Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ruudboy

Pep Guardiola Joins As Manager Of Bayern Munich

Ruudboy   

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18202900'>http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18202900

'ahead of Friday's match, he said: "I will receive all calls with pleasure, but for the next month I have to recharge my batteries and my mind. I will be ready [to return] if one club wants me and seduces me."'

Hoping Roman isn't wearing his sexy negligee ...

To be fair the article hasn't stated themselves or quoted Pep saying that he would actually return to football this coming season but if true then I fear it's bye bye Robbie.

Guillem on the defense already, saying he said 'months' & not month. I guess Pep kept a silent s which only Guillem heard.

If this is true, I can only see one outcome. We have pursued him relentlessly and Roman will do whatever it takes.

It's been written and suggested by many that he would prefer to work in England and in London, and we have the major vacancy in England (Liverpool have no chance of getting him) and will make him a huge offer.

If he is willing to take a job next season, it will be with us, I have no doubts about that.

An appointment on a par with Jose's appointment in 2004 - appropriate as his team comes to its natural end that we make a similar type of appointment to build the next great Chelsea team.

Yes, I know many will oppose it. But I'm pretty sure he'd prove them wrong.

Kezza   

I'm worried he will come here and fail just like AVB did. And I want to see the fire and passion just like our truly blue Di Matteo who cares about what's happened to the club, not some manager who will not adapt and only do it his way even if his way will fail. I'm saying this because it seems that like AVB, Pep doesn't seem to have a plan B. Di Matteo showed in the final he's brave enough to have a plan B by playing Bertrand.

I'm worried he will come here and fail just like AVB did. And I want to see the fire and passion just like our truly blue Di Matteo who cares about what's happened to the club, not some manager who will not adapt and only do it his way even if his way will fail. I'm saying this because it seems that like AVB, Pep doesn't seem to have a plan B. Di Matteo showed in the final he's brave enough to have a plan B by playing Bertrand.

He's not AVB.

1) His man-management is miles better - he's managed some of the best players in the world and got them all behind him and built great team spirit.

2)He's got more managerial expeirence - and won more trophies as a manager.

3)He was a big name player himself and won it all as a player - no one will be able to question his authority, experience or track record.

4)He's not as niave as AVB - he won't try and get us to play a high line. Barca have always been defnesively pretty organised and he's smart enough to know there's a difference between the Spainish and English leagues.

There is a huge difference between them. I understand where those questions come from, but I think Pep is a whole different ball game.

rj2115   

I am amazed at people thinking Pep is not good enough.

I would love to have this guy

and as they say

“If you can't beat them. join

them” ;)

Sciatika   

He's not AVB.

1) His man-management is miles better - he's managed some of the best players in the world and got them all behind him and built great team spirit.

Except for Yaya Toure and Ibra.

2)He's got more managerial expeirence - and won more trophies as a manager.

He has management experience of a single club where the vast bulk of the players are already bought for him and trained in a particularly way for particular roles.

3)He was a big name player himself and won it all as a player - no one will be able to question his authority, experience or track record.

A track record as a player is no guarantee and not really relevant.

4)He's not as niave as AVB - he won't try and get us to play a high line. Barca have always been defnesively pretty organised and he's smart enough to know there's a difference between the Spainish and English leagues.

Really? Barce has a well organised defence?

There is a huge difference between them. I understand where those questions come from, but I think Pep is a whole different ball game.

I think hiring Guardiola would be one of the biggest mistakes we've made in modern times.

We are Chelsea. We have our own modern footballing identity. Roman has to learn that we can't just piggyback off another club without doing the 25+ years groundwork like Barcelona have.

If he thinks hiring Pep is the shortcut to Barca-esque football (which I actually find boring anyway), then he's got another thing coming.

This type of football doesn't work in EPL, where quick counter-attacking football is won in the transition.

We'd be rubbish for too long before we became successful at it and Pep would be sacked within a year.

A part of me wants us to get Capello just to be able to come back here and laugh at everyone on these boards wanting a 'Big Name' in and RDM moved out.