OzzyCFC

Non Chelsea: Premier League

2 hours ago, JaneB said:

Everton sack Benitez after less than 7 months in charge.

Good riddance.  Dull, defensive football has bee defunct for about 15 years now ( as our old friend Jose has found out), but some mug will still employ the FSW.  Everton are just a crap team as well, no wonder Carlo Ancelotti walked out on them, he's too big for them!  Duncan Doughnut (Ferguson) will probably take over as caretaker manager, and they'll probably bring in Sean Dyche as his replacement.

Everton are a strange club. Part of the Big Five back when the PL was formed but have been average throughout the PL era, lucky to escape relegation on one or two occasions. A Northern Spurs. 

chara   
1 hour ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Everton are a strange club. Part of the Big Five back when the PL was formed but have been average throughout the PL era, lucky to escape relegation on one or two occasions. A Northern Spurs. 

Best thing about Everton is they are not the "other" club in the City!

• Haha 1

Burnley trying their luck again, bottom of the league, 4 games in hand of most teams, and they want their game called off against Watford, BUT should they be allowed to? They've just sold Wood to Newcastle, have only 1 striker, they will be looking to bring in another striker, is it fair on Watford?

15 hours ago, Everyonesallowedanopinion said:

Burnley trying their luck again, bottom of the league, 4 games in hand of most teams, and they want their game called off against Watford, BUT should they be allowed to? They've just sold Wood to Newcastle, have only 1 striker, they will be looking to bring in another striker, is it fair on Watford?

I heard a journalist/pundit on Sky Sports News this morning say that the rearranged fixtures should be played without January transfer window incomings and without being able to use non-Covid related injury squad selections. These teams need to be taught a lesson about this. 

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan

14 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Or people at AFCON

I was firmly behind this viewpoint because , well because Liverpool to be honest , but Sky did make a valid point that many of us clouded by our hatred of the victims have overlooked.

Liverpool et al are only without their Afcon players because Afcon should have been played in the close season last year and has been moved slap bang in the middle of the season because of Covid . 

So in fairness I don't see how we should penalise them for it ( I feel dirty now )

33 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I was firmly behind this viewpoint because , well because Liverpool to be honest , but Sky did make a valid point that many of us clouded by our hatred of the victims have overlooked.

Liverpool et al are only without their Afcon players because Afcon should have been played in the close season last year and has been moved slap bang in the middle of the season because of Covid . 

So in fairness I don't see how we should penalise them for it ( I feel dirty now )

Yes that is true, while Afcon traditionally was played in this time period they actually did change it to summer but have only gone back to the original timeslot because of Covid haha. 

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I was under the impression that AFCON was moved because of the rainy season in Cameroon when it was due to be held. Nothing to do with Covid (though some qualifying games were rescheduled because of it)

[EDIT]

Just seen this...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/59698986

So it was originally moved due to the rainy season, then moved again because of Covid

Edited by Bob Singleton