Members_2012
  • Content count

• Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Ruudboy

1. Transfer Talk Topic

Support you on that.
  2. New Stadium Plans

or even the occasional normal ones? (maybe something to do with the turnstiles ...)
  3. Khobar's Legacy

Suggestion. Let gnasher play provided he takes out his teeth first. I'll help.
  4. Khobar's Legacy

Thought he had. Said "Stephen knows what I think of him" on the box last night. Says it all. Just hope it's what we think of him too. Note also that SFL will cap'n England for Costa Rica - too little, too late, Hodgson.
  5. Media / Press

Apparently has an STin the West Stand, so might be a prawn sandeich, but certainly a Chelse. I've seen him there ( in the distance from the Shed Lower) so know its true. Ish.
  6. Transfer Talk Topic

Van Gaal may make a big difference to the Moaners, but I do hope he doesn't add to his Chelsea chuck-out list by recruiting potential WC winner Robben. Agree with Terry_John regarding having "a bit of Fanny (Neguesha) around the bridge..." - it'd give Eva a bit of competition.
  7. Non Chelsea: International Football

Likes dressing up, too?
  8. Non Chelsea: International Football

Wonder how much it cost him, though?
  9. Transfer Talk Topic

If he keeps doing this sort of thing, I fully agree ...http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/ChelseaFCBlogs/~3/354HS9d3fo8/
  10. Non Chelsea: International Football

Many thanks, Holymoly, this brightened a dark evening spent contemplating the joys of spending the opening night of the World Cup in a black tie do in bleedin' Warsaw. Hopefully nobody will notice every wearer of the old black tie and frilly shirt b*****ing off to the bar over the road at round about 22:00 CET, leaving the ladies to enjoy free bubbly and the prospect of a lonely cab home until their sozzled spouses return reeking of Polish lager ....
  11. Media / Press

"WHAT odds Frank Lampard really meant that goal last night? I'd go 1-3 a fluke, 9-4 intentional, 33-1 an intentional fluke." Journalisted website purports to publish info about Journos, and this one really loves us: see http://journalisted.com/derek-mcgovern, and in particular "10 topics mentioned most by DM" - not quite sure there's a relationship between us and Engelbert though. Agreed: he couldn't tip a wheelbarrow
  12. Media / Press

Probably get a knighthood. On the other hand, looking forward to the World Cup. Just a shame Senegal didn't qualify and give Demba the chance of a double. Without being the least bit unpatriotic, let's hope something similar transpires.
  13. Frank Lampard: Legend.

Frankie Lampard Frankie Lampard Frankie Lampard Scored 200 against the Pikeys... Frankie Lampard Says it all. 212 goals. We'll be singing that in 50 years time, same as we sing Born is the King of Stamford Bridge. Frank, thanks: it's been an honour and a privilege. And a pleasure.
  14. The Run In

This. Absolutely. Lunch today with old friends - Moan U fans to a man, God forgive them - and we all raised our glasses to the Chelsea for keeping the dippers in the bin. I raised mine double-shotted when I realised our 103 record was secure. Well done, lads, and a great end to the season! Now for next season ...
  15. Jose has just been fined £10,000 for his recent comments - http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27324763. Not bad at the price: fancy another pop, Jose?
  16. The Run In

Fingers tightly crossed for a draw tonight, and trust to serendipity ...
  17. Non Chelsea: Premier League

This is what I call a great day for football, makes up for Norwich parking the tractors yesterday
  18. Chelsea 1 Atletico Madrid 3

Quite: at risk of another lecture, can we get back to football please? On train and en route for the Bridge now, hoping I don't have to walk there as a result of the tube strike. Oh, and I don't believe refs cheat: they're just not good enough. But let's hope tonight's is. Or that he makes errors in our favour.
  19. Chelsea 1 Atletico Madrid 3

Don't assume too much, I was just making the point that this is rather arcane for a footie chatroom. You are quite right, as Karl Popper says (he was an old mate of mine), we can only disprove that the data are uncorrelated rather than trying to prove a correlation. However, when we see repeated patterns in Chelse v Barca matches then it is only natural to assume the worst. And probably be right.
  20. Chelsea 1 Atletico Madrid 3

Is this a football chatroom, or did I just misskey into a logicians' paradise?
  21. Chelsea 1 Atletico Madrid 3

Pep, what did you do with Bayern? Real Divers walking all over them
  22. Chelsea 1 Atletico Madrid 3

And Bale (please God)
  23. Chelsea 2:0 PSG (3:3 On Aggregate)

I still can't believe it. Back from the Bridge last night in total euphoria to watch it again on Sky+, nodded off at halftime during the ads to dream about Chelse winning the quarter-finals, and waking up to see us actually do it. Marvelous. Gary Cahill showboating in front of the adoring ShedPeter Cech launching exocet after exocet to keep the ball outAzpi - what a terrier - matched only by WillianLuiz bringing a whole new and hairy perspective to "They Shall Not Pass"Ivan's energy levels continue to astonish me. Not a small guy, but he never stopsOscar. Does he know fear?Shurley shome mishtake? If he plays like that for the rest of the season, I may have to have my shirt resprayed with a new nameDemba Ba. Fitting that a Parisian sinks the FrogsNando, the coup de graceAnd not to forget the old guard, keeping the youngsters in line and injecting a bit of on-pitch wisdom. What would we do without you?And just a word to the rather self-controlled guy behind me in Shed lower row 11: I don't know how you do it. Stay calm and collected, that is. And yes, you read it right: you were extremely lucky indeed to escape without being kissed. I was singing along to Prince Buster all the way home down the M40. Thanks God I wasn't stopped, or I'd have kissed a copper. Jose, lads, thank you.
  24. Chelsea 3 Stoke City 0

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/04/chelsea-jose-Mourinho Mourinho claimed that does not necessarily mean the end of Fernando Torres's career at Stamford Bridge but his reassurance for the striker had a hollow ring to it. "He's a good professional, he tries his best," said Mourinho of the player who has scored four Premier League goals this season and seldom looked like the striker Chelsea thought they were getting when they paid £50m to sign him from Liverpool in 2011. "Someone that gives everything they have you can never blame and you cannot complain. He's a good professional in training and in his social life. When he's on the pitch he tries to do his best. "Fernando is a player with a certain profile and will always be the player with that profile. It's not at that age of 30 that he's going to add new qualities to the qualities he has. That's why I say he gives what he can, we respect that, and that's why he keeps playing and we keep trusting him and we believe he still has things to give. Does he have a future here? Yes, he has. He has a contract, he is a good professional and he works hard for the team. Obviously we want him to score goals and obviously he wants to score goals also. During his period in the club he has had moments, some of them important. Stability in his performances he's not having a lot." = He's underachieving, he's getting old, he's run out of shots in his locker, he's inconsistent, he's up for sale.
  25. PSG 3 Chelsea 1

I must be reading the wrong papers - missed that. If they were as obnoxious as those I "enjoyed" the match with, can't blame our lads.