Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fentini

The Most Overated Player On The Planet Ever

CellSea   
Another vote for Ibrahimovic from me, and Veron. I really don't want to say Gerrard, but I can't help myself, and I really struggle to see what the fuss is about sometimes.

Whenever I think of Steve Gerrard I think of sliding two-footed tackles. Don't know why, but that's all I ever see.

Steven Gerrard, I think Toby Brown touched on it perfectly.

Yeah, also I still remember that stupid tackle/kick he did on Greame Le Saux on the last game of the season in 2003, the one when he got sent off.

Agreed both. And Capello thinks he should be the next England's captain. LOL!

Liverlad   
Okay. This is plain wrong, however I do feel Ronaldo is overrated. My theory is that he never does anything in the big games. It may be wrong, but I'd like to see some statistics. Remarkable achievement to get 30 goals from the wing, but how many of those have been in important matches? I've certainly never seen him do much against Chelsea.

He is a very good player but I think I'm right in saying it is only this season and last season were he seems to have performed? Potentially he will be a legend but I find it hard to believe people saying he is already one of the greatest players ever. No. Not after less than 2 seasons. I'd also like to see his stats vs the big teams. Against us I can honestly say I hardly ever notice he is playing, certainly when we play them at home. And remember last year Kaka vs Ronaldo was such a mis-match in the semi final it was untrue.

Justin   
CRISTIANO RONALDO is the most overrated player in the world.

All he does is stupid little tricks and gets nothing from them. Joe Cole now there's a propper winger

Am I the last sane person in the world?

wacko   
He is a very good player but I think I'm right in saying it is only this season and last season were he seems to have performed? Potentially he will be a legend but I find it hard to believe people saying he is already one of the greatest players ever. No. Not after less than 2 seasons. I'd also like to see his stats vs the big teams. Against us I can honestly say I hardly ever notice he is playing, certainly when we play them at home. And remember last year Kaka vs Ronaldo was such a mis-match in the semi final it was untrue.

Certainly, Kaka is a better player. More effective if less flashy. One of the Irish pundits on RTE (forget their names, Dunphy and..?) made a very good observation on Ronaldo after last year's CL semi: he does things that great players do, but he also does things that great players never do.

Again, I repeat my previous point: how many players are actually that good that even the very best sides can't live with them? Sure Kaka looked twice the player Ronaldo did in that game, but Ronaldo was being marked by Gattuso who's twice the defensive midfielder that Carrick is.

Similarly, when we play ManU, we have Finnan and Mascherano to deal with Ronaldo. They're such good defenders that hardly any player makes them look stupid.

I hate Ronaldo with a passion, but your criticism is unfair.

Here's a few more:

Fabrizio Ravanelli: White feather? White flag more like! My 3 year old nephew is more of an adult than him. Not fit to lick Vialli's boots.

Tim Sherwood: Tim Deadwood more like, couldn't pass wind. And an arrogant prima donna to boot.

Emile Heskey: What has he and David Blaine have in common? They both do **** all in the box, and goes down if you break wind within 10 yards of him.

Danny Mills: Makes Gary Neville look a cultured fulll back!

Alan Smith: Couldn't score in a brothel, sod the workrate!

Michael Owen: Would get injured if he went on a Question of Sport, if the Black Death ever sweeps over Newcastle, I won't want to stand next to him, that's for sure!

Harry Kewell: Enough said.

If Ibrahimovic is overrated then so is Torres and Ronaldo. To me ,Ibrahimovic is one of the best in the world when in full flo. I can't completely understand why anyone would call him overrated at all.

Maybe your going off that article from the Times ? which was pretty stupid I think the journalist Martin Samuel should do his research on Ibrahimovic if he's going to brand him with such words as overrated.

He is an amazing player, with much technique as anyone in Europe. One of the very, very best in the world ? probably not but there aren't that many ahead of him and certainly not Torres nor Ronaldo. The only thing you can question about him is his attitude not his ability.

I also can't believe BlueandProud said Totti and Ronaldinho. Do you even watch Football ?

Oi! Disagree heavily with anyone who says Cristiano Ronaldo and Torres.

And Totti is my fourth favourite player ever (other thread). Nuff said.

I don't think their overrated at all.

Infact their both great players in my eye.

But when people use the logic that Ibra "can't score against big teams" like in that article for the Times . Then, surely both Torres and Ronaldo would have to come under that aswell.

I disagree with that logic ofcourse.