• Rank
    CFCnet Member

Previous Fields

• Team
    Chelsea

Recent Profile Visitors

1,893 profile views
  1. West Ham 3 Chelsea 2

Incredibly weird to have a go at Lukaku in this game. It’s like seeing a fetish you can’t grasp. Really bad substitutions from TT. To beat this team you have stretch them because they both attack and defend like a compact pack of wolves. If you stretch them however and force them to play with bigger distances between midfield and defence and attack, they struggle. Which is why it was so baffling to me that TT took of Ziyech who WH always had to respect because of his long, precise vertical and horizontal passing game, and put on Pulisic and CHO, players who offer so little vertical and horizontal threat. Not only that but they are also ineffective against compact sides that are physical. It’s like gifting Moyes the three points. The obvious sub was to put on Werner who at least would have kept their team stretched and honest. TT for me has to do better here. I can forgive Mendy. He could not clear it on the first touch because the risk of him wiping down their player was significant. That’s a clear red card. On his second touch he should have cleared it but he is a keeper and unfortunately it is easy for keepers to misjudge how quickly those situations escalate. We have seen it time and time again. They play at a different pace 99.9% of their career.
  2. Watford 1 Chelsea 2

Watford were ready to rough us up. This was the classic "can they do it on a cold wednesday night at Stoke" type of game. I was hoping for more agression but it seems that both TT and the team were expecting a very different game. They really kicked us up and down the pitch. I thought Ziyech looked really good in his short time. Looks more willing to take on a challenge and really looks to have "braved" up for the intensity of this league. I was worried at time but he looks determined and more gritty. Love to see it as there is no doubt about the skillset. He is a danger from all angles and all positions on the pitch. Fantastic. Pulisic on the other hand. I am getting more and more worried. The high intensity on the ball contribution has been great since day one, but at this stage you expect more. You expect him to be more settled, more aware of his surroundings and so on. But I feel like I a;m looking at the same Pulisic I saw when he first came. I really want him to succeed but he has stagnated. Maybe because of injuries or maybe because his game is too limited to evolve further.
  3. Chelsea 1 Manchester United 1

I think TT put him there to be a driving force that can carry and drive the ball with tight control and inside runs to threaten Fred and McT more. An extremely difficult job but against a midfield that is so defensive and so lacklustre in attack it was a really good (but daring) idea. Little risk defensively against that United pairing. Worth trying. I think TT knows exactly what RLC is and is not. If he should get criticism it must be because he has too much belief in his own coaching abilities. I mean, not many coaches would think they can put a 2D player (no criticism to Ruben) and play him in a 4D position. Oscar is the player TT wished he had because he had the natural ability to make it in that position, but he is trying to make use of the tools available. He has earned the right to have this confidence mind you.
  4. Chelsea 1 Manchester United 1

We played very well. A couple of observations: You have to question Werner’s inclusion here. Low block United side looking to play attack. It was simply not a good fit with him out there. Alonso looked rusty (understandable) Jorginho should never be the last man. No matter how good and safe he is with the ball. JFH was very harsh but perhaps he needs those words. CHO has become much better at positioning himself correctly. What is surprising is that his positioning is better than his on the ball contribution. United are a mess. It’s hard to make sense of that squad composition. Makes you appreciate the coherent requirement policy we have had. Not perfect but not this..
  5. Chelsea 1 Burnley 1

You expect a couple of these results in a season but this felt like a total waste of points.
  6. Newcastle United 0 Chelsea 3

I still don’t know if we are patiently lucky or patiently good.
  7. Newcastle United 0 Chelsea 3

Our WBs must play with more intensity. Don’t feel we have tired their defender's out enough. Also, please shoot.
  8. Chelsea 7 Norwich City 0

I agree with this. Like watching Daniel Alves in his pomp. He can be a tremendous weapon for us if he keeps it up. But Chilly won’t win us the league. It seems to me that we are living on a knife edge when you look at the ratio and quality of chances created and conceded atm. People talk about Lukaku not delivering but we can win the league if Lukaku plays like he has played so far. A quality player. But I can’t see us winning the league unless all our other attacking players step up.
  9. Brentford 0 Chelsea 1

Surely the runs were not a problem. There were plenty of runs but the final ball was so poor that it did not matter. Just awful passing quality in the final third. But the biggest lost opportunity we had was actually the pass that never came when a completely free Werner made a nice run down the middle, after a Lukaku dummy run but Chillwell never spotted it. That should have been game over. Just one example of several. We really really needed Jorginho for this game.
  10. Brentford 0 Chelsea 1

Jorginho almost certainly only on the bench to keep Brentford coaches guessing. He must be injured or knackered. If I ever saw a match that cried for Jorginho than this was it. People can talk about Brentford pressure all day but fact is that there were so many opportunities to destroy them in this game. Jorginho we win 3-0, Fabregas and we win 7-0.
  11. Chelsea 3 Southampton 1

Better than looking at the starting lineup, one should look at what the opposition is doing. Southampton had so little attacking intent that Chaloblah was for all intended purposes a midfielder. He was way too high up the pitch for the majority of the minutes to be classified as being a defender in this game imo. Regardless of the formation and shape we were in.
  12. Chelsea 3 Southampton 1

Starting a midfield of RLC, Chalobah and Kovacic right before the international break in a game that could leave you with three losses in a row and lots of pressure building till the next game... That is gutsy from TT! I think he wanted to send a message because this was not a time to rest players unless he wanted them fresh for their international break. To survive long term at a club like Chelsea you need to show strength through action. I do not think he is happy with how some players have executed the game plan the last few games.
  13. Chelsea 3 Southampton 1

Seriously eroding the credibility of the game. Obvious and clear? Phase of the attack? This is incredible.
  14. Chelsea 3 Southampton 1

Incredible from Rudiger.
  15. Chelsea 3 Southampton 1

Looking at Werner I am reminded how unique and incredible Henry was.