• Website URL
    http://

Previous Fields

• Team
    Chelsea

Recent Profile Visitors

3,878 profile views
  1. Timo Werner returns to RB Leipzig

After seeing him play for Leipzig against Tottenham, I had high hopes for him, and he started well for us. Before long, though, his technical limitations became glaring, and my son reminded him that we had both laughed at how bad he was for Germany in the WC in 2018. He was very unlucky on occasions, and usually showed great commitment to the cause. I hope this move will open the door a little wider for Broja to prove himself, but no doubt we will splash the cash on someone. Preferably not Zaha.
  2. Yes, it's nonsense. Nothing wrong with the choice of tune, just the lyrics.
  3. Transfer Talk Topic

The club that employs you has discovered that it is a criminal enterprise, so it refuses to pay you what it owes you.
  4. Transfer Talk Topic

https://twitter.com/willreyner/status/1554506479868284929?s=20&t=ud6q1xXwX8sUmqFPc5FAuw https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1554505465517711361?s=20&t=ud6q1xXwX8sUmqFPc5FAuw
  5. Udinese 1 Chelsea 3

You'll have to remind me of this.
  6. Udinese 1 Chelsea 3

Agree. Vardy is/ has been brilliant for Leicester, both as a finisher and an attacking outlet. He would not be able to play like that for us.
  7. Transfer Talk Topic

I know this point has been made over and over, but no club should be permitted to make any signings when they have failed to pay any of their players.
  8. Transfer Talk Topic

They're waiting for Barca.
  9. John Terry

Jeffrey Bruma was the big hope back then.
  10. Transfer Talk Topic

The Guardian now claiming TT never really wanted Koundé anyway... https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/jul/25/chelsea-move-jules-kounde-danger-of-collapse-barcelona-sevilla-thomas-tuchel
  11. Transfer Talk Topic

Pretty sure he got banned a few weeks ago. Not sure what caused it, though.
  12. Transfer Talk Topic

I think you're right. They were after Azpi and Alonso in the days when they were 1bn€ in debt, whereas now they're clearly loaded.
  13. Transfer Talk Topic

Time to dig out Bob Singleton's list of players we've been linked with. Must be some decent CBs on there that Barca have no room for. I hear Tal Ben Haim might be available. This latest hijack (assuming it goes through, as seems inevitable) puts us in a very tricky position regarding Azpi and Alonso. We should boycott any transfer dealings with Barca for the next few decades, but that will leave us with two very aggrieved players.
  14. Chelsea Pre-Season Summer 2022

Agree with this post - my take is the same. I am a bit baffled, though, by TT's approach. It was almost as if he wanted the team to perform poorly, to give him the ammunition for his post-match rant and his attack on players who don't want to be here or who he no longer wants, and on the club's failure to sign quality replacements he's identified. On paper the first-half team was pretty good in terms of personnel, but we were outplayed throughout. It was painful to watch them hit us on the break yet again from attacking positions, with CG left alone to deal with a 3-pronged attack, and it was pathetic how we gifted them two goals (both very well taken, to be fair) with very sloppy passes when we were in no danger. Jorginho, MM and CG did not look like an effective midfield combination. Kova made a difference and is a vital player for us. Sterling was not bad, but all our other attackers were hopeless and posed zero threat. I'm 60 and I think I'd have scared the Arsenal defence as much as CHO did. If TT had any plans to use Bats this year he has surely scrapped them. I was hopeful we might see something from Pulisic back in front of his adoring public, but it was the same old. We look utterly clueless as an attacking force, whichever players TT uses. I always knew Rudi's departure would seriously weaken us as a team, but there were encouraging signs from KK. TC looked far shakier than he ever has in a back three. Sarr was OK but I just don't see him as a good enough player for anything beyond early League Cup games.