• Rank
    CFCnet Member

Previous Fields

• Team
    Chelsea FC

Recent Profile Visitors

676 profile views
  1. Transfer Talk Topic

The same can be said for your posts. This is a comedy account, a parody isn't it? The Admins have set this "Blue Rod" user up as some inhouse joke only the admins and mods get and they're waiting from someone to twig? Do I win a prize, @JaneB and co?
  2. Transfer Talk Topic

Is a rebuild and transition a single season/window phenomenon? Hate to break it to you, it is not. No one to my knowledge has asked to write this season off either. I can point you to and quote TT where he says quite the opposite when asked about aspirations for the season. However, there are realistic ambitions and champions is not one. So should we not be champions (when) then is this season a failure? Crikey, perspective is rare commodity in here. Yes, every manager releases and signs players but the top teams starting positions are different. It isn't rocket science, Rod. You ask "where does it end" - mate, it's only just begun. This side needs evolution and incremental improvement. It cannot be half-arsed and thankfully it appears the sounds from within the club are that they are not as shortsighted and as no-knowledge as some of the fanbase.
  3. Transfer Talk Topic

This is criminal. I hope that some/all of these players begin to take up some sort of legal action.
  4. Transfer Talk Topic

It was 80 a few pages back. Another two wins needed now. Next Monday will this be 91?
  5. Transfer Talk Topic

We're not talking about RDM, we're talking about Klopp and TT. Do keep up, dear boy
  6. Transfer Talk Topic

Why a 'poor mans Klopp' after this season? Surely if we are comparing Klopp then we need apples and apples? I mean, we could say that TT won his CL with Chelsea after 4 months whereas it took Klopp 4 years with Liverpool. Isn't it possible already to say that Klopp is a poor mans Tuchel? And what about the Champions League-less Guardiola, where's that leave him? Genuine question, would you swap Tuchel for Klopp or Guardiola?
  7. Transfer Talk Topic

You said this about a lack of rumours from journos supporting the notion there was no cheating from Liverpool about their aesthma "discoveries". and then you said this - which has a similar lack of journo support/evidence: Both similarly unproven and unsubstantiated but one you dismissed out of hand and the other you nailed your colours to - why?
  8. Transfer Talk Topic

I'm not even sure what this means? Certainly has no bearing on the post you quoted from me.
  9. Transfer Talk Topic

In the time Liverpool have been "contenders" they still only have one more title than us. Wickedy wick. And for the bolded bit, this is last 5 seasons spending. Net spend total far right: 22/23 21/22 20/21 19/20 18/19 Net Spend There might be some fancy accounting at City but let's not suggest that the Scousers are immune.
  10. Transfer Talk Topic

11. Transfer Talk Topic

They've had the best front 3 for the last 4 or 5 seasons and won the title once. Take Salah out of that side and they're completely different. Let's see how they get on without Mane who is arguably the better player. FFS, I don't get it at all
  12. Transfer Talk Topic

Why'd it take so long for their first title then? And if the answer is getting "certain positions significantly upgraded" then who is to say that once we get someone who can turn in 20 goals a season and a decent DM who can turn and break lines that we won't then be title contenders once again? This is a post with 20/20 hindsight vision - you can say all of those things now about Klopp because he had time. A single title in 7 years of Klopp and that being their only Prem ain't actually all that. There is absolutely no evidence at all that TT cannot get us to the top of the tree based on one season with all the baggage that 2021/22 came with. Absolutely none.
  13. Transfer Talk Topic

I'm not sure how to multi-quote like you have. In reply to the first bold bit: This was the same at Liverpool when Klopp took over and they continued to be while the project kicked in. In fact, they were very similar to us and TT where Klopp won the Europa in his first year, TT obviously winning the CL in his. But from when Klopp turned up in 2015/16 to 2019/20 when they won their title is a long time, a lot of money, plenty of mistakes, lots players in, many more out but he was backed in the one area which our managers are never - time. And the second bold bit: You don't know that and to me - no more right or wrong - I don't see that. Blazing example of where TT does have the hearts and minds of his players is listening to Raheem Sterling who said that TT and his vision for him as a player was behind the move. Sterling a huge coup for us, this surely is evidence to counter your opinion here? We are a long way off the top two but that isn't TT's fault at all. A swap out in 12 months time isn't going to change that, we need to pit TT against Klopp and Pep over a longer period of time to see what he is all about. You could argue that tactially he has both of their numbers as his record against Liverpool and City is outstanding (the odd blip aside - to be expected perhaps). Paul had it right, we were two pen kicks away from having had a better season that Liverpool last year. A proper period of sustained, TT lead recruitment and player/tactical development is the only way to know if you or I am going to be right about our coach. If he is off at the end of this season, neither of us can claim to have been made any the wiser if he was a success or not.
  14. Transfer Talk Topic

Sincerely, it’s a nice post, Paul.
  15. Transfer Talk Topic

Surely agreed. Hold up, are we getting along RDCW? ;)