thevelourfog

Members_2012
  • Content count

• Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by thevelourfog

1. Chelsea Women

On my way to Kingsmeadow, having slept for about 2 hours last night thanks to lingering annoyance about the men yesterday and my son teething. Hope the women give me something to stay awake for and rescue my weekend, something they've made a habit of in the last month or two!
  2. Chelsea 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers 2

I was about to say losing to this Leeds team would be a real low but only because I'd momentarily forgotten about Everton.
  3. Chelsea 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers 2

Yes, we had numbers because we couldn't shift, not depth. Tuchel has never been the sort to not pick players or freeze them out when they clearly can do a job (like Lampard with, for example, Alonso, Rudiger, Azpi) so I'm finding this criticism odd. Why assume we can all see something he can't? More likely he can see something we can't all see.
  4. Chelsea 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers 2

Chalobah has been really poor, and injured, recently. Mount is either superhuman or has been playing through knocks. What manager can play better players but just decides not to?
  5. Chelsea 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers 2

The legs are gone, I don't know that "resting" anyone is really possible at this stage. And I'd not feel like relying on the mental fortitude of players who've failed to beat a desperately poor Leeds just a few days before. I think we just play the best side we can play for every game left at this stage.
  6. Chelsea 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers 2

This is a crazy interpretation of the subs. If he wants out, he just quits. The most likely explanation is the one no seems to be able to see; he doesn't have the choices people assume he has.
  7. Chelsea 0 Liverpool 0 (5 - 6 on penalties)

It's obviously an immense privilege to go to a FA Cup final, to have your team there and to get a ticket ... but f**k me, I'm completely dreading this. Even when we've been brilliant, against them, we've not managed to win. And we are so far away from being brilliant right now. I am living in hope and absolutely no expectation.
  8. Chelsea 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers 2

Neither of our goals involved any build up played through Chelsea players. Anything that came through us, the wrong decision was made every single time the final ball was made.
  9. Chelsea 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers 2

This ... ... and this. I thought we were very average throughout and fortunate through two Wolves errors at the back and a few more than that up front to be gifted a 2-0 lead, but to not be able to hold on to that is criminal, especially with the late corner and throw ins. Why Kovacic doesn't take the boring 10 yard sideways pass to Saul for the first goal is beyond me, considering boring sideways passes is what most of them do for the rest of the game. I keep saying this ... None of us have any idea who is actually fit and able to play, and who is just making up numbers. We aren't really in a position to be questioning the starting team picked or the subs made as we don't know what decisions are actually available to Tuchel. And for what it's worth, the players on the bench have been part of some pretty woeful performances recently, anyway; who is to say things go any better with them on? I really didn't think dropping out of the top 4 was likely. I still think of all the possible outcomes it's the least likely. But that is very, very marginal now. It's clear, though, the legs aren't there for things to be better this season. It's just attrition from this point on. 4th by the skin of our teeth will do.
  10. Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

They did say "for the benefit of the club". I don't think there's the least bit of interest in them naming the women's team, academy etc. but not the men's team. It's only an issue if you're looking for issues. Everything the statement says, specifically the money ring-fenced for investment, is reassuring. Guess we just have to see if they practice what they preach.
  11. Chelsea 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers 2

Haven't we played more games than anyone else in Europe? It's as simple as that.
  12. Transfer Talk Topic

Scored a few, too. I imagine he misses some for Roma.
  13. Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

No one had said it will rise by £10m each week. On what basis? TV and commercial income continues to grow exponentially, and technology is opening up revenue streams previously unthinkable. The idea we'd be worth £8-10bn in a few years if run to at least the same level of success isn't at all out there.
  14. Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

lol, in what way is he benefitting? Total bellend.
  15. Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

There are, but they are short sighted. At current growth, there are estimates that a club like Chelsea could be worth £10bn in 5 or so years. Clearlake Capital could easily afford to keep things ticking over and then make their money when there is more of it to be made. Siphoning off our income and selling players would take far longer to yield any meaningful profit.
  16. Leeds United 0 Chelsea 3

I know he's not down to ref the final, but could we perhaps injure him just in case? I'm sure he's been tempted to start himself at the back or up front in recent weeks
  17. Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

The reporting that Roman wants this seem to be, to be frank, lies. He cannot write off debts while sanctioned and his assets frozen. It doesn't appear to be within his power to do it.
  18. Certainly I think Tuchel's stock is higher than ours as a club right now, and that has been very, very rare for Chelsea. He'd be in demand if other clubs across the continent were in different situations. He does genuinely seem to love it here, mind.
  19. Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

lol, would be an utterly bizarre opinion (apparently comedy is no longer popular?!) in a thread actually about TV comedy, never mind one about Roman Abramovich being sanctioned.
  20. Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

I doubt he'd make it up, but I'd be far less surprised to hear a government source made it up or misrepresented exactly what is going on. And the government, much more so than any party, has motivation to be briefing the press that issues with a deal completed are nothing to do with them and are about Abramovich. I have no idea what to believe, personally. I struggle with the idea that Abramovich would seriously think any money is coming his way from this sale any time soon.
  21. Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

We already have memberships, season tickets, VIP packages ... This is nothing new or different, it's just expressed in tedious American business BS terms. I support Chelsea, and am also a customer in that I buy goods/services from them. That's broadly fine.
  22. Official: Chelsea Sign Christian Pulisic

I'm with you, for the most part. I feel pretty deflated right now, but that's because I think our legs have gone and they're won't be that much left to cheer until these players have 6 weeks off. Losing two CBs I think does make next season tricky, mind; they need to be replaced, along with changes elsewhere and we're likely on the back foot with signing players. But we aren't completely useless the way some are suggesting.
  23. Chelsea 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers 2

They just got completely battered at home by Brighton, by all accounts they are on the beach. I don't think this matters given we don't make you work for goals.
  24. Everton 1 Chelsea 0.

Can't understand why I didn't put money on 1-0 Everton at 2pm today. So grimly predictable.
  25. Everton 1 Chelsea 0.

Really boring watching us concede the same goal at least every other game.