Chrisb

Members_2012
  • Content count

• Last visited

• Days Won

Posts posted by Chrisb

1. 21 minutes ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

Austria Vienna. Loved those cup winners cup games in the 90’s.

Ah, thanks for jogging the old memory. I seem to recall Graham Rix coming out of retirement to play in that game as the old “3 foreign players” rule was still in back then and Spenny was classed as a foreigner!

Didn’t see the game tonight due to work but managed to listen to it on the 5th Stand. I do enjoy listening to Jason Cundy give his thoughts on the match.

2. 4 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

Bring back small strikers 

Still love John Spencer’s goal in Europe (age has made me forget the opponent!) where he ran half the pitch before scoring. We must have had one of the smallest teams in the league back then!

3. 2 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

I'm conflicted here. I don't want Arsenal qualifying, but I want us to have ours wrapped up. 

I hope they qualify because then next season will show their true form when they’re having to play as many games as the rest of us.

4. 5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Beautifully balanced team for SKY tonight , Kenny Daglish's daughter , Graeme Souness and an ex Leeds forward .

A bit Chelsea heavy but I'm sure they'll make up for it 

Think I’ll watch it on an American channel then! 

5. 13 minutes ago, Ruudboy said:

Howay the lads, actually, but seriously hoping for this. In fact, I’d love it

Is this a hark back to the famous Keegan rant when he was their manager? Still makes me chuckle all these years later!

As much as I’m crossing everything I can in the hope the barcodes can beat them, I fear the FA/PL won’t allow it to happen with the salacious use of some dodgy VAR decisions as usual.