Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bokherif

Who is the most underrated player according to you

Dennis Wise too.

Not half. but try telling that to a bunch of overpaid pen pushers (press to you and me) who couldn't spot a if they tripped over one. Dennis Wise was a proper player, totally committed to the cause.

Ruudboy   

Ruud Gullit. The reason my son chose Chelsea over ... another club. Pretty much forgotten today, but a great player.

I'm no fan of Stevie Me, in fact, I am a vocal critic in almost every way; however, I'm pretty sure one of the victims was his cousin, so he does have a personal connection. His grief about Hillsborough is probably as genuine as most Liverpudlians; the real question is why they have spent so long wallowing in it, not whether they feel it. They clearly do.

I am not going to judge whether Steven G or anybody else from Liverpool feels emotional enough to still shed tears if Hillsborough is mentioned. It has been a while and most families who lost loved ones would have endeavored to move on as quickly as possible. This is not trivializing their pain, but simply the healthier of the many options available. Whether they are wallowing in it or just stuck in a rut, I can't possibly say. What is clear to me however is that they feel that because of this disaster they deserve to be heard and the authorities are primarily to be blamed not the gate crashers etc. Sorry all this is besides the point I know.

As far as Steve G shedding a few well planned tears on that fateful day. Well for starters, from puberty I was taught that as a man one tends to internalize his pain special this temporal tempestuous types which disappear in a few minutes. The timing was also perfect, just enough for the cameras to catch the welling-up and then I don't know what happened next.

So I am not going to argue about it as I have no evidence to support my assumption, but my conclusion to me seems more likely specially considering the true nature of this

I am not going to judge whether Steven G or anybody else from Liverpool feels emotional enough to still shed tears if Hillsborough is mentioned. It has been a while and most families who lost loved ones would have endeavored to move on as quickly as possible. This is not trivializing their pain, but simply the healthier of the many options available. Whether they are wallowing in it or just stuck in a rut, I can't possibly say. What is clear to me however is that they feel that because of this disaster they deserve to be heard and the authorities are primarily to be blamed not the gate crashers etc. Sorry all this is besides the point I know.

Generally they seem to be exploited by failed left wingers - probably the failed Militant Tendency that was left over after Derek Hatton screwed up Liverpool council in the 80s. The agenda being mostly anti-Maggie, anti Police and especially anti-South Yourkshire Police (following the miners strike). Ironically the people they should be upset with are Neil Kinnock and John Smith who effectively kicked them out of the Labour party to make it electable.

Generally they seem to be exploited by failed left wingers - probably the failed Militant Tendency that was left over after Derek Hatton screwed up Liverpool council in the 80s. The agenda being mostly anti-Maggie, anti Police and especially anti-South Yourkshire Police (following the miners strike). Ironically the people they should be upset with are Neil Kinnock and John Smith who effectively kicked them out of the Labour party to make it electable.

What's Stewart Downing got to do with this?

Christ, I thought the world was ending when we sold Dennis Wise. Seems like a life time ago!

I was certain he'd be back at the Club in some noticable form, hasn't panned out that way.

Christ, I thought the world was ending when we sold Dennis Wise. Seems like a life time ago!

He was great wasn't he?