Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bokherif

Who is the most underrated player according to you

Loved Tore Andre Flo, scored some great goals and had great feet for a tall fella.

He also reminds me of a great period in our history.

I always felt Romario of Brazil was underrated, fantastic striker who scored goals for fun. He was also a fantastic dribbler of the ball, in fact if you watch him he is very similar to Maradona with the ball at his feet, probably due to his similar stature.

A great footballer who rarely seems to get mentioned with the greats of yesteryear.

Is this Chelsea or anyone? past or present? :/

Underrated current Chelsea - Thorgen Hazard

Underrated past Chelsea - Steve Clarke

Underrated current World - Rakitic (I know he's gone to big bad Barca but...)

Underrated past World - Lizarazu

I did like Thome, always remember him him starting against Barca in the 3-1 at home. Real 'honest' player

I don't know why this topic exists when we all know there was only one footballer who deserves to be on this list; yes he plays for Liverpool and it is no other than....

Glen Johnson. formerly our very own. Remember the poor fella was so under rated that when informed that he would be travelling with the team for a European away game, he went to the Airport without the passport! He couldn't believe his luck and thought it was practical joke or something. JM underrated the feck out of this lad. He was so underrated by the club that at one point in his career he had to nick toilet seats to support himself. Obviously it later became obvious that he was showing his 'Skillz' for Liverpool to come and get him. But that's besides the point.

Also I think Steven Gerrard is massively underrated. Massively underrated as a manipulative bastard that he is, for 'welling up' in remembrance of the Hillsborough families.

^don't delete this one please :)

To be fair Johnson went on to be an OK player (and his version of the toilet seat story many years later sounds quite reasonable and credible).

It wasn't Gary Nevilles fault* that there was never a better English RB during his career or that Rob Jones of Liverpool got injured just as Neville arrived.

And it isn't Glen Johnson's fault that no other RB arrived since.

* Which isn't to say that Phil Neville didn't get 59 caps too many.

cam4blue   

Also I think Steven Gerrard is massively underrated. Massively underrated as a manipulative *beep* that he is, for 'welling up' in remembrance of the Hillsborough families.

I'm no fan of Stevie Me, in fact, I am a vocal critic in almost every way; however, I'm pretty sure one of the victims was his cousin, so he does have a personal connection. His grief about Hillsborough is probably as genuine as most Liverpudlians; the real question is why they have spent so long wallowing in it, not whether they feel it. They clearly do.

It wasn't Gary Nevilles fault* that there was never a better English RB during his career or that Rob Jones of Liverpool got injured just as Neville arrived.

Rob Jones was a hell of a right back. Real shame what happened to him.

It is strange though; if there is one position that "The Premier League" has never seemed to have a stand-out performer, it's right back.

Super Dan Petrescu was a far better footballer than he was given credit for.