Members_2012
  • Content count

• Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Ruudboy

1. Khobar's Legacy

Thanks - appreciated
  2. Khobar's Legacy

Thanks @Phoenixblue, but that it unlikely - It’s a matter of time. Makes you realise football is secondary to family.
  3. Khobar's Legacy

Had been looking forward to SB for the last game of the season, but my old man is seriously ill so did a hospital visit instead - couldn’t get the match on the hospital tv and no radio. Got back in time for MOTD only for there to be a power cut for the next three hours. Thanks for the commentary, chaps, hopefully the match was recorded on Sky+. Had the joy of translating “schadenfreude” for my sister’s Liverpool-loving boyfriend….won’t get a birthday card from him now, I suspect.
  4. Chelsea 1 Leicester City 1

Seen this? https://www.chelsea-news.co/2022/05/marina-granovskaia-will-leave-chelsea-because-nobody-is-willing-to-employ-russians-says-super-agent/
  5. Chelsea 1 Leicester City 1

I heard Rudi wanted 400k / week, which the club thought was taking the Michael. But whoever asks a low figure at the start of negotiations? Anyhow, he's off now and good luck to him, but I confess I don't have a warm feeling about it being a good move
  6. Chelsea 1 Leicester City 1

Amazing - what a man - brought a tear to my eyes. He'll always be welcome back by me - and the story of Kante in his mini? I've seen him driving it - couldn't believe it!
  7. The time to hesitate is through, no time to wallow in the mire ... hope he re-lights our fire ...
  8. Andreas Christensen

As the best, Kratos - you'll get there - keep the faith - all things must pass.
  9. Non Chelsea: Premier League

True. But don’t like to see Spuds go through, and Norwich might yet wake up.
  10. Non Chelsea: Premier League

Nope. Barcodes 1:0 Arsenal. Win on Thursday, please chaps.
  11. Non Chelsea: Premier League

Was Carragher actually speaking in favour of the Barcodes just now?
  12. Mine was equally 'nice' about the result. Even when I pointed out they'll need a bit of luck and 6 goals against Southampton to win the league. Still, it's possible: I wouldn't want to spoil the thoughts of a quadruple ...
  13. Media / Press

You and me both, Jane - but nobody else has reported this and, as FrankLampart8 said, they'd have been all over it were there a jot or scintilla of truth in it.
  14. Media / Press

For shame, Frank. I had thought better of you. Hope you get relegated now.
  15. Leeds United 0 Chelsea 3

Narch are a horrible lot. Amazed QPR haven’t got a bashing in here - another horrible lot. Southend are fairly human
  16. Khobar's Legacy

Will he slip, though?
  17. Chelsea 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers 2

Missed that, Chara - I was at the match, but there was a wardrobe in my line of sight
  18. Chelsea 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers 2

It was in the fifties as I recall. Phreaking wasn’t really going then - that started with STD (yup, Subscriber Trunk Dialing, not a naughty disease) in ‘58, but didn’t really get going till the 60s. I discovered it the following decade and made full use of it. Back to football.
  19. Chelsea 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers 2

If you tapped the receiver rest the requisite number of times for the STD code and operator, then the next STD code/operator etc., you could go from exchange to exchange for a long way. I used to call my folks in Cambridge from Exeter - all for free. Serious fonefreakers used electronic noise boxes to phone overseas ... When I was a feckless youth, we used to call Mr Jacobs to ask if we could borrow his ladder...
  20. Non Chelsea: Champions League

Well, uninspiring is the kindest judgement I can think of
  21. Non Chelsea: Champions League

Scouse mate said the same ……
  22. Totally agree, @CarefreeMuratcan: there is nothing worse than watching the FA Cup Final surrounded by genteel families, TV supporters and The Silent Majority, who complain if you stand, shout or - horrors! - sing.
  23. While I know who you are, assuming your nom de plume isn’t a bluff, you have no idea who I am. Nor do you know a blind thing about my world view or opinions, or whether tongue is in cheek. So kindly keep your presumptions to yourself. For the record, I do not like Liverpool as a team, but would never mock them should they - or any other team - ever be subjected to the level of vilification to which we have been exposed. That being said, I do take great pleasure when they are at a disadvantage on the sporting field, and was delighted when Villarreal went ahead after 3 minutes. But then, I am sure you shed a tear for their misfortune.