CFCnet Member
  • Birthday 09/16/1981

Previous Fields

• Team
    Chelsea FC

Recent Profile Visitors

3,056 profile views
  1. New Stadium Plans

Closed down unfortunately. Those were the days indeed. Good times had in that gaff.
  2. Transfer Talk Topic

I honestly thought people would be more upbeat about Gallagher being part of the squad given everyone was clambering to have him come back during last season. Or is it because he was already "one of ours" and not shiny and new? I'm now at the point where we've clearly failed in getting some of our preferred targets in (for whatever reasons-some not of our own doing) and I don't want us overpaying or buying anyone purely for the sake of it, so I say we just go with what we've got and what will be will be. No-one here has us winning the league and merely in a battle for a top 4 finish anyway so what does it matter? Like there has to be a point where we reap what we sow isn't it?
  3. Transfer Talk Topic

I think we’ve definitely had a bit of a reality check in regards to the pecking order with Raphinha and now Kounde preferring to go to Barca over us. Of course we’ll still attract very very good players to the club but when the likes of Barca, Real and Bayern come calling, the majority will probably always chose them over us. I’m sure it’s ending up being a very valuable experience for Boehly and Co in regards to how things are done on the transfer side of things as well.
  4. Transfer Talk Topic

I’m in a weird place regarding my fandom at present. 6/7 years ago I’d have probably been right with Mr. Sleeping Dave and raging about lack of transfers and the season ahead. But I dunno man, maybe it’s just me being older and everything that comes along with that (marriage/kids/real life stuff) I just can’t get angry about it anymore. I just can’t shake that these new owners have only been in the gig for a couple of months yet no-one is willing to cut them any slack whatsoever when they’ve had to deal with everything the previous regime left them with, on top of trying to move ahead with what they want to do with the team going forward. If it means we finish 5/6th then we’ll just have to take it on the chin and that it’s a learning experience for the new owners. They’ll certainly have a better understanding/appreciation of what needs to be done that’s for sure. I’m probably in the minority regarding all this but there you go.
  5. Transfer Talk Topic

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/article/koulibaly-completes-chelsea-move Official.
  6. Transfer Talk Topic

I'm not disagreeing with anything you've said but we as a club previously, have never been patient enough to follow through on a plan such as yours. That's always been the issue. No-one, not the management, nor the fans have been willing in previous years to stay the course. As I said, we have always been about the here and now and for 20 years, we have seen unprecedented success with that method. I'm sure the new owners however, do want to follow a long term vision and maybe it starts this season. But you can't blame the club if some of these younger players themselves want to leave. They have thoughts and feelings of their own and given what they do is actually a job for them, maybe they want to go to further their professional careers.
  7. Transfer Talk Topic

But that's just it though - they are merely that: prospects. No actual proof that they will make the grade is there? Why is it inconceivable that some of these players have to go elsewhere to get better/reach their full potential and then come back? I agree we've signed some absolute rubbish over the years (Don't think I'll ever forgive Roman for buying Drinkwater (even with his recent interview) but then so have most other clubs. That was down to the previous owners and managers. In an ideal world sure, we'd have a full squad of world class Academy players, all devotee Chelsea die-hard fans as kids and we'd dominate for decades. But it just doesn't work like that in real life.
  8. Transfer Talk Topic

Ultimately there are lots of factors to take into account - timing being a main one. We had the quartet of Hazard, KDB, Salah and Lukaku all at our club and sure if you'd have allowed them to play together for a sustained period of time we could have seen the club reach unprecedented heights, but as we are a club that demands the trophies in the here and now (or at least be competitive for said trophies), they were never going to be given the time and add the personality clashes like has been reported with Jose Mk2 and KDB/Salah, sometimes it's just better for all parties if a mutual parting of the ways takes place. Maybe they all had to leave (bar Hazard) to become the players they are now. Some amazing (KDB/Salah), and then you have Lukaku.... And it will be the same for the likes of Ake, Tomori and Guehi. If they potentially come back as better players then when they left then surely that's all that matters no? People seem to think that it's the Club that forces these players out. Players can make their own minds up as to whether they want to stick it out or move somewhere else to further their own careers/development. Like your Livramento's of this world. So it is what it is. If Tuchel wants to work with Ake and vice versa, and the deal makes sense then let the financial people deal with the cost of it all and hope that he can make an impact on the pitch where it counts.
  9. Transfer Talk Topic

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/article/sterling-signs-for-chelsea Official. What a signing.
  10. Transfer Talk Topic

Nice positive start to the day I see! Lol
  11. Transfer Talk Topic

If you think that with the squad we have with the addition of Sterling (and most likely Ake) we end up in the bottom half of the table then I don't know what to say to you. Some of you need to give your heads a wobble.
  12. Transfer Talk Topic

An actual quote, not something rumored by The Telegraph and then regurgitated by the Express. Cheers.
  13. Transfer Talk Topic

The fact that no-one is even willing to give the new owners any sort of slack given the whole situation regarding the club during this calendar year is very sad indeed. If it means we only sign sign 1/2 players that Tuchel actually wants to work with as opposed to a mass spending spree for so called “inferior” players (going by everyone’s opinions here and on Twitter), then so be it.