OzzyCFC

Non Chelsea: Champions League

4 hours ago, Holymoly said:

What's the common determining factor in our loss in the quarters and now city last night? Neither club plays with a bona fide striker.

In fairness to Tuchel and Pep, their teams scored 4 and 5 goals respectively. When you are Chelsea and Tuchel with 4 goals in the bag over 2 legs against any club in the world (even worse for Pep & 5 goals), the job should’ve been done. Poor defending cost both teams much more than a lack of a striker.

Had this been last season's 100% focused and disciplined defending, Chelsea is possibly in the finals. Sadly, you can't plan for Mendy passing the ball to Benzema or Kante's pass to Modric with 10 mins left. Notwithstanding we definitely need more lethal finishers upfront.

Ham   
1 hour ago, MikelBlue said:

In fairness to Tuchel and Pep, their teams scored 4 and 5 goals respectively. When you are Chelsea and Tuchel with 4 goals in the bag over 2 legs against any club in the world (even worse for Pep & 5 goals), the job should’ve been done. Poor defending cost both teams much more than a lack of a striker.

Had this been last season's 100% focused and disciplined defending, Chelsea is possibly in the finals. Sadly, you can't plan for Mendy passing the ball to Benzema or Kante's pass to Modric with 10 mins left. Notwithstanding we definitely need more lethal finishers upfront.

Very true. 

Not strictly Champions League but I'm hoping Stuttgart put five past Worst Ham tonight .

When I was a kid I wanted the British side to win , not any more , not a one of them want us to win so **** em.

• Like 2

Ro61   
On 05/05/2022 at 10:26 AM, Mark Kelly said:

If City had bought Harry Kane as rumoured they'd have been out of sight after the first leg, sometimes Pep can just be too "clever" for his own good. 

Excellent  point,and you are right.