Martin1905

Members_2012
  • Content count

• Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Martin1905

1. Transfer Talk Topic

I think he's far more than decent and for the money he would cost he'd be an absolute no brainer. As for where he would stand in the pecking order, right at the very top in terms of being an all round midfielder. A lot of our problem, for me, is we have very specific players for very specific roles and as good as they are at their individual jobs they can only play a certain way. We need to be far more versatile as a team and more rounded players are exactly what we should be looking for.
  2. Transfer Talk Topic

Best value in the summer window may well come from free agents Pogba, Mbappe, Dybala, Dembele, Ericksen, Nketiah, Tarkowski, Kessie, Belotti, Romangnoli, Handanovic among others all out of contact soon. Some big names in there, some we have no chance of , some could do a job, at least as squad options. The one player we must do absolutely everything to do get this summer though is Youri Tielmans.
  3. Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

Yeah,my thoughts too. Seems odd that he would bid so much more than all the others too. If he was serious, why wait so late?
  4. Transfer Talk Topic

He is, as is his team mate Tielemans who I believe will be sold for a very reasonable price this summer and we should be all over both of them, and Kounde. You'd probably get Fofana, Kounde and Tielemans for the price of Rice and Tielemans is a far better all round player.
  5. Transfer Talk Topic

The filthy rich new owners?
  6. Transfer Talk Topic

Absolutely disastrous, 2 premier league's, FA cup, League cup, Europa League, Champions League, super cup and world club cup since she's been in her job.
  7. Transfer Talk Topic

With new owners and a boat load of money.
  8. Transfer Talk Topic

He was slated long before Lampard was boss.
  9. Transfer Talk Topic

Rudiger was always leaving, surprised some are so surprised. No player of his quality, age and length of service runs their contract down and then signs at the last minute. He is one of the best in the world, has been an unbelievable servant for us and deserves to go and play for one of the very elite. The irony being if we had extended his contract when we should have 90% of fans would have been up in arms as he was routinely slated by most.
  10. Chelsea 2 Arsenal 4

Pretty pleased with that, anything to dent Tottenham's chances of getting 4th is a job well done.
  11. Real Madrid 2 Chelsea 3 (5 - 4 on aggregate)

Just waking up with a very fuzzy head before I make the journey home. Haven't read any of the comments as I can only imagine what some of them say and really can't be ****ed with it this morning. Last night was one of our greatest ever performances in Europe, I have been everywhere since I was old enough, which coincided with Roman buying us so I know I have been very lucky, and it is up there with anything we have ever done as a club that I have seen. We were absolutely phenomenal, to a man, for 75 minutes against the biggest team in the world in one of the most hostile atmospheres I have ever been encountered. It's a strange place the Bernabeu there is such an awe around everything, the whole city is just football mad. It's more than just a football club and to go there, even when they are not at their best, wil come to that in a minute, and do what we did for 75 minutes is simply extraordinary. I do not know their history but I bet you can count on you one hand how many times they have found themselves 3-0 down at home in a European cup quarter final or lost 3-1 at home in 90 minutes. As for the game, a lot of people were moaning after the game about the lack of subs at 3-0. Well it's absolutely idiotic to make a change at that stage. We were playing as well as any team has ever played there, as well as we have ever played and you do not make changes to that until it is absolutely necessary. We lost this tie in the first leg and as good as Mendy has been for us we lost this tie because of him and not just because of that calamitous **** up at the bridge. Madrid, I've heard so many people say that they are past their best and they are but we were beaten by a team with a world class goalkeeper, a world class centre half, the best midfielder of his generation, who was absolute class in both games, the new Brazilian wonder kid and that boy is going to be a superstar, I can't remember a time one player scared me so much, and without question THE best player in the world right now. Karim Benzema put in two performances as good as anything I have seen in the flesh. Messi and Ronaldo levels. Disappointing? Absolutely but one of my favourite ever European ties and one we should all be totally and utterly proud of.
  12. Real Madrid 2 Chelsea 3 (5 - 4 on aggregate)

Let's ****ing have it then!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. Real Madrid 2 Chelsea 3 (5 - 4 on aggregate)

Guaranteed headline in tomorrow's red tops.
  14. Real Madrid 2 Chelsea 3 (5 - 4 on aggregate)

Mendy Azpilicueta Silva Rudiger James Kovacic Kante Alonso Mount Havertz Werner. 2-0 after 90 minutes, nick it late on in extra time. Werner hat trick.
  15. Chelsea 1 Real Madrid 3

Well, that was ****. Probably the most disjointed performance I can recall under Tuchel. We looked like a bunch of headless chickens, not knowing what to do. Was a very strange game. The plus side is Madrid were crap and are definitely beatable it's just if we turn up or not. If we do and play to our best I can see us going through.
  16. Chelsea 1 Real Madrid 3

Ah, well congratulations mate and hope you enjoy it but maybe plan better next time!! Only asked as I may have a spare ticket for tonight.
  17. Chelsea 1 Real Madrid 3

Not got a ticket or unable to go anyway?
  18. Chelsea 1 Real Madrid 3

Absolutely, this Atletico side is a different animal to the won we dominated last season, I really would not want to be going there with such a slender lead. Simeone would have bitten your hand off for a one nil loss last night. Can't see City getting though in all honesty. Too many times they, and Pep, have bottled it in Europe.
  19. Roman Abramovich and Chelsea FC : Sanctions

It's not just about number of seats anymore though. I don't know how many on here go to away games but I'm sure those that do will agree with me. I go to the Emirates and get there 5 minutes before kick off. I hate the place, it's sterile and just a horrible place to get the 'match day experience' Tottenham's new stadium, and I hate that club with a passion, is hands down the best stadium I have ever been to. You could literally spend all day in there and then there is what else they do with it, like the boxing for example. The fraud Vs Usyk fight was quite simply one of , if not THE greatest sporting event I have ever been to, partly because I can't stand the fraud and to see him get so comprehensively outboxed was something I will never forget but partly, and a bigger part was the stadium. It was far, far more than a just a boxing match. That stadium makes events even more special because it really is an incredible place to be. They somehow made a football stadium the best boxing arena in the world. Imagine a proper concert there, seeing someone like Muse there would truly be amazing. I would guess that Tottenham's revenue, generated by the stadium in a calender year is the most in the country, a pure guess but they have shown the way forward in stadium development. It doesn't need to be the biggest to create the most revenue. Of course I could be wrong but I would be surprised.
  20. Chelsea 1 Real Madrid 3

To be honest dont know why but I thought Pulisic was injured. He definitely starts then, on the left with Mount linking up beautifully on the right with James. There's a good argument for starting Kovacic but no way Kante doesn't start and Jorginho will make them chase shadows all night so he has to start, for me anyway
  21. Chelsea 1 Real Madrid 3

Mendy Azpilicueta Silva Rudiger James Jorginho Kante Alonso Ziyech Havertz Mount 3-0 Can't wait for this at the end of the game............
  22. Chelsea 1 Brentford 4

It really is. We had lost one game in the previous 27, against City, and beat Tottenham twice, drew with (robbed) against Liverpool twice, won the world cup, got to the league cup final, FA cup semi final and quarter finals of the champions league We were unbeaten this year before Saturday and have pretty much guaranteed champions League football for next season. All this whilst being the only team that was affected by COVID that did not have a break, had loads of injuries, I maintain that if we had James and Chilwell fit for the whole season we would still be challenging for the league, and then everything that has happened with being forced to sell the club. There was a time when everyone at this club used to get together and say **** you to anything and everything that stood in our way. Now we have one bad performance and it's all doom and gloom. Finishing third would be one hell of an achievement on its own. Finishing third, winning the super cup and world cup, getting to another final, one semi final and a quarter final would be miraculous. Winning something on top would be up there with anything we have ever done. **** em all.
  23. Chelsea 1 Brentford 4

Well, if you want to judge it one one game then yes it's more than achievable. I'm not one to get carried away from one performance, good or bad. I'm not sure a team that is 8 points behind with 8 games left is really fighting for anything. I don't think many had us fighting for the league title before Saturday. If we had win and and won our game in hand we would have been 8 points behind City.
  24. Chelsea 1 Brentford 4

Wouldn't worry about that too much, I recall everyone moaning about our league form at the end of last season,.didn't effect us in the champions League at all. For whatever reason we are the best cup side in the world. FA cup final, Champions league winners, Super cup winners, world cup winners, league cup final, FA cup semi final. It's unheard of. I have said numerous times I think we beat Madrid comfortably. Again. They are exactly the same team as we complete dominated for 180 minutes last season, nothing to worry about. At all.
  25. Chelsea 1 Brentford 4

8 points above them if we win our game in hand and I would argue there is very little in it in terms of our run ins. Let's be honest, spurs are rubbish and have been rubbish all season apart from the odd game. They've won a couple of games in a row and everyone thinks they are world beaters again.