Proud-Blue

Members_2012
  • Content count

• Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Proud-Blue

1. Transfer Talk Topic

As Michael says Marca isn't that reliable. But I'd be very happy if this happened as the situation up front for us is desperate.
  2. Transfer Talk Topic

Same here. Mind you the way Dortmund are playing I can think of worse things to do with my time! Pulisic is an incredible player and I think he will significantly improve our attack. I think some people are seeing Jadon Sancho's form keeping him out of the team at the moment as evidence that he's on some major decline. He really isn't. I don't think people will be disappointed when he arrives.
  3. Transfer Talk Topic

Looks like we might well be after Wilson. What do you all think? I do rate him as very highly as a player but not convinced he's the striker we need to replace Morata in the long run. Although he could be good as a squad player. He's had a few injuries too hasn't he? https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11584935/chelsea-interested-in-signing-bournemouth-striker-callum-wilson-says-gianfranco-zola
  4. Transfer Talk Topic

Would love to see Carvalho back as a coach or player-coach. Why not? Sure he's not going to start every week, but I can't believe he wouldn't be a positive influence in the dressing room. I can't see the club offering a contract to a 38 year old, however.
  5. Transfer Talk Topic

"Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Asmir Begovic from Stoke City. Goalkeeper Begovic, 28, has signed a four-year contract, and becomes our second signing of the summer following the arrival of Radamel Falcao on a season-long loan. Begovic said: ‘I am very happy to be joining Chelsea FC. After speaking at length to the manager, I feel like I can develop here and be an important part of this team. I am looking forward to meeting up with the team on Wednesday for the pre-season tour.' Thibaut Courtois will remain No. 13 with Begovic taking the vacant number No.1 shirt. Begovic, who stands 6ft 6in, had spent the previous five-and-a-half years with Stoke having joined from his first professional club Portsmouth in early 2010. At the Britannia Stadium he made 172 appearances, quickly establishing himself as first choice, and scored the Premier League’s longest-ever goal when he netted a clearance from inside his own penalty area against Southampton in November 2013. Born in the former Yugoslavia, Begovic spent his childhood in Germany and Canada, representing the latter at the Under-20 World Cup before opting to play at senior level for Bosnia-Herzegovina. He was their first-choice goalkeeper at their World Cup finals debut in Brazil last year, and has accumulated 41 caps so far."
  6. Chelsea 1 Burnley 1

So Sean Dyche has tried to play down the blatant injustices throughout the game in an attempt to bring "balance" to the debate. His defence of the tackle on Ivanovic is dubious but his defence of Barnes is nauseating. Link here:
  7. Chelsea 1 Burnley 1

Referee has been shocking. I understand why some would interpret Matic's reaction as a red but Barnes has to go as well. He's been a dirty shite throughout this game so he could have potentially had two yellows. Also cannot believe neither of those obvious penalties was not given.
  8. Southampton 1 Chelsea 1

Phew, what a let-off!
  9. Southampton 1 Chelsea 1

Just wait till Lampard scores the winner for them... >.<
  10. Transfer Talk Topic

Is this a slight cause for concern?
  11. West Brom 1 - 3 Chelsea Hazard Salah Eto'o
  12. Manchester City 0 - 1 Chelsea

Unbelievable performance first half. I have to admit though I've got a really really horrible nagging feeling that Matic is going to get a second yellow...
  13. Chelsea 1 - 0 Stoke City (FA Cup)

The only really bad performance has been by Clarke Carlisle.
  14. Chelsea 1 - 0 Stoke City (FA Cup)

Aside from a couple of dodgy passes, Matic has looked pretty good this half particularly in terms of defensive positioning and ball-winning.
  15. I have a feeling that Mourinho will be at Manchester City next season. To be honest there is plenty of great managerial talent around at the moment. Klopp, Moyes, Laudrup, Clarke, Poyet etc. I just think that our club would give them no time, sack them after one bad run and we'll just keep churning out managers. If we were to actually give them time then my choice would be David Moyes. Or James Prescott.
  16. Non Chelsea: Domestic Cup Competitions

LMAO @ Arsenal!
  17. Non Chelsea: Premier League

>.< edit:: Yeah I know he technically didn't get one...
  18. Non Chelsea: Premier League

Yeah probably a hattrick for that stupid 'little pea'.
  19. A Song For Azpiliceuta....

We can't say his name, We can't say his naaammmee, Our right-back from Spain, We can't say his name!
  20. Victor Moses (On Loan: 2013-2014)

From TOCFCWS I know there was some discussion earlier about whether Victor Moses would be bought to play centrally but it appears RDM doesn't intend to use him like that. I think he'll spend the majority of his time playing RW for us competing with Ramires for that position, with Sturridge being the secondary option to Torres. Also I note he says we're done with signings. Not sure I believe that personally but it's nice the majority of our business has been done before deadline day.
  21. Victor Moses (On Loan: 2013-2014)

Can he play on the right? If so, does he play there often?
  22. Following Chelsea's Loans

Anyone know how Kakuta has done the last few games?
  23. This is an absolutely ridiculous decision. We've decided players rule at Chelsea, and we've just replaced one inexperienced manager with another. AVB was hounded out; almost bullied out of the club by his players. We absolutely deserve to finish 7th of below and I'm pretty certain we won't finish in the top four regardless. More short-termism by this club... when are we going to admit our squad is simply not good enough? We're a joke. Argh. I'm probably overly emotional right now to make sense. Good bye and good luck Andre, I hope you stick it to our club by being a success elsewhere.