Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

0liver

2013/14 Managerial Sack Race

Holloway clearly left of his own accord, and wasn't sacked (although he may well have been a little further down the track). Watched his press conference - went out with dignity and class. Fair play to him .

Thought he'd been sacked when I wrote it but if he left then that's fair enough on him. Results have been shocking but think it's more to do with the playing staff than the manager.

Palace must really be a horrible place to work if it's sucked the Joie de Vivre from Ian Holloway!

paulw66   

I think Ian Holloway is looking strained. Maybe not a sacking but I'd not be surprised if he's the first PL manager to leave their club this season.

Observational excellence

paulw66   

Man U are a shambles, and it's only because we're an even bigger shambles that let them off the hook a few weeks ago

Just spotted this amongst the posts.....wow.

Shambles Chelsea. Absolute shambles

Just spotted this amongst the posts.....wow.

Shambles Chelsea. Absolute shambles

He is right up to a point - but he was writing a month ago, and we do seem to have sorted ourselves out since, and have played 2 CFs into a bit of form.

He said both Man U and Chelsea were a shambles then

Since then we are W5 D1 L0 F17 A3

Whereas Man U W3 D2 L1 F7 A5

and that excludes the 4-1 at City the day before.

Man U

Observational excellence

I wish! I don't think it was too big a call- Holloway has a very challenging set of home and family circumstances (deaf children and grandchildren) and Palace's form at the end of last season was woeful, despite promotion. He's looked an increasingly stressed, forlorn figure.

He winds a lot of people up, myself included, but also looks to be genuinely struggling. I wish him well.

I like him as a person, he does seem a funny guy, but never rated him as a manager. Moaning about the fact Palace didn't get a free kick, from which Spurs scored about 3 whole minutes later, on the first day sealed it for me.

A likeable and funny chap, but not much as a football manager.

Chris Hughton is my tip for the next to get the old heave-ho. Norwich can't win a game to save their lives at the moment. As for Palace, good luck to Ian Holloway, whatever you think of him as a manager does at least put smiles on our faces, and if Tony Pulis is given the gig, everyone will hope for Palace to be relegated, because all Pulis teams just kick the opposition off the park, with their obsolete, defunct alehouse football

^ it's completely incomprehensible for me how anyone can dislike Holloway.

I find him extremely entertaining and honest to a level that's rare in most people.

I think Ian Holloway is looking strained. Maybe not a sacking but I'd not be surprised if he's the first PL manager to leave their club this season.

Di Canio, Pardew and Clarke all look a little precarious, too.

Sorry, Alan!