cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

Leo   

Absolutely relieved Pep ain't coming here.

Same, I did a little dance when I found out in fact. I really can't get my head around why so many fawn over him and think he's "such an intelligent man". The guy has done nothing else apart from manage perhaps the greatest ever collection of talent who appear to be doing pretty well without him! Its going to be very interesting to watch how Pep gets on at Bayern, I reckon catastrophic fail.

mrsm   

I reckon it had more to do with the fact that Guardiola appreciated the set-up at Bayern. Unlike Chelsea, Bayern is majority-owned by its supporters and prefers to bring on home-grown players. The club is organised better, has a great stadium and the squad is balanced amd has good potential.

Bayern is the opposite of Chelsea which is run on the whim of one man, surrounded by lackeys who have little football nous, and a Board which doesn't give a toss about the club's traditions, has no sense of loyalty to their managers or past players and has run the squad into the ground with poor purchases, gaping holes in key areas and short-term buys.

Guardiola made the right decision to snub Abramovich. The wonder is that people thought such an intelligent man would choose to go to such a dysfunctional and poorly run club as Chelsea.

Agree, why would anyone want to come here. But I also think it does show weakness of character in Pep. I think it’s a smart choice by him, but it’s a weak one too. He’s gone to another club that will comfortably dominate domestically , and attract top players, all of which means he can focus on Europe. Hardly the challenge he made out he wanted. He wouldn’t come to England as he knows its too hard to dominate domestically.

At £18m/year being touted, I'm happy to pass.

Mourinho is the bookies favourite at 7/4. They'd been quoting Pep as favourite for the Bayern hotseat for a fortnight so read into that as much as you like. Klopp joint second favourite at 4/1 with.... yep, Rafa Benitez.

David Moyes a distant 20/1 behind such other names as Hiddink (8's), Laudrup (10's), Simeone (12's) and Gus Poyet (12's).

Craig Levein at 100/1 might be worth a punt.

Edited by Hugh Jars 99

lzheyi   

Klopp won't come although I rate him highly. I still rate AVB highly too.

Klopp would see how AVB came and gone within short period of time and realised that at Dortmund, they afford his vision and patience. Not sure people know this but Dortmend finished out of top 4 in first two seasons when he joined. I doubt we have that patience.

Jose would be the clear candidate but I won't be surprise if he joins Man city.

Russ   

Absolutely pointless getting a manager of note until the running of the club is completely overhauled.

The type of manager who would agree to work with us with the way things are run as they are is not the type of manager the club needs.

Mourinho is the bookies favourite at 7/4. They'd been quoting Pep as favourite for the Bayern hotseat for a fortnight so read into that as much as you like. Klopp joint second favourite at 4/1 with.... yep, Rafa Benitez.

David Moyes a distant 20/1 behind such other names as Hiddink (8's), Laudrup (10's), Simeone (12's) and Gus Poyet (12's).

Craig Levein at 100/1 might be worth a punt.

Bookies odds reflect the amount of money being placed NOT how likely the outcome will be. Mourinho now being favourite is merely a reflection of the number of people placing bets on him becoming our next manager.

I think Pep will stay at Bayern for a while until Fergie retires.

I don't think I could bare to see Mourinho at City.

Klopp would be good but will most likely be another AVB situation.

I don't see Moyes leaving.

Mourinho back with full control would be perfect for everyone. Hopefully Roman has realized this.

To be honest, I would even like Ancelotti back

mokilove   

Jürgen Klopp would NEVER come to us. He´s a absolutely class act and preferes LONG term projects. It´s not allways about the money.

I've read reports and heard media people say Roman does actually want stability. He doesn't want to keep hiring and firing, especially with FFP coming in.

I think Pep was the one he wanted to stick around and provide that - and the whole reason for the instability in the last 2-3 years especially is because of that. But he won't get Pep now. So whoever gets the job next summer, he knows, is going to be the one he wants to stick around.

Hence, I think this appointment is bigger than any since Jose first pitched up.

And ironically, I think Jose will be the one who gets it this time too. He wants to settle somewhere, to build a club and have consistent success over a longer period. He's been around Europe now, his last challenge is to go to a club and stick around. He and Roman are good friends now, and hopefully both have moved on and realised some ground may need to be shifted from their positions.

Jose has been quoted a few years back, when at Inter, that he saw himself back at Chelsea one day. He has always said his next job is back in England, and is almost definitely leaving Madrid in the summer. He loves this club and would love to come back, at the right time. This summer seems more and more the right time for me.

If he chooses City over us, I would be very surprised. He wants to leave that option open (not that he would go direct from us to them, he wouldn't) and going to City prevents that. Plus, it looks like Mancini might actually get another chance after Pep's snub.

To me, he's the only one on the shortlist. But if somehow he doesn't end up here, then for me it has to be Klopp or Moyes. Though it won't be easy to get either.

But Rafa most likely won't be here next season. I'm totally sure of that.

Edited by James Prescott

Just seen myself touted for the job. Would love to, thanks for the support... ;-)

Seriously though, if Jose isn't an option (which he is IMO) and we can't get Klopp or Moyes, and Rafa has actually got us third and won a trophy or two, why shouldn't he be given a chance?

If Rafa wins two of the League Cup, FA Cup and Europa league, or even just one of them, and finishes third, then to my mind he's done a good job - no matter what anti-Rafa prejudices people have - which to me, are simply because he managed Liverpool and beat us a few times, and because of some comments he made ages ago, and no other reason, despite the arguments about his record.

If Rafa get it and wins the league next year for example, is it really fair to continue to hate him?

None of it matters really though. I think Jose is coming back.

Edited by James Prescott