Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fentini

The Most Overated Player On The Planet Ever

Oh, I wasn't replying to you, chelseashed. Someone else mentioned C. Ronaldo was over-rated, and I thought someoe else mentioned Torres too (must've gotten the thread wrong).

Ibrahimovic is a very strange player. I've seen him play well, in many game highlights. But he seems to disappear alot when I actually sit down and watch a game of his, whether for Juventus, Sweden (although was he the guy who did a back-heel goal once?) or Inter Milan. I don't have access to Serie A, so I can't speak definitively on him.

Maradona is the most overrated player to ever play the game. He didn't even score his "greatest goal." It was an own goal accidentally put in by the defender.

you r mad maradona is the greatest player ever

Pele

Never played outside his comfort zone. In the world cup always played in a great team, 1000 goals my big hairy backside.

Sits back and grins.

u gotta be drunk Pele is the best player on the planet

chin_up   

Steven Gerrard by a mile.

u gotta be drunk Pele is the best player on the planet

"you r mad maradona is the greatest player ever "

kind of contradicted yourself there. I couldn't really say if they are overrated to be honest because I haven't really seen them play , well not properly anyway, just the odd showboat and tribute clips.

Zidane   

I remember thinking that Paul Ince was way overrated as a kid. Could have been the fact that I hated Liverpool with a passion though..

CJ Ross   
The constant accusations of 'he never does it against the best sides' levelled at Gerrard, Torres, Ronaldo, Rooney and pretty much anyone else hailed as a great player are utterly meaningless.

The best sides, by definition, have the best players, so this criticism boils down to 'not being miles better than every other player on the planet'.

I'm going to take another tack and suggest the most overrated player ever was probably Cherno Samba, Danny Cadamarteri, or some other youngster who was bigged-up and subsequently disappeared without a trace. I'm sure someone will know some much better examples in the same vein.

Quite true.

It also doesn't help them that the opposition in these big matches tend to realise that star players need a bit of extra attention. You're hardly going to go into a cup final and leave Ronaldo to his own devices. That said, Lauren got slaughtered by him in the FA cup in '05 and United still lost.