thevelourfog

Members_2012
  • Content count

• Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by thevelourfog

1. Everton 1 Chelsea 0.

Nope, my mistake. It's Pawson. Disgracefully inept reffing today, but I fully expect more. Almost every game we have more of the ball but somehow commit significantly more fouls. It really is scandalous. We've been dire, mind. Can't see how this ends with any scoreline that includes a Chelsea goal.
  2. Everton 1 Chelsea 0.

He's got the FA Cup final, hasn't he?
  3. Everton 1 Chelsea 0.

The minute there is even the flimsiest pretext for a red or penalty, it's happening.
  4. Everton 1 Chelsea 0.

None of us have any idea who is available.
  5. Everton 1 Chelsea 0.

Burnley winning today puts huge pressure on Everton to get a result tomorrow. Coming at us would probably be to our advantage.
  6. Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

I am struggling to think of a realistic motive for Ratcliffe to announce a bid he doesn't want to or think can succeed. Did Raine ever actually announce who the bidders were, in a public-facing way not filtered through the press? Can we really be confident Ratcliffe hasn't been through the same scrutiny and process the other bidders have been? I'd favour his bid, personally. But it doesn't seem to make sense. So either ... He's doing nonsensical things, or more likely we don't have the context we think we do to help us make sense of the bid.
  7. Transfer Talk Topic

Aren't they a very young group, much younger than the team of recent years and others in the league? Not something to worry about, really.
  8. Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

This is absolutely huge. He buys us and we're the biggest club in the world within 5 years rather than a new Arsenal.
  9. Everton 1 Chelsea 0.

Charity FC rolling into town once more!
  10. Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

Yes, I read it as an attempt to push for the sale to happen quickly. This government definitely don't want the responsibility of making any further decisions or taking further actions.
  11. Manchester United 1 Chelsea 1

I was at Kingsmeadow so didn't watch this, but looking at the match stats makes me feel like I did. 20 times already this season.
  12. Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

I can see now why the mods are so desperate for us to stick to football chat. Truly perplexing stuff. I think whichever billionaire consortia buys us probably won't erect a statue of Lenin, mate.
  13. Transfer Talk Topic

My partner is from Norfolk and her family are Norwich fans so I've watched them a few times this season. Gilmour has looked poor more often than not, on his own terms. He isn't ready for us, not even close. He may still get there but the idea he comes in now for Jorginho AND that would represent an improvement is delusional.
  14. Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

lol, this really is unhinged. If multimillionaire communists existed, would they be buying Chelsea FC? Imagine your political compass being so utterly screwed that you think people like Martin Broughton and Lewis Hamilton are "far left".
  15. Manchester United 1 Chelsea 1

Bugger, had been fairly confident about tonight.
  16. Chelsea Women

Part 2 tomorrow! Nothing but cup finals left for Hayes this season but I'd back her.
  17. Manchester United 1 Chelsea 1

I'll be at the women's match so can't watch, and I know lots of fans think this way but that makes me 100% confident we'll play brilliantly and win.
  18. Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

The "woke mob" here being those financing the film, very likely an arts council part funded by public money with strict requirements around how that money is used? When I read that Hamilton and Williams were valued as they brought "diversity" to the bid, I assumed it was meant in terms of diversifying the composition of the bid, not their racial or ethnic backgrounds. I've not seen any line from anyone to suggest otherwise. Good to see people being totally, totally normal about it, mind. Personally think (guess?) Broughton has no chance.
  19. Chelsea 1 West Ham 0

He's both very good and hugely overrated. Brilliant player but no one is worth the £150m is manager thinks he is worth. West Ham may be a problem for him if his star continues to ascend at a much faster rate than there's does. He's irreplaceable for them, but wouldn't add nearly enough value to anyone who could afford him (and we can't be sure we're in that group any more) for them to make a serious bid. At a friend's wedding in Seville so watched in a pub here rather than the ground today. Very, very frustrating but it just isn't going to improve this season, we're clearly knackered and pieced together too tentatively to take any risks on the transition, everything is going to remain in front of the oppo and everyone we have left to play this league season will be okay with that. It really is about getting to the FA Cup final in good shape without throwing too much away in the league now.
  20. Chelsea 2 Arsenal 4

What bits? Christensen failing to knock a ball 10 yards back to Mendy? Sarr failing to know where his own feet and the ball are? We keep conceding goals, and they are almost all the result of individual errors rather than any pattern of play, anything about how we are set up. That is completely on the players. When I can't do the basics in my job, it isn't my boss's fault. None of us know anything about who was actually available to Tuchel today, so this bedwetting about the team is nonsense. Does anyone think he was able to choose a stronger team but just decided not to? I've only seen the penalty in the ground in real time but it looked a joke decision. Thought both players were all over each other, and nowhere near the actual ball. Don't get me wrong, though. This was one of the worst performances I can recall in a very, very long time. The sort of performance that would ideally end a few Chelsea careers. Sarr was as bad as I can recall any individual being for us in any one game, and I'm including pre-Abramovich there. Loftus-Cheek does absolutely nothing of any actual importance. The grim predictably of picking this lot up off the floor every year is fast becoming my least favourite annual tradition.
  21. Chelsea 2 Arsenal 4

He's been much better than I'd have expected back in August but he doesn't fill me with confidence. If Silva and Chalobah are genuinely fit, I'd have picked one of them for this. Which makes me wonder who is genuinely fit; this is not a team I feel that happy with but at this point of the season and with so many important games in quick succession, I have to wonder who has played with knocks and can't keep doing that.
  22. Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

idk, it makes sense to me. That information leaking could have much serious implications than musings on who bid in the first place, so I can imagine those in the know having that bit more incentive to keep quiet.
  23. Chelsea 2 Crystal Palace 0

Ugh, do I want to go? Can't imagine much better than being there to watch us stuff them, can't imagine much worse than having to be around 30k celebrating Liverpool fans for the second time in 3 months.
  24. Chelsea 2 Crystal Palace 0

This has not been the most interesting. Last time I complained about a boring first half was Brentford, mind, so another excruciatingly dull half with a flukey Chelsea goal to win 1-0 at the end is fine, thanks.
  25. Media / Press

Read it earlier and thought ... "if we end up on a very different trajectory now, and all he leaves behind is two decades of winning trophies, all of the trophies there are to win ... That's pretty good right?!".