Chrisb

Members_2012
  • Content count

• Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Chrisb

1. Absolutely, I have the physique of a Greek god. I can’t remember his name but he’s the one with the beer belly and skinny legs.
  2. To clear things up I was talking about what should be said to Mr Lukaku!
  3. Very true. It’s like splitting up with a partner. At the start you’re all excited for what the future might hold but after a few months you realise that actually it’s not working out at all and you have to say “On your bike you tubby git, you’re just not what I expected, you’re not trying and I really can’t see a future for us.” I can’t remember exactly what I said to my ex-partner though.
  4. True. Fingers crossed that the pizzerias in Milan set up a go-fund-me to raise the money to buy him permanently.
  5. That is a worry Bob. If he can’t be moved on next season then he potentially comes back to Chelsea. Not a scenario I’d like to see happen.
  6. So according to Sky we’ve reached an agreement and he’s off on loan. Hope the takeaways in Milan are getting stocked up ready for his return.
  7. Transfer Talk Topic

If we’re buying a Sterling, I would take Sir David Stirling, the founder of the SAS. Imagine him in our for forward line…he would appear from nowhere, bang it the back of the net and then disappear, only to reappear two minutes later to make a great block in our penalty area. Shame he’s no longer with us. Anyway, not sure who we’re going to buy, it’s all a little bit confusing at the minute. To be fair I’m not that bothered, I’m just glad we’re still alive and kicking as a club.
  8. Transfer Talk Topic

My fear with Lukaku is when (if) he is finally shown the exit door he’ll point to it and then miss it altogether.
  9. Non Chelsea: International Football

Thankfully I’m working tomorrow night so will be spared the temptation to pluck my own eyes out with cocktail sticks!
  10. Non Chelsea: International Football

You’d have been livid if you’d had to pay to watch that! One of the poorest England displays (and there’s been quite a few over the years!) I’ve seen for some time.
  11. Non Chelsea: International Football

He might as well be a cardboard cut-out for all the sense his interviews make. He blamed the heat for the poor performance, I reckon it’ll be hotter in Qatar so he’s used that one early. He reminds me of an English teacher I had at school, very well spoken but just waffles a load of meaningless sh*t.
  12. Non Chelsea: International Football

They were utter shite. Mount went off but nothing changed with any of the subs. Could easily have been 3 nil to Hungary.
  13. Non Chelsea: International Football

That was probably the strangest penalty decision ever. Reece James had only been on for about a minute too!
  14. Non Chelsea: International Football

They didn’t stop me from nodding off! England really are poor, they rival us for pointless backward and sideways passing.
  15. Non Chelsea: International Football

So, England are back in action today on their new home of Channel 4. Anybody else not entirely bothered by this whole Nations League crap?
  16. Transfer Talk Topic

Definitely not, we’ll end up with Wayne Rooney hanging around Cobham.
  17. Khobar's Legacy

Can’t understand why they didn’t have their “Penalty shoot out winners 21/22” parade tomorrow, it’s not like any of their fans would have to take a day off work.
  18. Khobar's Legacy

For all the media’s scratching around trying to blame everyone but the Victims, the question is why do no other teams fans ever have issues like this? Real Madrid’s fans seemed to get in OK and it was the same police and stewards on their gates.
  19. Khobar's Legacy

Thanks for the OG update! You’re right though, how do you steal an electronic ticket? My guess is you probably can’t but it’s another excuse to trot out to make the Vermin fans look innocent, the fact being that if anyone can steal something it would be them!
  20. Khobar's Legacy

God only knows, I’ve never heard of electronic football tickets! Every game I’ve ever been to I’ve had a physical ticket.
  21. Khobar's Legacy

I’m guessing that the tear gas f**ked his eyesight up which would explain why he didn’t see any Vermin fans doing anything wrong! Apparently they were sold thousands of fake tickets which caused the confusion! Holy sh*t, you really couldn’t make this up!
  22. Khobar's Legacy

According to that SSN reporter Sovekhol (or whatever he’s called) it was all French and Spanish fans doing it. He actually says several times that he didn’t see a single Liverpool fan doing anything wrong! Sky Sports News' Kaveh Solhekol at the Stade de France "In the last few minutes, me and three of my crew were tear-gassed for no reason whatsoever by the French police. It was a pretty nasty experience but we sorted it out by getting a few bottles of water and pouring it in our eyes. We are all fine. "The situation here is a bit of a strange one. I think what has happened is a lot of people have turned up at the stadium without tickets. They seem to be young, French people just milling around and trying to break through the security cordons. "From what I’ve seen, even at the Liverpool fan park, the French police’s attitude has been very heavy-handed with absolutely zero tolerance. They don’t care how much of a crush is developing and they are insisting on searching absolutely everybody before they let them through. "We had a situation at the fan park this afternoon where some Liverpool fans were queuing up for three hours to get into a free event. There were three, four, five checkpoints where they were being held up and searched. "We had the same situation at the stadium tonight. There are so many police, riot police and security guards here and their mindset has been to stop anybody without a ticket getting anywhere near the stadium. "The situation is complicated because we’re not just talking about paper tickets, we’re talking about in the modern age, people have passes on their phones. They haven’t been able to bring up the right passes or find their passwords. We’ve seen people in tears because they’ve had their tickets swiped from them. People have had their electronic tickets stolen from them. "As far as the police and security here [at the Stade de France] are concerned, they don’t care. They don’t want anybody near the stadium if they don’t have tickets. I’m walking around the streets now and it’s full on young, French people trying to find a way to get inside the security cordon. "I can only say from what I’ve seen as an eyewitness myself, but I haven’t seen any Liverpool supporters whatsoever causing any problem at all. I haven’t seen them turning up late, I was quite shocked at how early supporters had turned up at the stadium. "We got here about four hours before kick-off, expecting it to be quite quiet. But it felt like it was an hour before kick-off because so many people had arrived early and in good time. I would be very wary when I read statements from UEFA blaming kick-off being delayed and problems outside the stadium on the late arrival of fans. That is not the case from what I have seen. "I have seen quite a few fans trying to trick their way past security guards and the policemen and all of those supporters I’ve seen trying to do that are Spanish. It was one of those incidents we got caught up in when we were teargassed, a group of riot police were trying to eject some Real Madrid supporters who were trying to get through the cordon without tickets. "There was a bit of a confrontation between the Spanish supporters and the riot police, and that’s when they got out the tear gas and we happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. "But I have to stress again – with my own eyes, I haven’t seen any Liverpool supporters causing any problems or trouble whatsoever." He obviously didn’t see all the videos widely circulating on social media showing them climbing the fences and running through the turnstiles!
  23. Khobar's Legacy

24. Khobar's Legacy

Courtois was always my favourite goalkeeper.
  25. Thank You Roman

Uncle Ken was at the helm when I started following and he spent a whole £1 to get his hands on us (obviously more since we were in financial trouble at the time). I remember being gobsmacked when rumours of us signing Ruud Gullit first surfaced and refusing to believe it until I’d seen a picture of him in a Chelsea shirt in my Onside paper (clubs monthly paper for club members/season ticket holders for those of you not old enough to remember!). From then on the club went from strength to strength, Mathew Harding added his help to the cause but we could never seem to quite reach the pinnacle until Roman arrived. He truly was the best owner in football and took us to places and finals I never thought I’d see. Thank you Roman for everything you’ve done. The king is dead, long live the king.