JaneB

Administrators
  • Content count

• Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by JaneB

1. Chelsea 3 Southampton 1

Distinct lack of excitement on here when we score? Chalobah doing the striker's job again.
  2. Media / Press

Animal exploitation.
  3. Chelsea 3 Southampton 1

We're doomed Captain Mainwaring, we're doomed.....
  4. Juventus 1 Chelsea 0

They are ALL wearing the Chelsea shirt and getting paid megabucks.
  5. Juventus 1 Chelsea 0

This is what I've been missing. Don't keep disappearing!!
  6. Juventus 1 Chelsea 0

Hopefully the latter. (Good luck Cash)
  7. Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Manchester City at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game. The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent. Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account. The match is scheduled to kick off at 12.30 hours on Saturday, 25th September 2021 (Local time/date) (Live on BT Sport)
  8. Chelsea 0 Manchester City 1

He's still got it Chara although nothing compares with his film star looks when he first came to Chelsea. I agree about the 'aura' though. Well past its sell by date. I like to remember his early days with us AND he brought the great Lord Percy and Paulo over so happy happy times!!
  9. Chelsea 0 Manchester City 1

Possibly although I'm sure he was mega rich already and would rather have had his reputation intact.
  10. Chelsea 0 Manchester City 1

Aww what lovely stories. Thank you.
  11. Chelsea 0 Manchester City 1

Of course agree about Claudio but still regard him with huge affection and not a little guilt. Got seduced by Jose's good looks and persona (who could fail to be?) but Claudio always acted with great dignity whatever was thrown at him and I still get emotional when I think about what he was put through at times, but I am so pleased he won the title at Leicester. They can never take that away from him. Not our best manager but hugely likeable and I hope Chelsea supporters will always feel that way about him. If we're honest, winning is everything and you might need a hard faced manager to achieve that, but hopefully there's still room for the Claudio Ranieris of this world.
  12. Chelsea 3 Southampton 1

Match Officials:- Referee: Martin Atkinson Assistants: Peter Kirkup, Nick Hopton 4th Official: Jarred Gillett VAR: Mike Dean Assistant VAR: Ian Hussin
  13. R.I.P. Tributes

A sad subject I know, but rather than having a separate thread each time someone connected to Chelsea passes away, and which by its very nature is quite short-lived (no pun intended), I thought we could have a general RIP thread. Hope this is acceptable to everyone.
  14. Chelsea 0 Manchester City 1

I hear what everyone is saying and of course it’s ridiculous to overreact after one loss although it was b***** annoying. But I still do worry about the inconsistent form of some players, especially newer signings who promise much but ultimately disappoint. We don’t have time to wait forever for them to find some form or get over injuries. Werner for all his good points was signed to score goals and he doesn’t do that. As for Havertz, Ziyech and Pulisic, they’re not delivering and I’m fed up with waiting. I’m a TT convert, I think he’s proved to be a terrific manager and we’re the champions of Europe but that’s irrelevant when we play in the PL this season.
  15. Chelsea 0 Manchester City 1

I wasn't getting my knickers in a twist. I was just making an observation. Pity a few of our women's team can't transfer to the men's team (or maybe they could if they 'identified' as male) and show everyone how to create and score goals. '
  16. Chelsea 0 Manchester City 1

Well I guess at least Man U lost and Liverpool could only draw in the end. We get our defence sorted but now other problems are apparent. Still, not going to get disheartened after one bad result.
  17. Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Carabao Cup 3rd Round match against Aston Villa at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game. The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent. Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account. The match is scheduled to kick off at 19.45 hours on Wednesday, 22nd September 2021 (Local UK time/date)
  18. Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Tottenham Hotspur at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium before, during and after the game. The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent. Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account. The match is scheduled to kick off at 16:30 hours on Sunday, 19th September 2021 (Local UK time/date) (Live on Sky Sports)
  19. A Driving Force

My first car was a turquoise Mini which I called Florence. Very fond memories for all sorts of reasons. Now drive a Peugeot 107. Very boring I know but as long as it gets me from A to B I don't much care. Can't bear people who show off in their flashy cars and think they own the road (not jealous really!!).
  20. R.I.P. Tributes

I don't see why not. It is the Chelsea Forum but I think we can be a little flexible where other players are concerned. However, if we're talking about people completely outside of the game (unless they were Chelsea supporters of course, such as Sean Lock) then there are the Media/Press and Off Topic (Music, TV etc.) threads.
  21. It is. I posted it in the Media/Press thread but could just have easily put it in this one!! Nice to get some positive coverage.
  22. Media / Press

I look forward to reading a similar article by Martin Keown on how to stop Aubameyang, although judging how his form has dropped off in recent times, I reckon that advice isn't really needed atm.
  23. Media / Press

Thomas Tuchel 'paid for his housekeeper's son to have heart surgery and bought her a villa' | Daily Mail Online Well, well, a positive Chelsea story for a change.
  24. Media / Press

Mark Clattenburg: The day Chelsea accused me of racially abusing Jon Obi Mikel almost RUINED my life | Daily Mail Online Oh dear