About chara

• Rank
    CFCnet Member

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    http://

Profile Information

• Interests
    Chelsea..dogs,,GWPs that is....carving out an existence on the Frontier!!

Previous Fields

• Team
    Chelsea

Recent Profile Visitors

13,750 profile views
  1. Transfer Talk Topic

"ear "ear
  2. Transfer Talk Topic

Your instincts are always right Jane. I'm still sentimental about many past players as are many here if you read between the lines. Now..again..about that guy who went to Como?
  3. Transfer Talk Topic

Thanks, helps focus my thoughts. Yeah..that's about how I see it. It's being on the edge of getting a reputation I think. Once that sticks it never goes away however unjustified it is. Perception as ever is all. Wish him well.
  4. Transfer Talk Topic

A question... am I the only one with feeling some unease about Chalobah? I can look at Sarr for example and think he's not quite good enough but that's not how I look at Trev. I think he's being used properly in terms of not throwing him in the deep end for every game and I appreciate his lack of experience and how well he has done but I just feel...well..uneasy. Can anyone help me here?
  5. Transfer Talk Topic

Totally agree.... and Morata. Jog my memory...or not....did Chelsea ever sign an "Ugly Duckling" who turned into the mythical "Swan"? I recall the occasional surprise signing that worked Anelka comes to mind but that was more like a player who had it but with a suspect history. Maybe that was a media project?
  6. Transfer Talk Topic

That is part of the puzzle for me...as you say we don't know... and that is a big IF. I didn't mean to imply cheques were bouncing rafher the possibility and I can't help but wonder how players who have taken or been "persuaded" to take cuts feel about new players coming in and presumably being offered competitive pay structures compared to other offers. I am pretty much in agreement with your assessment but again the whole Barca setup seems weird. As an aside (surprise!)...many years ago I was on the fringe of a strange movie shot in Spain...by fringe I mean looking in , no way connected. I was told that Shelley Winters had been offered a leading role but got to Madrid to find no money on the table so said "Thanks but no Thanks" and turned back home. A cautionary tale maybe?
  7. Transfer Talk Topic

I understand all that and have posted similar thoughts but a pay packet in London/Leeds beats a bounced cheque in Barcelona ?
  8. Media / Press

Debated where to post this but given my disdain for the Media and Barca I feel it may be a meeting of kindred spirits. IF the Barca situation spirals down to the point of a potential Armagedón phase how will the British and International Media react ? Horror and demands for Spanish Government aid (bending of rules/loan) ?...Bewailing the possibility of Football Royalty faltering? Call for FIFA UEFA NATO UN to do something? Laud the history of the Club to justify the actions that brought the Club to this point? After all The Media/Government here pulled out all the stops to support Chelsea FC in "that" moment of need not engendered by bad policies etc. Thoughts anyone?
  9. Transfer Talk Topic

I'm still puzzle as to why two,nearly three, Chelsea players opted to move to Barca,knowing the financial situation there and the attempted, and successful, purge on the wage system without Chelsea pushing them to move on.(As far as I can tell.) Plus other players who had options. Putting aside any anti Barca feelings and understanding the draw of such a big club in normal times it seems like being able to read the future in 1912 and still purchasing a cabin on the Titanlc.
  10. Transfer Talk Topic

Hmm...."A current full England international" doesn't carry the same endorsement it once did. Just saying.
  11. Squad Status: 2022/23 Season

Hmm...maybe the "Scouting Team" got it right?..... No point in trying for him if we can't supply the ammunition for him?...too simple? If the goal machine signed at Citeh doesn't score there are others who can and will...not so at Chelsea as we found last season with our "goal machine" signing.
  12. Well said Mark..... taking the knee has/had a different connotation to me and I had huge reservations about the gesture and the shirt markings at the start again due to a different perspective for me here. However things changed I think and the gesture appeared to me to evolve into a more rounded mature stronger "voice" against wider issues. In my humble view and my perspective changed accordingly. I have always felt personal choice is a freedom we need to protect and cherish ..... forcing someone to do something is as wrong as the wrongs being protested against. A player choosing not to kneel is as important as a player choosing to kneel....and I hope much respect is given to those who decide to kneel now it is not understood to be an almost mandatory thing. This is not a political post but a voicing of thoughts around a match day event and has no political bias or leanings. Respect.
  13. Transfer Talk Topic

Not really the right place to post but one of the things I most enjoy about The Forum is over coffee first thing here I browse the back log due to the time difference and then there is the Late Late crowd...you all know who you are...who bring a slightly different outlook to the forums.. Thank you guys/gals....keeps the Chelsea connection so enjoyable for me.
  14. Non Chelsea: Premier League

And that's just the Keepers.
  15. Everton 0 Chelsea 1

Fair comment... I was trying to generalise rather than appear to aim at anyone..accept an apology for a lazy post. Oh and if you had picked my abilities apart I would have....cried! Sensitive soul that I am (smile)