Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

homerdaz

Reports From The Wigan Game

homerdaz   

Please post your feedback from the Wigan Away game here...

With all the hype, excitement and enthusiasm on the boil and all the hard work put into promoting this interesting away fixture, although technically not being a Shed42/100/30 game, why not include this within the Club Shed heading following on from the previous "Reports From". This really is going to be a game to remember and hopefuly set a trend of away games to follow so lets make sure that the home support dont get a word in tomorrow..

After my disastrous attempts at going today I had to listen to the match on either Radio Lancashire or something as bad.

Could only hear our fans from start to finish over the very biased commentary("Well after seeing Drogba today, if he's world class-what does that make Hesky")but was very pleased that we beat the pie eating b******s.

Sounded like a really good showing from the fans from what I heard today-well done chaps.

cfcjon   

Ace today, the football drifted off in the second half but the atmosphere generated by our supporters was immense. If only every away ground charged £20!!!

kearts   
Ace today, the football drifted off in the second half but the atmosphere generated by our supporters was immense. If only every away ground charged £20!!!

Totally agree the atmosphere was excellent seeing as there was nothing to banter with, their support was pony. Loads of different songs in the ground not as many as in the red robin beforehand thogh!

Drank a few beers in the Queens Head before hand, where a Wigan fan said to me at the bar, and I quote, "F**k me! It's like a London Bar today" I asked him if he felt outnumbered. He said that they don't see this amount of away fans ever, and who can blame us for turning up en mass, £20 ticket, £10 train and half priced beer - marvelous. On the way out there were 6 Wigan lot looking rather forlorn as we had completely took over their pub

Great atmosphere at the ground. Met Khobar and Kembo - good to put a face to a name, or two. match was over after 20 mins. Funniest thing I saw was the Wigan Fan banging his drum. When we drowned him out he hit the thing the soooooo f**kin hard, thought he would bust it.

"Down wiv the Tottenham, you're goin down wiv the Tottenham!!!!!!"

see ya at Pride Park

ryder   

Just got back from the game and have to say I was absolutely chuffed with it all...the atmosphere was great both in and outside the stadium...a great sing song whilst waiting to board the train at Wigan too! Not sure how many tickets we ended up selling but from what I could see the stand looked pretty much full?

quality day out, aint heard an atmosphere like that in a long time.

train was good, lets hope chels lay some on for future games, got there in time for a couple of quick pints in the red robin before, quality in there!

wigan must not havne known what him them in the stadium, there fans are awful!

then another great singsong walking back to the station and waiting for the train.

cheers everyone who helped promote this, millbank jerry etc. had a wicked day

DP89   

Atmosphere was immense, although the Wigan fans were awful! Worst I've probably ever seen. Some Wigan fan on the way home said to his mate "We were f**king brilliant today." Dont quite know what game he was at, but oh well...

From TOCFCWS:

"The massed ranks of 4,000 away fans who were enjoying a big day out were loving this. Having begun the game with an impressive 'Ten Men Went To Mow' call to arms, they later taunted poor old Wigan captain and former Blue, Mario Melchiot, for a wayward cross with 'We've got no Marios' and were in fine voice throughout."

Any one got any vids/pics to share?