At least we have 5 full days, which is an absolute luxury