Richard Redmond

Administrators
  • Content count

• Last visited

Everything posted by Richard Redmond

1. Michael Essien

id="quote">How can no one defend this? I can take Maka being crap in attack, no doubt. But you saying Lampard crap in defence? He may not be the best in defence, but he is certainly not 'crap'. And I suppose a lot of people will even say Lampsard has decent defensive qualities. humps id="quote"> id="quote">I'm glad you took the hump over this humps, because wacko may be wacky as even Sky admit Lamps is pretty much the complete midfield player. Boy, isn't it fun to disagree!!!
  2. Michael Essien

id="quote">Essien is like...Beckham? I've heard it all now.....and while all these pans are frying, I never said that Tiago was better than Essien, I just suggested that there wasn't a £17 million difference in their valuations and I SSSTTTTIIIIILLLLLLL say that going forward Essien offers little that's either incisive or surprizing, which might escape our notice til he gets subbed by Guddy like against Man Utd. If the oppositions midfield can snuff out Lamps, there's precious little gets fed to our front three. SO THERE!!!! (Thanks a lot guys....now I've got to sit me bum in the snow to cool down).
  3. Michael Essien

id="quote">Do I smell something cooking??!!
  4. Michael Essien

There's no way two of these lads can play in Chelsea's midfield simoultaneously any more than we should ever play Gallas, Huth, Terry and Carvallho across our back four. Lampard with Maka AND Essien beside him doesn't work. We need another CREATIVE midfielder alongside Frank. Someone like Eidur only better maybe (though I remain a big fan of Guddy). Suggestions : Deco, Kaka or the like. Anyone agree???!!! PS : Personally, I think Lyon are laughing up their sleeve at us for paying the money we did for Essien and giving them Tiago in return for a net gain of about £17 million. The loss of Essien doesn't seem to have affected their performances much. I'm not saying Essien is crap, I'm just saying if it's got feathers, a beak, goes "gobble, gobble" and has a worried look this time of year, it may be a turkey. Go on....boil me in oil, I can take it!
  5. Chelsea Reserve & Youth Team

Fair enough I think.
  6. John Terry

id="quote">Sad, but every word is true 64blue. (Hey...that almost rhymes!) By the way, Sven will NEVER make JT captain for two reasons : First he's besotted in a purely platonic way with David Beckham (the man Alex Ferguson NEVER wanted as his captain). Second, Sven thinks the sun, moon and stars shine out of Rio Ferdinand (I've noticed they don't).
  7. Michael Essien

id="quote">Ah, but there's the rub! I've never said I thought Essien is up to much. He's ok and that's about it.
  8. Michael Essien

id="quote">Er Basole?.....Basole???!! I don't quite see the connection between Essien being a bit "head-down-and-charge" and our whole season crumbling. As I said, Jose is pretty good at correcting things if they need to be. :-)
  9. Michael Essien

id="quote">DUUHHH!!! GGGGnnnnrrrkkkkkKKKK! Water! WAATTER!!!! I'm so thirsty fellahs...
  10. Michael Essien

I may get slated for this post, but the only part of yesterday's match we really came alive in was after Gudjohnsen came on and Essien left the field. Essien is very strong, is good with the ball at his feet, battles hard, runs all day, but...can neither shoot accurately nor be creative as a midfielder. Ok, so nobody's perfect, but I just think that going forward he adds little or nothing to the mix and if the opposition can snuff out Lamps, the ball is not getting quickly enough or helpfully enough to our forward players. Another good thing about Jose is that he does not stubbornly persist with something that isn't working well enough (unlike Sven) and I was delighted to see Gallas and Terry restored yesterday, though Ferreira looked shaky under Ronaldo's scrutiny. But Essein concerns me. With him and Makelele in midfield, we look quite predictable in our buildup play, much of it reduced to long balls from Lamps. Frank is great, but we need more than that. Ok...you can start shooting now.
  11. Michael Essien

Yes he is. How would any of us feel with £24million hanging over our head and we're just good at footie? He'll be alright though.
  12. Didier Drogba

Great point. I've noticed they've built up quite a rapport as well. They seem to appreciate how each other makes their runs and supply goals for one another regularly. By the way, at the rate he's going, it's Lamps for the Golden Boot this year!
  13. Gianfranco Zola

Zola was more skilfull, but Lampard is more influential.
  14. John Terry

It says so right here : http://www.sportinglife.com Quote : "I read that Beattie said they had worked us out and by battling against us, getting amongst us, they were able to equal us an get a result. "Let me make it quite clear that apart from the penalty - and they were lucky to get it because they weren't threatening - they didn't create a chance. "We had a lot of chances we might have put away. If Beattie or anyone else thinks that by coming and battling and trying to bully us they can get anywhere, the message is clear: 'We're up for it!' "We can take anyone on in a physical battle and we'll win and then we'll get the ball down and play football and we'll win that as well." Come on the BBBBLLLLLUUUUUEEEESSSS!!!!!!
  15. John Terry

id="quote">He's an old favourite of mine as well! As well as Jimmy Stewart of course.
  16. John Terry

JT for captain...absolutely! When? After the World Cup. In the meantime, Sven just needs to get it in his head that JT and A.N. Other should be the centreback pairing.
  17. John Terry

Call a doctor someone...
  18. Didier Drogba

id="quote">I certainly hope this gets to Jose because with a lineup like this, we could rule the world! Pity you left out Gigi Salmon of Chelsea TV as I still say she's a better midfielder than Pidgeley.
  19. Gianfranco Zola

Franco would be a great inspiration to young players, though much of his talent was probably genetic not learnt I'd say! As Sam Mussobini said to Harold Abrahams in Chariots of Fire, "You can't put in what God left out". Nevertheless, he'd be a terrific skills coach.
  20. Didier Drogba

id="quote">Basole....be nice.
  21. Didier Drogba

id="quote">Unless your friend is 100% mistaken perhaps? Listen, no offense, but there's no way Drogba would be let fly off to Milan when we play Anderlecht on Tuesday. The most likely conclusion is : it wasn't Drogba.
  22. Didier Drogba

Threats would be against the team not Drogba personally as he's pulling his weight (2 goals against Cameroon)?
  23. New Kits

One stripe for each player in our starting XI perhaps?
  24. Didier Drogba

Sounds like a load of old cobblers to me.
  25. Michael Essien

Basole, Basole, Basole.....this be codswallop this be!