JaneB

Administrators
  • Content count

• Last visited

• Days Won

Posts posted by JaneB

1. 2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

I've just watched the clip from the interview, and he neither defends it or says they wouldn't have booed without a "good reason for it", as you later claim. He says he didn't enjoy it, he doesn't really understand the reasons for it, and to understand the reason Liverpool supporters booed you would have to ask them. It's really diplomatic, uncontroversial stuff from someone clearly toeing the line between not throwing his supporters under the bus and not being the foreigner (a German, no less!) giving the big thumbs up to bashing the monarchy. 

I absolutely hate Liverpool FC and have no particular love for Klopp, but I do think we have a tendency here to obsess and project a bit more about them than is strictly healthy. It's what they want and think is the way the world should be, focused on them, and I choose to not play into that.

I can't say I cared too much about them booing. I'm no fan of the monarchy or any reverence for them and personally chose to sit and not sing along rather than boo when the anthem comes on, but who am I to tell people what they should or shouldn't believe in any more than they are to tell me and what damage does booing really do to anyone?

Hope this doesn't sound patronising but I always enjoy your posts and think you're a real asset on here.  I don't always agree with you but you are eloquent and articulate and state your views without resorting to personal abuse and seem ready to listen to other opinions.

I don't agree with taking the knee any more but I wouldn't boo the gesture.  It's interesting though that those cheering Liverpool fans for booing the National Anthem etc. will be ready to call anyone who boos taking the knee as racists.

I'll be laughed off here for saying this, but isn't it about manners?  Boo politicians all you like, they deserve it, but the National Anthem and thereby The Queen, and Prince William?  Really?  If you don't like them then just keep quiet.

The same fans who were lauded for singing their anthem to Ronaldo a few weeks ago will be back abusing him next season if he returns to Anfield.

Everything is so polarised these days and I hate it.  

• Thanks 1

2. 15 hours ago, didierforever said:

Apparently his finishing is his redeeming quality and yet we are short 2 trophies because of it. 🙏🙏🙏

Bless this club and everyone associated with it if this piece of crap and oxygen waster is still here next season and moreso as a "starter"

What an awful way to speak about one of our players.  You really take things to a new low.

3. Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Watford at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 16:00 hours on Sunday, 22nd May 2022 (Local UK time/date)

4. Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Leicester City at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:00 hours on Thursday, 19th May 2022 (Local UK time/date)

5. 3 hours ago, RDC Williams said:

Where did you see it, Jane?

Everton FC News on twitter (22 hours ago).  Source: BBC!!!!

Made me lose my faith in humanity thinking Frank would have said anything like that.  I can see now it was obviously made up otherwise, as has been said, the media would have been all over it and loving every minute.

6. 2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

There is absolutely no way on earth SFL would have said that about us , none whatsoever.

1 hour ago, FrankLampard8 said:

Yeah if there was even a shred of truth in it every paper would gleefully putting it front and centre this morning and I can't see anything.

You're both right of course.  Shame on me for thinking that Frank would say such a thing.  I'm so gullible sometimes :-(

7. Lampard:  "Easily the best fans I've played or managed in front off.  At Chelsea and City it almost felt like I was just trying to make someone enjoy their day out.  Everton fans live and breathe their club, it's important to their life not their Instagram"

I cannot believe Frank would have said this :-(((((