• Last visited

• Days Won

About FrankLampard8

Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Team
    Chelsea
  1. Transfer Talk Topic

That's not true. In the games he didn't score he did quite a lot of pointing fingers, storming off the pitch and making out everyone else was rubbish.
  2. New Kits

Interesting if this is Reece's new squad number, especially when 2 is avilable after Rudi's exit. Personal preference or being saved for a big signing maybe? I just checked and I don't think it is Lauren James' number either.
  3. Transfer Talk Topic

Who is everyone comparing him to that they expecting him to be wracking up goals and assists? He is a deep lying midfielder ultimately playing as a 6. Goals and assits aren't what he is in the team to provide. It feels like everyone expects all of our midfielders to play like numbers 10s regardless of what role they have been asked to carry out.
  4. Transfer Talk Topic

I completely disagree. For one, dribbling in his position is often about being press resistant and opening up space - in valuable when you are playing against a team like Liverpool who want to win the ball back off you high up the pitch. Secondly, players don't often dribble in the middle of the pitch because it is congested and it's a dangerous place to lose it, however if you can beat a man or two in the centre of the pitch it completely opens the game up and can be way more devastating especially on the counter.
  5. Transfer Talk Topic

Please explain how I am clutching at straws? You are using Sarriball wrong. I am not defending Sarri - he was an outright failure here and frankly I didn't really like the bloke. However, the phrase Sarriball or Sarrismo was coined to describe how his very exciting Napoli team played. I've literally pasted the definition for you. It was a system and style of play, not a phrase to describe boring slow football. Ignorance is bliss I suppose.
  6. Transfer Talk Topic

Kova is one of the best dribblers in the world in that central area - it's arguably his best characteristic. He is in the top 3% for dribbles completed and the top 2% for progressive carries compared to midfielders in the top 5 leagues. The boy is class and so underappreciated.
  7. Transfer Talk Topic

I would suggest Googling Sarriball then. Sarri wasn't a success here but the first result is "Sarriball is a fast-paced, possession based attacking football. Similar to Pep Guardiola's tiki-taka, it is based on short and quick forward passes. High-pressing is involved that forces defenders in committing errors."
  8. Transfer Talk Topic

With so much work to do, you could argue it's more important than ever to manage our budget to make sure we can complete the squad, no? So if that means negotiations take a bit longer so be it. It's not like we are one key signing away form glory and we can just go all out on that target. An extra week or two might knock millions off a transfer fee and make another target more attainable.
  9. Transfer Talk Topic

I swear you write this same comment everyday and it's a completely vapid comment at this point. I'm yet to see you make any actual comment on who you think fits your idea of a "midfield maestro". I also think you have no idea of what Sarriball actually is or was. We might still play slow, possession based football but the system is completely different now.
  10. Transfer Talk Topic

Is it? I think it's just business. Of course there will be some deals that will go down to the wire - the other team is still looking for or negotiating a replacement or one party thinks they will get a better deal once a bit of urgency is forced through the deadline looming.
  11. Transfer Talk Topic

According to reports I've seen that's exactly what we've done. De Ligt is also reportedly impressed with Tuchel's coaching of defenders - Rudiger went from surplus to requirements to one of the best in the league. So I expect it will all come down to whether Juve can get 2 centre halves they are happy with for that money we've offer or if they value him so highly that no reasonable amount will get him.
  12. Transfer Talk Topic

Hmmm I can't remember it but you could be right? He has the stature to be a real problem for oposition midfields but I'm not sure he would work hard enough long term or be positionally good enough. I see Mount as a more natural fit.
  13. Transfer Talk Topic

I think people underestimate how much of an achievement it is to even have Mount, James and Chalobah in the squad in this day and age. If Gallagher stays this season and contributes as well then that is really outstanding by most club's standards.
  14. Transfer Talk Topic

He has played as a free 8 in a 4-3-3 at Leverkusen but if you honestly think anyone other than Pep would play a formation that attacking in the PL you're mad.
  15. Transfer Talk Topic

To be fair, Everton don't exactly have a stellar record in the transfer market. Until very recently West Ham were equally bad if not worse. My eye test says he offers literally nothing to Chelsea this season short of a couple of dead rubber appearances in the PL and some early cup games. The stats back this up - he is in the 36th percentile for non-penalty goals, the 47th percentile for non-penalty XG, the 10th percentile for expected assists and the 16th percentile for shot creating actions. There is literally nothing outstanding about him. He is ok at carrying the ball but otherwise the only areas he looks remotely above average are pressures, blocks and interceptions, and I'd like to think we can get workrate like that out of someone more talented.