cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United. And now sacked by them too!

I hope it's Jose but honestly could be anyone as there is hardly a massive pool to pick from.

Seriously though, if Jose isn't an option (which he is IMO) and we can't get Klopp or Moyes, and Rafa has actually got us third and won a trophy or two, why shouldn't he be given a chance?

For all the reasons that you didn't want RdM to have a chance - he's farking useless.

Galol   

There is no way Mourinho will come back to Chelsea. Why would he? He already took us as far as he could and would never surmount his previous accomplishments with us. He will never win the CL with us. Besides, he doesn't have the staying power that we so covet. His managerial style the "shock-and-awe" where he comes to club, instills seige mentality and paranoia that the world is out to get us and uses the negative energy created to motivate players. Obviously, this is not a long-term solution to our problems. If he ever comes back to England, it would probably be Man City. Man United will never accept Mourinho for tribal reasons.

Pep is out of the question now that he is Bayern's.

J. Klopp of Dortmund will probably not like to be involved with a club that hires and fires managers as often as we do. He prospered at stable Dortmund.

Low is interesting mention but what has he accomplished at club level?

Now, Simeone I really like as his A. Madrid play similar to Benitez's Chelsea just different personnel. His sides are defensively organized, hard pressing and rigid. If he is given the Chelsea job you can bet your bottom dollar that we will play like we do under Benitez unless he is given the budget to buy the players that best suit his philosophy.

That leaves us with Benitez as the only serious, top class manager left around. I like to see Benitez given a chance at Chelsea. Give him 2 or 3 years and let him buy the players he thinks are best fit for his formation and prefered style of play. At some point we gotta stop this madness of changing managers and stick with one. We have very good and accomplished manager in Benitez who has won CLs, Europa League, league titles, cups, etc.

Khobar   

Seriously though, if Jose isn't an option (which he is IMO) and we can't get Klopp or Moyes, and Rafa has actually got us third and won a trophy or two, why shouldn't he be given a chance?

If Rafa wins two of the League Cup, FA Cup and Europa league, or even just one of them, and finishes third, then to my mind he's done a good job - no matter what anti-Rafa prejudices people have - which to me, are simply because he managed Liverpool and beat us a few times, and because of some comments he made ages ago, and no other reason, despite the arguments about his record.

If Rafa get it and wins the league next year for example, is it really fair to continue to hate him?

None of it matters really though. I think Jose is coming back.

Should we form an orderly queue?

It's comments like this which the media seize upon. Whilst they're elements as to why he isn't accepted, they aren't the only reasons why Benitez is not wanted here.

If nothing else, the endless list of excuses for not winning games has become laughable - belly ache, sudden muscle problem, bus parking, ruthlessness, lack of experience, ad nauseum, ad infinitum. The points you mentioned we're simply good reasons why he shouldn't have been considered in the first place ( amongst many others).

I can't believe you feel it's because of a comment and some dodgy results against us. I'm at the point where I'm hoping for a humiliating defeat against Arsenal, although I'm sure he'll screw that up too - before losing at Swansea in the next game.

Yep, because 2 Spanish league titles, UEFA Cup, CL (with and appaling team), another CL final, 2nd place in the Prem with a relatively small budget and winning the FA Cup are all the signs of a useless manager - as opposed to getting West Brom promoted and then going on a run of 2 wins in 13 (which he nearly replicated at Chelsea).

Rafa has a better managerial record than RDM pre-Chelsea, and there is simply no doubt about it. Just because we don't like him, doesn't mean we should let it cloud our opinion of him - and many, many fans are so emotionally attached to RDM and have such a hatred of Liverpool we do let it cloud our judgement. Simple as that.

Inter fans would disagree with you.

Rafa ain't a bad manager, he isn't the man for us though.

Jose has said before that he thinks he will return to Chelsea one day.

If Roman goes for him I can see him coming back. If Jose wins the CL this season I can defiantly see him leaving Madrid

I know we are Romans Championship Manager toy & we always go for the big buys & never look for a bargain but wait for them to have became established like a Ba, Torres etc. So we always go for the bloody obvious! AVB was a bit of a gamble that did not work out mainly due to his bad man mangement skills. So I would like to see us go for Moyes, maybe Poyet but I would struggle to forgive him after jumping up & down after that defeat to spurs in League cup.

Keep saying it....What the f*** does it matter, they won't last a year.....

Spot on bud. We're singing to the same tune.

We've been discussing who our next permanent manager should be since the ginger one got the sack. 12 months later we're exactly at the same place.

It doesn't matter who takes over. As you say, and as I've been saying, chances are he won't even last 6 months and definitely not more than 24 months.

Our club is rotten from the inside and the main culprit is Roman and his complete lack of ability to have any vision or plan ahead.

It's hard to care any longer. Slowly but surely there's this feeling of complete apathy towards the club. Only appointment that could alter this feeling is Jose.

Klopp, Moyes and whoever else is on target won't last the season.

mokilove   

Jose's leaving Madrid regardless of what happens this season.

Rumours say, he´s going to PSG.