Martin1905

Members_2012
  • Content count

• Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Martin1905

1. As much as none of us wanted to ever see the day the great man, the greatest man in footballing history he must now be after giving so much, more than most countries to the people suffering from this war, this feels better than I expected. Maybe because we've all had time to come to terms with it. Maybe because I have this thought in the back of my mind that after the entire country tried to **** us over maybe, just maybe we will come through this even stronger. None of us really know the ins and outs of this deal but if the rumoured £1.75b that has been promised to be put into the club from top to bottom, with where we are at the moment, manager and squad, I'm not one that thinks we need a "rebuild", far from it one or two players is all we need, happens then we may end up being better for it. In the short term at least.
  2. Sorry mate but I can't buy the narrative that Klopp is some kind of genius yet Tuchel, who has been far, FAR, more successful in his first 18 months than Klopp was doesn't know what he's doing. I suggest for those that don't know what formation we should be playing, what system, style, tactics we should be using or whether Jorginho should play re watch out champions League run last year when we were quite evidently the best team in the biggest competition in club football. Or go back and watch our first 10 games of this season when we were the best team in the league and pretty much everyone thought we had a very good chance of winning it.
  3. I think it's fair to say we will be a serious threat once we do the same. I mean we've won 3 trophies in 18 months one of them being the biggest club trophy in the world and got to three domestic finals, lost two of them on penalties. Klopp finished 8th, then 4th, 4th. His first season he took over a team that was 10th and took them to 8th, after 30 games. I'm sure Tuchel knows exactly what type of players he needs to fit the system.
  4. Well let's hope the manager is given 3 or 4 years but unfortunately I very much doubt our fan base will allow that. Which is a shame, especially when you consider Klopp finished 4th in his first two seasons and Guardiola 3rd in his first before spending a small fortune on full backs and a goal keeper. Neither won the champions League or Super cup or World club cup or got to three finals in their first 18 months. Both were given complete and utter control of transfers and an almost unlimited amount of money to spend. It's amazing what a good manager can do with time and resources. As for transfers, do not care one bit who we sign as long as the manager wants them. That should be the only prerequisite to any transfer made this summer.
  5. Which makes it almost impossible to compete with City and Liverpool then, might as well just give up
  6. Chelsea 2 Watford 1

Absolutely. Huge season for Tuchel. There is only so long he will be able to live of the champions League win. We have to close the gap on City and Liverpool. It may well be impossible to win in the next couple of years but we need to show signs of progression. Personally I have absolutely no doubt he is the right man and we will improve, this season has been unprecedented in terms of what the club has been through and we needed up doing ok. More than ok in my opinion and are at a stage where one or two players should really push us on to be title contenders. It's just wether or not we can get those players in. Kounde is a great start, looks very much like that is happening. As for who else we should sign, I really don't care as long as they are players that the manager wants. We can all say we should sign this player or that player, we've all done it, but the single most important thing is the new owners back the manager and get him whoever he wants. It's the only way we will get anywhere near the top two teams. If not Tuchel will be gone sooner rather than later and the merry go round will just start again.
  7. Chelsea 2 Watford 1

Ah, the old Sarri Vs Lampard argument. Thought those days were long gone. Might start going on about Conte again soon, horrible little man that he is, he's done well for them, although fully expect him to walk out by the start of the season when he doesn't get his own way. It's what he does.
  8. Transfer Talk Topic

I agree but £500k a week could change his mind.
  9. Transfer Talk Topic

Not sure what anyone sees in Broja, he looks bang average, at best to me.
  10. Chelsea 1 Leicester City 1

Finished 3rd. Only city and Liverpool lost less games than us. 3rd highest scorer's. 3rd best defensive record. But..... Only 4 teams drew more games than us. That's where our problem is Another But..... We are comfortably the third best team in the country, have one of the best managers in the world and have been through the most hideous of hideous seasons. One which we won two trophies and got to another two finals, which we were the better team in both and lost on penalties, finished third yet we all feel disappointed, which is probably the best indication of where we are as a team. Far more reason to be positive than negative but then that's the real world, on here however..........
  11. Transfer Talk Topic

Personally I think it's best to let the manager decide. If he wants Perisic we should do our best to get him regardless of what anyone on a forum thinks about his age or who we should buy instead.
  12. Chelsea 1 Leicester City 1

Be quite happy to lose this. Make the last game of the season all the better. The last game ever at the bridge under the great man's ownership. The last game of the season where we have been royally shafted by everyone, not just in the world of football and the government too. The last game of the season where if we do lose at Leicester both Tottenham and Arsenal have hope, and the media can spend the build up creaming themselves about the possibility of us missing out. And then we go and absolutely destroy Watford, which we will as they are truly terrible. The last game ever under Abramovich deserves more than just a dead rubber match with nothing riding on it.
  13. Transfer Talk Topic

Been played out of position a lot this year and clearly knows he's not wanted. 234 games, 94 goals, 46 assists and that's without him ever being their main man as they had Aguero. He averages a goal every 136 minutes when he's played for them as a centre forward or a goal/assist every 97 minutes. That's over 185 games. Just turned 25, available for a reasonable price. Not a great deal else out there. Like I said, could do a lot worse.
  14. Transfer Talk Topic

Be a lovely 9 a side team that.
  15. Transfer Talk Topic

Could do a lot worse than Gabriel Jesus.
  16. Chelsea 0 Liverpool 0 (5 - 6 on penalties)

Funny, I though Pulisic was our best player yesterday.
  17. Chelsea 0 Liverpool 0 (5 - 6 on penalties)

Didn't even look at either? Wow, I shouldn't be surprised but I really am.
  18. Chelsea 0 Liverpool 0 (5 - 6 on penalties)

Haven't read any of this, haven't seen any footage, just got back home from the game. So, firstly and hopefully someone will put me right or wrong the 2 penalty calls. Both looked like fouls to me although I thought Ziyech may have been outside the box. Secondly I thought we were absolute brilliant once again against this lot, absolutely bloody brilliant. 4 times this season we have played them and arguably been the better team on each occasion. Any more talk of this rebuild bullshit or we've only one or two players that would get into their side seriously needs to stop, it's embarrassing. So proud of this team what we have achieved this season amongst everything we have been through. So proud.
  19. Chelsea 0 Liverpool 0 (5 - 6 on penalties)

No Havertz is the squad
  20. Chelsea 1 Leicester City 1

Think Arsenal will win both their games. Comfortably. Seems no one gives Burnley a chance, awful team for that Spurs side to play against, and they are fighting for their lives, can see them dropping points in that one.
  21. Transfer Talk Topic

Think too many people are worried about age. The days of over 30's being past it are long gone. This generation of players is a different animal in terms of fitness and nutrition. He's been quality this season, what I've seen of him, be interesting to see what @xCELERYx thinks. To me it's a no brainer.
  22. Transfer Talk Topic

Always really liked Perisic, obviously would have been better to get him 5 years ago but on a free with a reported wage of 90k a week it seems like a very good deal.
  23. Leeds United 0 Chelsea 3

Absolutely 100% want anything but a Tottenham win. Guaranteeing top 4 before Saturday would be massive. Plus it's Tottenham, can never want anything but them to fail no matter who they are playing.
  24. Transfer Talk Topic

I think he's far more than decent and for the money he would cost he'd be an absolute no brainer. As for where he would stand in the pecking order, right at the very top in terms of being an all round midfielder. A lot of our problem, for me, is we have very specific players for very specific roles and as good as they are at their individual jobs they can only play a certain way. We need to be far more versatile as a team and more rounded players are exactly what we should be looking for.