http://

Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Team
    Chelsea

Recent Profile Visitors

4,582 profile views
  1. Transfer Talk Topic

Agreed we should have done much better, but I don't think giving the coach full control of transfers is the answer - you can end up saddled with a lot of players ill-suited to a new system when you change coach, and with little resale value. There has to be a compromise between what the coach wants and what is best for the club long-term.
  2. Transfer Talk Topic

Nothing like a bit of xenaphobia to get the masses murmuring! There are Americans and then there are Americans. Hopefully our owners are the latter.
  3. Transfer Talk Topic

I think we'll be giving up on the static centre forward idea and going back to the mobile front three we used to win the CL - and which came back into fashion towards the end of the season. I don't see any reason to spend money on someone that isn't a definite starter up front. If we don't sign anyone Broja might get a go at being part of the squad.
  4. Squad Status: 2021/22 Season

This is very upsetting! But wait for the people to come on and tell you that Livramento, Tomori, Guehi and Abraham wanted to leave - as if there was no way they could have been convinced they had a future at Chelsea if they could have been given a reserve role in a squad playing 60+ matches per season. The "Zidanes and Pavons" model of superstars and academy players is the most sustainable way to move forward, especially when the academy is producing 2-3 squad options per scholar intake (for the moment). We just need a coach and club hierarchy willing to push for this.
  5. I find it strange the idea that young people having short attention spans means the death of football as we know it. Is this really new? Young people do grow up eventually, and will be able to sit through 90 minutes of drama as long as the players are able to perform at their best and aren't expected to play 70+ matches a season.
  6. Transfer Talk Topic

I would bring Colwill, Ampadu and Gallagher into the squad because we have vacancies in their positions and it doesn't make sense to go out and spend more money when we can use them. By similar logic, Sterling and Baxter would be useful squad players if Azpi and/or Kepa leave. If Broja, Maatsen and Gilmour were in the squad they wouldn't see much action as there are plenty of players ahead of them. So another loan would be better. I'd like to see us only spend money on players that improve the first XI.
  7. Transfer Talk Topic

Tomori had 2.5 seasons on loan, Mount had 2, James had 1. If they're good enough, they've already spent enough time out on loan.
  8. Media / Press

At least it means we start the season with 8 consecutive weekend rounds of PL matches, and just two CL matches in September, with the international break not until the end of September. This could mean far less rotation than usual. The League Cup is going to be even more of a reserve competition than usual.
  9. Transfer Talk Topic

Levi Colwill and Ethan Ampadu are Chelsea players - we definitely don't need to sign any reserve CBs. I think we only need one, and he needs to be top class. Chalobah and Colwill as back-ups, with Ampadu covering CB and DM.
  10. Transfer Talk Topic

With the internationals almost over hopefully we will see some clarity over the futures of some senior players - in particular Azpilicueta, Alonso, Kepa and Jorginho. They seem to be in demand so sorting out their futures asap would allow us to seek replacements. I would try to keep Alonso if the only other option is Emerson, a far inferior footballer. As always there are rumours about many of our attacking players but I really doubt we'll get any offers worth considering. Getting rid of fringe first team players Sarr, Kenedy and Barkley to be replaced by academy players back from loan would also help. Good luck getting rid of loan no-hopers Batshuayi, Baba Rahman, Miazga and Bakayoko.
  11. Transfer Talk Topic

The alternative would have been to let their contracts expire and let them leave for free, as with Drinkwater. Very occasionally the club has been able to find someone willing to pay for a loan army veteran, but it seems unlikely for this lot.
  12. Transfer Talk Topic

I'm interested to see if the new regime cuts our losses with the deadwood, or keeps going with the policy of loan + contract extension. All of these players are still under contract until at least 2023: Barkley, Kenedy, Batshuayi, Bakayoko, Miazga, Baba Rahman
  13. The management style under RA was anything but stable. The new owners won't be taking out dividends in the short term, although I don't know how long that will last. Doesn't it make more sense to see a club that spends within its means rather than one that is a billionaire's plaything? I think it's easier to guess at the motivation for owning Chelsea of Boehly and co than it was for RA.
  14. I don't know if we'll ever know the full extent of their association, and yes the links were known about long ago. One of the main questions about the reaction to the invasion of Ukraine is why was there no reaction like this when Putin invaded Georgia, annexed Crimea or shot down a passenger jet? Were it only the UK government that had sanctioned RA I would be suspicious that some rogue Arsenal fan in the Treasury was behind this, or just a government using foreign affairs to cover up its scandals, but as Canada, the EU and Switzerland have sanctioned him too, there must be more in it. A faceless corporation putting up the money and letting someone with experience of sports teams be the face and brains seems good to me. The RA era was a rollercoaster but I'm looking forward to something more sustainable.
  15. The club has been treated appallingly but given that RA is an associate of Putin, however close, I don't think the treatment he personally has received can be considered appalling. Even if other teams' fans have enjoyed it.