Ruudboy

Members_2012
  • Content count

• Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Ruudboy

1. Would they ever take cash from Russians?
  2. Norwich City 1 Chelsea 3

Probably something as trivial as being grateful to the guy who turned Chelsea into the club it is today? You're right, but you can't blame people for expressing gratitude.
  3. There is a difference between a failed British steel business, a highly successful football club and a company which may or may not have produced steel for Russian tanks, and which does not appear to be controlled by RA. See https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/mar/10/shares-in-evraz-steel-firm-part-owned-by-roman-Abramovich-suspended: "In a statement on Thursday afternoon, Evraz denied the claims and said it did not expect the company itself to be hit with sanctions. Abramovich did not have “effective control” of the company, it said in a statement to the stock market, highlighting that he owned less than 50% and could appoint only three of 11 board members. “In view of the aforesaid, the company considers that the UK financial sanctions shall not apply to the company itself,” it said. Evraz denied its steel was used to build Russian tanks, saying it provided steel only to the “infrastructure and construction sectors”. The company also denied “that it is or has been involved in providing financial services, or making available funds, economic resources, goods or technology that could contribute to destabilising Ukraine or undermining or threatening the territorial integrity, sovereignty or independence of Ukraine – which includes potentially supplying steel to the Russian military which may have been used in the production of tanks.” OK, it would say that, wouldn't it? But is the HMG case strong enough? I can see the legal case dragging on for years ...
  4. Which team do you truly dislike?

Can’t fault that, although Hull comes third. Vile lot.
  5. Media / Press

Sorry, but I strongly disagree. I love my country, the good people in it and in particular my family and my club. But I do violently object to the morons both in it and those outside it and unduly influencing it, and in particular those who are currently dragging its name through the mire. The sooner they are dismissed and disgraced the better. Our reputation is in tatters.
  6. Thank You Roman

Nope. He was a grape. Maligned … as ever Hey now, that is fighting talk. Expect a riposte from Mr Williams …
  7. Norwich City 1 Chelsea 3

Of course. It’s only Chelsea.
  8. Norwich City 1 Chelsea 3

Here we go … pen?
  9. Norwich City 1 Chelsea 3

Chelse in good voice tonight
  10. Norwich City 1 Chelsea 3

Agreed. Given up on vision, radio on, stiff gin poured and eyes closed … hey, I’m at Carrot Road!
  11. I’ve got a bit of a thirst, but that’ll be a challenge
  12. Thank You Roman

Refuse to be a part of it? … “Blubbering”? … what a load of baleen … sorry Jane, just hysterics after a crap day. And wales are most decidedly not fish.
  13. Well, he always was full of … excitement (did I spell that right? No matter…)
  14. Norwich City 1 Chelsea 3

Normally watch live, but I guess it's going to be 10:30 tonight on Sky Sports Premier League, as it doesn't seem to be streamed anywhere else
  15. Thank You Roman

Yeh .... whale meet again (as the lady sang)! Still, look on the bright side, better than being owned by Ahabs.
  16. Serious question: will the bar be open on Sunday? Can we bring our own refreshments? Even water? Club rules plus government rules would suggest not, but surely you cannot expect people to sit in a stadium unnourished for 2 hours?
  17. Good point, Chara- given the loss of assets due to continually injecting capital into the club, shouldn't it be seen as a financial liability, and thus leaving it in Roman's hands actually acts to his detriment, wouldn't you say? So HMG has actually shot itself in the foot (again ...).
  18. With you there, buddy
  19. I'm with you there - it's always seemed a blasphemy to waste part of the Shed on .... Dippers, Spam, Le Arse, Spuds ....
  20. This. from Sarfend supporter mate: “So we got a bigger crowd home to Grimsby in the NL than Chelsea will get if they get to the QFs of CL! When we go to Maidenhead we can sing "what's it like to see a crowd" to you!” quite.
  21. Come to think about it, will ST renewals be permitted? and could someone other than Roman take over the club on a temporary basis?
  22. Agreed: had been considering not renewing the ST as getting a bit old for the fortnightly hack up to town. Not now. Count me in for next year. At lest it’ll get rid of the plastics. BTW, the Club shop is to close.