Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CFCwehatetottenham

Shed Lower

Alright lads, I had to buy a ticket for Pompey home in the Shed Lower as the MHL has virtually sold out (needed 3 seats together). I haven't been in the Shed for a good 5 years so what's the atmos like?

Do people get songs started and try to stand up etc?

Cheers

When it comes to atmosphere, MHL is much better than the Shed Lower. In the Shed Lower fewer people stand and sing. Only in the big matches and CL games can you truly enjoy the atmosphere there. Some who usually look as if they want to stand are reluctant incase they are told to sit down by stewards or even other fans. The standing and singing is a bit more spread out and only occurs in a few areas and only a handful of times.

I remember last season in our match against Derby I was sitting in the West Lower (don't ask) and saw someone in the Shed pulling random people up to try and get them to stand and sing (like he was doing) but those chickens couldn't be bothered to get off their lazy backsides and show a more passionate support.

I bought my ticket for Pompey in Shed Lower and will most probably do so for the rest of the season only because I can get it for £12 cheaper their due to me being a student. Next year however I'll most definitely be buying a ST for the MHL.

Alright lads, I had to buy a ticket for Pompey home in the Shed Lower as the MHL has virtually sold out (needed 3 seats together). I haven't been in the Shed for a good 5 years so what's the atmos like?

Do people get songs started and try to stand up etc?

Cheers

This is only a one off for me, I love the MHL. It was because I was trying to buy a ticket for me and my mate and he only got his membership this season and there was **** loads of problems. Said his didn't exist even though I had added him etc. So I logged on the Chelsea site for 6am and didn't buy a ticket until 10.30am when I called up the box office!

Oh well I'll be in there singing and standing, couldn't give two shits what the gloryhunters/corporates/stewards say.

Hopefully you'll be joining me :)

When it comes to atmosphere, MHL is much better than the Shed Lower. In the Shed Lower fewer people stand and sing. Only in the big matches and CL games can you truly enjoy the atmosphere there. Some who usually look as if they want to stand are reluctant incase they are told to sit down by stewards or even other fans. The standing and singing is a bit more spread out and only occurs in a few areas and only a handful of times.

I wouldn't say it's just a handful of times really. Almost every game from about February onwards had a good atmosphere in the Shed Lower last season. Maybe it's the whole acoustics issue that the noise escapes so people can't hear us anywhere else, but when you're in the middle of it, it seems like a pretty good atmosphere.

In the middle where I am there was a lot of standing with at least 2 blocks standing for almost the whole match in a lot of cases.

Even for Wigan people were standing for quite a lot of the match if I remember correctly.

With the standing issue, there was a biggish scene around gate 5 in the Liverpool game when the stewards tried to make people sit down, while just letting all the Liverpool fans right next to us stand throughout which obviously angered a lot of people. That ended up with a few people taken out (not sure if they were all related to the standing issue). Since then I don't remember being told/forced to sit at all, apart from the PA announcements telling people to sit down which never work. At the Fenerbahce (or Olympiakos one of them) game there were some people moaning at people in front of them to sit down which is just stupid because everyone's standing all the way down to the front and you can't make people at the back sit down until the front are.

Hopefully with our attractive football this season we'll be kept standing throughout anyway.

The only place you probably won't be able to stand definitely in front of the box way in the corner. Apart from that you should be fine!. Great atmosphere for the majority of the season you do have alot of passionate supporters in there that Kobashii mentioned trying to get people up and singing! Really looking forward to Pompey last seasons opening game agaisnt Birmingham was really great in the lower. Lets make some noise!! shed end..shed end.. SHED END!

I love the atmosphere where I sit in the West when it gets going but u can't say all people who want to sit down are glory hunters because the same people have sat near me for years (Before Roman)

Let's get the Shed Lower really noisy for Pompey then. Whenever I sit there it seems as if it could be a really good atmosphere but the groups that do sing get isolated and therefore don't get the required volume. I think people are afraid to stand up and sing as people are so keen to sit you back down. I'll probably be in there for the majority of the games I get to as the tickets are cheaper for me.

I was in the Shed Upper when we played Pompey last time and the Lower looked great. The Pompey fans were still much louder than us though but away fans usually are. It was other fans that telling us to sit down which was annoying. We were right by the steward (he was in the seat next to us) but he didn't tell us to sit down once, he just stood up when we did. I think if we can continue to let other fans know that the Shed is for singing too then maybe attitudes could change.

darbo92   

The shed's atmosphere has improved a large amount thanks to shed 100 and just generally. As I remember I was at the bolton game at the end of last season and was in the west (middle lower) and the shed was much much more louder than the Matthew harding stand. Also the shed was starting off songs so it isn't a bad choice sitting in the shed not as good as mh but when it is a shed 100 game sit in the shed a worth while expierence. For the pompy game il be there well across the pitch.

joe blue   

Always sit in the shed lower but I dont understand why the box office can't make more of statement about it being a singing stand I would be much better for all!! JUST STAND UP AND SING