Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CfcPrideofLDN

Rooney To Chelsea

Rooney  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Wayne Rooney at Chelsea FC next season?

Harvz   

Owning up to voting the lone 'no'. I don't like him. But like I said elsewhere, I trust Mourinho, and if we do sign him, I'll be fully behind him and his massive ears.

DannyLB   

3 weeks ago I would have voted no. Now, even though I still have my reservations with him, I just don't see who else we could grab as striker that's world class.

Not for me. Fat, expensive, difficult and past his best. We have enough second strikers already, and we've got enough up front.

If Jose wants him and we get him, then I'd support Rooney all the way. But if it's a yes or no, it's a big no for me. He's over the hill in my opinion.

Happy to be proved wrong.

#lukaku

Yep. Powerful, strong, team player, great work ethic, good first touch, great vision and movement, and great finisher, can make something out of nothing.

Needs a new challenge too, and under Jose will be motivated and worked hard, so will be fit and sharp. He is a winner and loves football, and we can give him that love again - and he is only 27, so has plenty of time. Adaptable too. Plus, looks like he wants to play for us, and Jose.

No brainer for me.

I have to say that part of what I find appealing about the idea is how a striking selection of Lukaku, Rooney and Torres (I'm scratching Ba out just for the sake of argument, and the likelihood that he would be the one to get shifted if any) provides three very distinct tactical options for us to use. It's not like if we buy a striker about whom we can say "yes he has a fairly similar style to Torres...except better", thereby rendering Torres (or whatever other striker we fit into this equation) superfluous in our squad barring injuries. The variety those three names represent will give José great scope to do what he does best: devise a team and tactics to exploit the opponents' weaknesses.

Plus other things, such as Rooney's versatility, are a bonus as well.

JohnnyG   

Yes, as long as it's at the expense of Torres.

Lukaku won't get a look in with both of them here.