Proud-Blue

Members_2012
  • Content count

• Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Proud-Blue

1. Southampton 0 Chelsea 6

Excellent performance. We've seen so many games where we create these kinds of chances and don't bury them. This is the first time in months we've been genuinely clinical. I hope, maybe naively, that this is the turning-point for Timo at Chelsea.
  2. Real Madrid 2 Chelsea 3 (5 - 4 on aggregate)

Given his performance today, I do wonder if Timo might have played his way into the team? The worry for me is he could just as easily go missing if we do start him, just as he usually does.
  3. Southampton 0 Chelsea 6

Think it's fair to say the gods have spared us now!
  4. Southampton 0 Chelsea 6

Sorry, I know the above sounds like tempting fate but surely we wouldn't concede four or five goals here?!
  5. Southampton 0 Chelsea 6

Very good performance. Werner has been absolutely superb. His goal is very much like the ones he would tend to score at Leipzig. I know this is boring, but I kind of hope we slow the game down for most of the second half. Need to conserve energy for Real Madrid and then the FA cup semi final.
  6. Chelsea 1 Brentford 4

Hey, maybe this will put the Ricketts off. The Chelsea Blues couldn't lock up a dub in their encounter with the Brentford Bees!
  7. Chelsea 1 Brentford 4

At least we had a minor excuse of a red card then. This was just horrendous. We were totally outplayed. Still we saw some nice passing around all three sides of the opposition box.....
  8. Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

Think my face would fall off. They can keep them.
  9. Chelsea 0 Liverpool 0 (10 - 11 on penalties)

I agree. It's the same old story: play well, miss easy chances. Kepa is a goalkeeper who missed a penalty. Won't name names but we know who should have won us that game.
  10. Crystal Palace 0 Chelsea 1

The Lukaku stat is appalling and unacceptable. As it happens, I decided to spend most of the game focusing on Lukaku. In his defence, there are times when he starts to make runs and there is a clear pass on for him. However, it almost never happens because either (1) our attackers are far too slow at making decisions (2) they'll not see his runs and instead pass wide. This said, it is simply inexcusable to only have seven touches. If he was really, REALLY interested, he'd have come in deeper and tried to link up play with Ziyech in particular. He might even have managed to drag defenders out and create space for Ziyech and Pulisic. There are moments with his back to goal where he looks like he could be pivotal in our attack. But it almost never happens and, really, he can't just blame everyone else. Speaking of blaming everyone else, I am beyond sick of seeing him gesticulate with frustration and looking at his teammates as if they are inferior to him. Not really sure where we go from here with him. He needs to fundamentally change to stay with us imo.
  11. Manchester City 1 Chelsea 0

Oh well. I guess we should be alright to get top four. Also we're still in the League Cup, FA cup, Club World Cup, and Champions League. Let's go win some things!
  12. Wolves 0 Chelsea 0

I don't want to be over-dramatic, but we're rapidly moving into falling too far behind territory. If this doesn't change, and quickly, we can forget about the league. We're going to have to do something unusual and actually beat our title rivals.
  13. Wolves 0 Chelsea 0

I'd say Saul not being a disaster is significant progress!
  14. Wolves 0 Chelsea 0

I'm glad for everyone who was travelling today and didn't get the game postponed last minute, but it's a disgrace this is even being played. In terms of the game itself... yeah. We look shocking. I think we might well have to bring Kovacic on at some point. Just hope he doesn't get injured again
  15. Chelsea 3 Leeds United 2

They really were. I think the Jimmy Saville chant knackered my voice today. And Mount's celebration riled them up so much. Proper Chels!
  16. Chelsea 3 Leeds United 2

Absolutely would take the lucky wins. You win silverware with lucky wins, providing you don't rely solely on it. Loved being back at the Bridge. Don't think much could have dampened my spirits as I was so happy to be back. Hope you can go soon too!
  17. Chelsea 3 Leeds United 2

First game I've been to for a while due to a combination of moving quite far, cost, and covid. Quite a game to return to! Anyway, I thought we were really poor. Leeds ran us ragged in the second half. They just don't stop running. I can't believe they'll keep that up for the season surely? Poor decision making again going forward. Final balls were all over the place, and defensively we just looked weak. Probably my biggest concern was RLC. Horrible passing, gave the ball away and often left us exposed. We really need Kante and Kovocic back. A major positive for me was Reece James. Its been so long since I've seen him play live I forgot how big he is. Plus he's not a bad footballer! In fact I'm pretty sure you could play him as a box to box midfielder and get similar results. The atmosphere in the Shed was amazing. Really enjoyed it. Thrilled to see a win, unconvincing as it was.
  18. Chelsea 1 Burnley 1

It's 100% our fault. The chances we had were absolutely guilt-edge and the misses were horrendous at times. However, it is important we put this into perspective. We are still top of the league and, 11 games in, we just conceded our first open play goal of the season. We also have a lot of injuries and players who are not fit. This is a disappointment but not a catastrophe.
  19. Chelsea 7 Norwich City 0

We have the best academy in the world. It's not even close.
  20. Brentford 0 Chelsea 1

Mendy is a good goalkeeper.
  21. Chelsea 3 Southampton 1

Excellent first half performance. So-so second half. The VAR decision to disallow Werner's goal was absolutely ridiculous. How far back can they look to decide if a foul is part of the buildup? There were two crosses into the box afterwards. That has to be a different phase of play? Infuriating. Werner for me was POTM, a superb performance. He needed a performance like that and a goal (which should have been two). It's time to give him a proper run in the side now. Three points is all that matters.
  22. Juventus 1 Chelsea 0

Interesting views from Conte about the way we're using Lukaku. https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2021/9/30/22701822/conte-chelsea-have-yet-to-figure-out-how-to-use-lukaku “He is a very specific striker. Bringing Lukaku into the box, he is dangerous. However, when he starts from midfield, he is incredibly quick. It is very difficult to find a player who is both a target man, but can also run from midfield. [...] “It’s a tactical situation too, a centre-forward who goes looking for the opposition defender, backs into him and lays it off for whoever is supporting him. That is a tactical approach used in basketball as well. “The good thing about Romelu is that he can hurt you anywhere. If you keep him far away from the penalty area, he can kill you with his pace. If you have him in the box, he has the physicality to be a target man.”" --- “During the game, there are moments when Lukaku needs to be turned on, but other than that he is one of the toughest forwards to play against, because he can do damage in any area of the pitch. If you have a centre-forward like that, you need to use him and I don’t think Chelsea have quite figured out how to use him yet. “Last season, they didn’t have a proper centre-forward, so they rotated positions, whereas Romelu is a real reference point in attack. If they can figure out how to use Lukaku, then Chelsea can become the team to beat in the Champions League this season.”
  23. Non Chelsea: Premier League

No matter how disappointing our result was this weekend, you can always guarantee that Tottenham will cheer you up.
  24. Chelsea 0 Manchester City 1

I just hope we learn from this. Tuchel especially.
  25. Chelsea 0 Manchester City 1

I love Tuchel but my god he got it wrong today tactically. Why we didn't start with the standard 3-4-3 I will never know. If it wasn't for Mendy that would have been 3 or 4-0. Kovacic and Jorginho were terrible. The gap between midfield to attack was like a chasm which made City's job about 10 times easier. The long passes were way too slow and poor quality. The only positive today was RLC came on and looked quite good. I know it's Man City and they're an excellent team but that was really poor.