Ruudboy

Members_2012
  • Content count

• Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Ruudboy

1. Chelsea 2 Crystal Palace 0

The Caravan Club will never do us a favour. Sorry…
  2. That is not what I said, @Bob Singleton nor what I intended. Tenenbaum may be a close associate of RA, but the question remains: how far is this to go and, might I add, why not sanction Tenenbaum at the outset RA seems to have many fair weather friends, who presumably were quite aware of his apparently nefarious dealings while they were not subject to criticism, but are happy to throw their hands up in horror now his chum Vlad is seen to be the villain we all took him for. At least, those of us who knew a little of his background. So I repeat my question: how far will this go? Will Marina be next in line? The rest of the Board? What of other clubs?
  3. I've been waiting for that ... even though he's a Ukrainian. "Tenenbaum emigrated to Canada as a child, in 1975, and holds a bachelors degree in commerce and finance and a degree in economics from University of Toronto, from where he graduated in 1987 with distinction. He qualified as a Canadian Chartered Accountant with Price Waterhouse in Toronto where he worked in the audit department from 1987 until 1989. From 1994 until 1998, he worked at Salomon Brothers, and was a director in the corporate finance unit of the investment bank. Prior to that, he spent five years in corporate finance with KPMG in Toronto, Moscow and London, including three years (1990-1993) as National Director of KPMG International in Moscow. From 1998 until 2001, he was the head of corporate finance for Sibneft (Siberian Oil Company) in Moscow, then co-owned by Abramovich." - Wikipedia Will the government sanction everyone who works for a Russian organisation, then?
  4. Media / Press

Gut wrenching, wasn't it?
  5. Maximise the change in extra time
  6. Rudi at the back, Timo in attack …. Bliss
  7. Come on you blues, we’ve got to win this
  8. Real’s experience starting to look more like age
  9. In case anybody is white/blue colourblind?
  10. Here we go. Beers to hand. Shewhomustbeobeyed out with pals. COME ON YOU MIGHTY BLUES!
  11. Chelsea 2 Crystal Palace 0

Maybe he'll try to redress his past errors? No, thought not ...
  12. Can’t recall the context for the life of me, and Google doesn’t help. First heard it maybe 20-30 years ago when I was addicted to the Listener crossword. Just Private Eye and the Times polygon now.
  13. Non Chelsea: Premier League

2:2. Amazing no Pool player has been shown red.
  14. Southampton 0 Chelsea 6

It’s bloody agony. Imagine putting your foot through a lawn mower. Brentford then Real Madrid is bad enough, but with gout one would be homicidal. Keep taking the anti-inflammatories, Mr Williams, and try not to kill anyone.
  15. Media / Press

“Ovrebo catastrophised an otherwise relatively amicable match”.
  16. Yup. Gonna make this a night to try to forget. Modric and Benzedrine-Inhaler are such great players, our defence is hopeless (particularly Dave and Rudy) and Lukaku couldn’t hit a Friesian’s fundament with a five-stringed instrument. That should do it.
  17. "Last refuge of a lazy mind", as Evelyn Waugh is reputed to have said. He referred to the crossword, but he might have extended that to include the whole paper.
  18. Real Madrid will walk it. There you go. I trust that's what you meant?
  19. Media / Press

Thanks for clearing that up. I though it was Padlock. But I agree. Irritating little Badger.
  20. Chelsea 1 Real Madrid 3

As will RLC. Nope. Thought not.