Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerry Kendik

Club Shed Matchday Meeting Places

One of the great successes of the Shed 50 trial was that fellow fans got to know each other and had a great day out. Club Shed hopes to replicate this but on a grander scale.

Initially, we're looking at 2 or more pubs for fans to meet other members before and possibly after a game. Where we all end up will be down to the amount of participants the Club gets, but initial thoughts are:-

So Bar, for those who want to practice before the match and

Butcher's Hook, for those preferring to limber up more quietly.

We could add a third if numbers swell, and will be looking for people to step up and confirm they will be around to act as contact points. A possibility could be the refurbished Shed Bar, if ready on time. Just need them to be pretty near the ground and close to each other should people want to flit between each one. Don't desert your favourite watering hole unless you're at a loose end or want to get to know fellow members better.

These venues are all subject to change and we can go with the flow, as long as everybody knows the designated meeting points. Discuss away

I'm always in the So before a match, I always find it the best for atmosphere. That said, I would be willing to meet up with other Shed lads at other pubs from time to time. Would also be nice if we could have a regular place for us to meet up in the So (for those who want to).

batz   

I think the So Bar/ Butchers Hook make a good combination. The so bar for before the game for some drinking, singing and celery throwing and then on to the Butchers Hook after the game for a bit of a chat.

I'm normally in the So bar before the game anyway and I'm open to options for afterwards. The refurbished shed bar is probably worth a shot as well.

It would also maybe be nice to go other pubs once in a while. I love it in the sobar and I'm there most home games. Sometimes though it get full of tourists and people who just wander in coz its next to the ground. Maybe it would be nice to congregate at another pub every now and again, to maybe create another singing pub and to give us a chance to booze somewhere else with the right company.

homerdaz   
I think the So Bar/ Butchers Hook make a good combination. The so bar for before the game for some drinking, singing and celery throwing and then on to the Butchers Hook after the game for a bit of a chat.

I'm normally in the So bar before the game anyway and I'm open to options for afterwards. The refurbished shed bar is probably worth a shot as well.

My sentiments totaly agree and it worked well for the Bolton game, as this really kicks off the So is going to be even more packed than usual. The Fox & Pheasant is a suggestion as you can stand outside weather permitting.

jezza   
My sentiments totaly agree and it worked well for the Bolton game, as this really kicks off the So is going to be even more packed than usual. The Fox & Pheasant is a suggestion as you can stand outside weather permitting.

Not since the neighbours started complaining you can't

cheers ...jezza...

Jakalele   

cheers ...jezza...

You're Joking. Since when?

One of the best things about CFC's location is the choice of boozers. I normally go on a mini pub crawl, but rarely go to the So because of the crowds (queueing to get into a bar is wasting drinking time) but I persevered before the Bolton game and the singing was top rate. Of course 50 singers in any pub will make quite a racket. Having said that it all the pubs get pretty crowded. I think I'll have to do some research for suitable sites.

homerdaz   

cheers ...jezza...

Ok scrap that one then, I haven't been in there for a while but used to have a laugh outside in the summer.