About Holymoly

• Rank
    CFCnet Member
  • Birthday 08/17/1960

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    http://

Profile Information

Currently Scotland. Previously London. Originally Wales.

Previous Fields

• Team
    Chelsea for the last 50+ years

Recent Profile Visitors

4,809 profile views
  1. Transfer Talk Topic

That argument only works if you then sell Jorginho. If you don't then all you've done is stack up the queue to the first team for players like Gallagher even more. All your other examples related to players that have left and I can't disagree with you. Unfortunately however I don't think we will sell Jorginho as other clubs realise he is such a niche player and one that doesn't even benefit our own first team 90% of the time.
  2. Transfer Talk Topic

In the absence of any superior striker that is currently available we probably do need to try and get just a stop gap. That said the sensible option is to look at the premier league. At least that way one variable is removed from the gamble.
  3. Transfer Talk Topic

He also clearly has no idea or understanding that Marina and Buck had to go due to their links to RA. Under normal circumstances (although nothing is ever really normal with our club) I would imagine that there would have been a changeover period where those two would have been retained in a consultancy capacity.
  4. Transfer Talk Topic

Not when you're talking football. That just comes under the "creative accounting" banner. Unfortunately it doesn't appear to also come under the "tax avoidance" banner.
  5. Transfer Talk Topic

That's assuming we continue the same old stale style of play. Perhaps it suggests a different approach so as to perhaps involve Gallagher?
  6. Chelsea vs Tottenham Hotspur

Don't waste the brownie points mate. If it wasn't for Conte I could be optimistic and hope that we could pull ourselves up for this game. As it is I fear we could be in for a hiding, especially if they get a quick goal. Our only hope is to keep it tight, spoil everything then grab a late goal off Broja's arse.
  7. Transfer Talk Topic

Anyone know how much we're going to get for Werner? I think the attack needs more attention than the midfield tbh. If there was a goalscorer up there I'm pretty sure the midfield would have more motivation to get the ball up there.
  8. Everton 0 Chelsea 1

Well there's the aqueducts...
  9. Everton 0 Chelsea 1

If you remember Droy used to maintain that xG was the ultimate arbiter of expectation. The trouble was that overall it didn't match what you were seeing on the field with your own eyes.
  10. Everton 0 Chelsea 1

These are the ratings captured by MatchCaster on Reddit It's strange how an algorithm can be programmed to provide an entirely different view of a game that you watched yourself. Personally I thought James had a fairly nondescript game and the stats certainly didn't seem to rate Sterling at all. For comparison Everton's scores were fairly similar with Tarkowski topping out at 7.3 and Deli Ali footing the table at 6.2. Overall a fair summary of the game as a whole, whether or not you disagree with individual ratings, as there really wasn't much to separate the teams save a fairly dodgy penalty. I'd imagine Droy would be on top of this with his spreadsheets and xG analysis but the bottom line is that this is not an improvement over last season. We are doing just the same just with a couple of different players. In order to improve we need to change what we were doing, or at least improve its effectiveness. Hopefully the transfer window isn't over for us as TT has hinted.
  11. Everton 0 Chelsea 1

My abiding impression of the game was that defensively we looked solid but the further up the field we went our play became slower, unimaginative and we were afraid to do anything in case we lost the ball. Our attack will certainly not cause many teams to lose sleep. This just looks like last year all over again just with a few different players. We need to try different things in attack otherwise we will have huge problems scoring goals to win games
  12. Everton 0 Chelsea 1

So apart from the 3 points, what else do we take from the game? Oh yes, we need a player that can put the ball in the net. Next up Antonio's Spuds. And one penalty ain't going to swing it. A wise man once said that invincibility is borne out of defense however victory comes from attack. While we have one of those the latter remains absent moving into the third season.
  13. Everton 0 Chelsea 1

Well no surprises there with the lineup. I just hope TT has a few suprises up his sleeve for Frank with the tactics and the team has turned up with their shooting boots in their kit bags.
  14. Transfer Talk Topic

Kounde isn't on 10 squillion a week unlike FDJ. It's not so much the individual they need to get rid of, rather the financial drain.
  15. Transfer Talk Topic

Reduce our offer and demand they take Alonso. Maybe chuck in Barkley too. Hopefully La Liga follow through on this and don't cave to outside pressure.