Sea foot

Members_2012
  • Content count

• Last visited

• Days Won

Posts posted by Sea foot

1. 31 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Wolves have a player called "Jonny" , it says it on his shirt .

Guy Mowbray on MOTD live must've called him Jonny Castro-Otto about a thousand times purely to prove how clever he is , the fool.

To be fair it says J. Otto on the shirt.

2. Another cock-eyed way of looking at it would be that the club are aware that we would lose an appeal and get a further ban. Better that and spend BIG this summer on quality players rather than not being able to refresh the squad for the next two windows. Just a thought.

3. Personally I think that Pedro is on the slide now so that CHO is getting closer every day. Willian is inconsistent so CHO will be a good a choice to share the load. As for RLC, they are completely different players so one can't compare IMO. 

I see no reason why he shouldn't be getting at least 6 or 7 PL starts for the rest of the season. We should be happy to have youngsters knocking on the door.

4. 42 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Fair enough... Spurs would, I imagine, quickly spent a lot of money on an established striker had 2014-15 not gone as it did for Kane. Hudson-Odoi's issue is that those players Spurs would have hypothetically bought actually exist at Chelsea. 

I do wonder if we'd have more great kids established here if only we'd suffered more injuries here in the last few years. 

Then I blame the excellent medical staff we had Mr Fog.😊 What luck that we seem to be getting niggling injuries just as a great bunch of youngsters are coming through. Pity that they seem to be getting them as well. 😂

5. 40 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

You know Eden at the moment is a wonderful player but he’s an individual player, he’s very instinctive. For him its very difficult to play only in one position, he likes very much to go in relation to the ball, he wants the ball at his feet so for him I think it’s very difficult to play as a striker but also as a winger. We have to organise the other 10 players in the defensive phase because he needs to play everywhere on the pitch.’

He says it is difficult for him to play as a striker. He's right. It is. 

This isn't a criticism, just statement of fact. 

From that quote (which for some reason you have only bolded half the sentence) I understood him to say that he can't play as the striker and also be a winger at the same time.

"...he likes very much go to in relations of the ball, he wants the ball at his feet so for him I think it's very difficult to play as a stiker but also as a winger."

It seems to me that he is saying that Hazard should be staying in the strikers position instead of trying to be everywhere else.

6. 11 hours ago, Gormangorman said:

Never mind the previously unbeaten in almost two years  champions are beaten tonight by Chelsea.

According to the BBC the match of the day is Liverpool.

To be fair to MotD, they were right to show the games in that order. Creates a bit of tension when the commentator says that they top the table for a few hours until the champions elect play later. 

7. I may be wrong Droy but I'm not sure whether you got what chiswickblue was saying. 

Sorry about that. I read the quoted post in isolation. Since then I went back and realised that the conversation had been going for a few posts and it all makes sense now.🤐

8. 2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

If they cloned a player from the DNA of Ronaldo (fat) , Ronaldinho , Messi and John Terry and they were the best player in the World at eighteen and they'd pay us £100m to take him , I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole if Mini Raiola was his agent .

Not a fan then Mark?

9. 36 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Agreed. It feels like Barkley is this seasons player to bash and no matter what he does, some just won't rate him.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think this guy is going to be one of our best players this season necessarily, but I do think he can do a job for us and can be a more than solid backup/competition to Kovacic.

Let's get behind him and support him.

Yep!

• Like 1

10. If you look at the discrepancy between Sturridge (good goal that it was) and the others it just showed to me that people can't be bothered to vote for any others if there is a pool goal in there. Another nice harmless bit of fun that the dippers have ruined by phone bombing. Ahh well. Scamps will be scamps I suppose.