CFCnet Member
  • Birthday 09/11/1981

Previous Fields

• Team
    Chelsea

Recent Profile Visitors

1,172 profile views
  1. West Ham 3 Chelsea 2

Alonso is more than decent and always has been in a blue shirt. Chillwell is ahead of him but, nobody else currently is in the team. Emerson would've been a great option - another underated player by our 'fans'.
  2. West Ham 3 Chelsea 2

Are people still hoping that Lukaku can be a success? I would prefer to be starting with Havertz and any of the fluid players around him. Just see Lukaku fitting a team that is only built around him. Just like Spurs and Kane. Hope to be proven wrong and eating my words by the end of the day.
  3. Stamford Bridge Upgrades

I thought it was already in place, mind you I can't remember the last time we had to sit down in the shed lower. Noticed recently that there is a new breed of 'young' Chelsea fans. It's currently trendy to follow us and there are multiple groups on twitter bragging about going to all the games and posting videos of singing inside the ground. I believe this is why it's now almost impossible to get an away ticket. There are a number of young females on Twitter that are using Chelsea as a platform to make a career - ie, it's easy for them to acquire 50k Chelsea fans as long as they can appear to talk the lingo. Some are even offering additional services to Chelsea-only fans via their business websites! Not saying this is bad - just that there is a new wave of Chelsea fans. Modern football and modern fans. Social media profile is as important as being at the game.. The good thing is that they do want to sing :) I guess going back in time the football and supporting Chelsea was still a package, it's as much as meeting up with your mates and having a good time as it is about the football.
  4. Brentford 0 Chelsea 1

Maybe we can do a straight swap with Roma for Tammy/Lukaku
  5. Chelsea 3 Southampton 1

Barkley looked good in his short pre season games and his two short cameo's. What I'm getting at is I don't get all the negative criticism he gets. I've always viewed him as a good squad player and worthy to be in or around the team/squad. Same with RLC. I agree completely with Lukaku. I had the same discussion in the pub today before the game with several other fans. Don't think anyone was overwhelmed with the signing, at least who I've spoken to. Last season our shape was so good, in fact we had become the blueprint for other teams to follow. Now we seem to have changed that winning formula. Just feels like we can lose now whereas last season I think we all felt that wasn't possible
  6. Chelsea 3 Southampton 1

Period before Barkley went on loan he had hit form and played his way into the team. He played well for villa but hen got injured. He's played well in his cameo's for us this season. I prefer to judge on what I see. Unfortunately, Lukaku hasn't started well but people will go by the general consensus that Lukaku is the answer. Hopefully, we'll find a way to fit him in but, at the moment it's not working.
  7. Juventus 1 Chelsea 0

Chiesa is the sort of forward we should've been going for. Not a static player like Kane/Lukaku type.
  8. Juventus 1 Chelsea 0

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Want to be wrong about Lukaku but, we looked so much better last year. Okay Timo missed a lot of chances( a lot were borderline and he could've easily been on many more - amazing what a bit of luck/confidence can do for a player - see Salah) but, we created shed-loads of GOOD chances and still remained defensively solid. I'll support Lukaku but, this is the glaringly obvious change to the dominant Tuchel team of last season
  9. Juventus 1 Chelsea 0

Are people still convinced with Lukaku. I think Werner fits better with our shape and play. Good to see Barkley show how a midfielder should show attacking threat. When Mason is not there he or RLC should be in the line for a starting place from the off.
  10. Chelsea 0 Manchester City 1

You're right. A false 9 'Havertz' would've been a better option today. The tactic was obviously counter attack by getting Werner in to play off from Lukaku or for Werner to run and then supply Lukaku. However, neither worked because they were too isolated.
  11. Chelsea 3 Aston Villa 0

Same here. Always looked comfortable on the ball and bringing it out. There's a lot of fans that like a scapegoat and he was one of them for a bit even last season I was defending him on here. What I don't get is our players getting slated when we were winning left right and centre. Mikel, Luiz, Willian, Drogba, Jorginho have all fallen foul to this. Never will understand that. It's even worse on social media
  12. Transfer Talk Topic

Completely agree. I think letting Zouma go was definitely on the proviso that Kounde was coming in and now he hasn't... With Kounde we'd have been so much stronger but, now we are an injury or two away from having to disrupt the shape/formation. Not seen much of Saul. He seems very one footed from the you tube clips I've seen over the past week.. but then again I guess Messi and Matric were too and they did ok
  13. Transfer Talk Topic

I know that he is on the 'out' list but, he can cut it as a squad player. Before he left us he was in form then and villa he started off great until getting injured. Pre season games with us he showed he was above the other squad players. I know he won't be considered but, I think it shows the strength in depth that he isn't being considered.
  14. Transfer Talk Topic

We still have Barkley who is more than capable of doing a job for the team.
  15. Liverpool 1 Chelsea 1

Taken my daughter to watch lion king so missed the game. Been following on here and we've been singing the Kai Havertz is the best on earth song(she's 7) rather than the circle of life. Get in chels! Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea