Sir

Non Chelsea: International Football

How is Torres playing overall? Coz in Spanish setup his primary role is to help Villa. Main reason why he has less goals whenever Villa plays.

He played ok. Not great, not horrible, but could have been better. Spain started 4-4-2, then went to 3-5-2 and Torres was actually playing a little higher and more central than Villa. Villa was playing behind him and wide. Once they went up 2-1, went back to 4-4-2.

I love Torres and think he's a supreme talent. Right now he looks just a nano-second off. Not a step off but there seems to be a nano-second of hesitation or something. The team did seem to want to help him get his scoring boots on. He had a shot that went wide and at the end Cech made a good save. Good moment to see them at the end of the game talking and smiling about it.

I'd like to say a goal is coming but beats the hell out of me. I do think one goal will get the rest going but when will that goal come?

Edited by Tortilla9

Form is temporary, class is permanent.

I think needs to see a sports psychologist or a mental conditioning coach. Needs to sort out stuff in his mind. The nano-second hesitation is a symptom, not a disease. He desperately needs a break too. He'll surely come out blazing in next season. It's important how much Chelsea can get out of him this season.

Remember last season when Jose told Sneijder to take a week off during the season? Sneijder did, came back and was on fire. I don't think Torres has that luxury but he needs a summer off. He's never been a happy, go lucky guy on the field but my side-chair psychoanalysis says he looks like he's pressing a little.

No point giving him a break now. Barely 10-12 games left. He might as well play and get used to the style of Chelsea. Only thing is, hope Ancelotti and his team mates are talking to him frequently and lifting the pressure off him. He looks like a shy and quiet guy. He is mentally strong. Just needs to hang in there. This visit to Spain would have done him some good. Yossi's return will surely make him feel better on a personal level. Always helps when you've a familiar face in a new environment. He will surely start banging them in. We should have shown similar trust in Shevchenko. I still think he'd have come good.