About NoblyBobly

• Rank
    CFCnet Member

Previous Fields

• Team
    chelsea

Recent Profile Visitors

7,510 profile views
  1. You are of the opinion that decisions were made? I'm assuming you were familiar with what those decisions were about. I can help you. It was about taking the knee in support of BLM and racial injustice . At some point , probably around a table, it has been decided to stop making it a required thing before a game. You seem to think that the club captains voted on that after a unilateral decision , perhaps after someone suggested it on their whatsapp group, whereas I think the PL neatly passed the buck and gave the captains the opportunity to decide ( and just crossed their fingers). I'd be interested to know if it was a secret ballot and who had access to votes.
  2. Very much agree. I find it constantly baffling that the very vocal campaigners for gay rights/ women's rights/ minority rights/ workers exploitation were not spitting with rage and taking to the streets to protest against a country such as Qatar being given the honour of hosting a world cup. They have a record of slave labour ( in the building of these very stadiums) and throwing gays and rape victims in jail for just being gay and for just being raped. I haven't lost all faith in those protesters. They have their chance to make their protests during the tournament ( even in the streets of Qatar) and most right minded people will be right behind them. But I was never a fan of the knee bending purely because of its automatic links with BLM ( a crooked, violent political movement that stole peoples money) but as the connection with BLM drifted away and the stadium banners were removed and icons in my tv screen corner disappeared I was much more comfortable with the knee and was glad our fans didn't create an issue. I knew it probably wouldn't last forever , but wouldn't the world cup, in a place like Qatar be just the place to give it its last big hurrah. Make them feel awkward. Big point made.
  3. And who decided to give the club captains the choice?
  4. And surely the reason the PL have decided to stop the taking of the knee this season is that it might offend or embarrass our Qatar hosts who possess one of the worst human rights record you can think of. Any comment on that Mr Gary Linaker?
  5. Everton 0 Chelsea 1

Yes were too timid last season and I'd not like to see that approach repeat itself for too long. It's perhaps not surprising that the new players that came in were the boldest and most creative. I wouldn't like to think that that attitude gets knocked out of them.
  6. Everton 0 Chelsea 1

We all want to see us play with a bit more swagger but this is first game. A win there feels good. I remember Lampards first game had plenty of swagger and we shipped 4 goals. But a bit of swagger must come. TT without doubt is a conservative manager and he needs to take the handbrake off at some point...but lets settle in our team first...we had a very tough year one way and another. Oh and I will take zero swagger and 3 points against the Spuds.
  7. Everton 0 Chelsea 1

Poor disjointed first half but first game of season. We are going to be rusty. Sterling looks our best player so a good buy me thinks.
  8. Everton 0 Chelsea 1

Phew..take that just before half time.
  9. Everton 0 Chelsea 1

Agreed. But Pully can run round in circles too.
  10. Everton 0 Chelsea 1

10 corners and not won a single header.
  11. Everton 0 Chelsea 1

First half hour look very disjointed.
  12. Everton 0 Chelsea 1

Sterling must be very confused. In a Liverpool or City shirt that's a pen all day!
  13. Everton 0 Chelsea 1

What the hell is Jorge doing going up for a corner?