Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ruudboy

David Moyes - we got what we wanted

Ruudboy   

So finally, Moan U's board has come to the conclusion that the Stamford Bridge faithful were right in asking David Moyes to eff right off ("F*** of David Moyes, Wenger touches... etc."), temporarily replacing him with the positively Jurassic Ryan Giggs. This raises a serious issue: it would be a shame to lose the "F*** off David Moyes" chant, so what do we sing next Sunday?

• "Wenger touches pigs..." rhymes, but doesn't have the same ring to it
  • "Pellegrini wears wigs" may well be accurate (I'll swear he does) but scarcely rhymes
  • "Big Sam likes his cigs" has some merit (and scans), but are the Irons (Cockney: Iron Hoof, Poof) worthy of such immortalisation in song?
  • Martinez and Sherwood don't inspire ...

Ideas, anyone?

Chrisb   

I quite like the "Wenger touches pigs" line, it properly made me chuckle!

Thank heavens we brought Jose back to the club and did not employ Moyes. Roman Abramovic would have sacked him a long time ago.

Flinkers   

Thank heavens we brought Jose back to the club and did not employ Moyes. Roman Abramovic would have sacked him a long time ago.

To be honest, I think he would have done better here than at Man United. Better set up for his tactics, players more suited to his style and we have a simple, defensive, counterattacking mindset. He'd have also worked on the problem we have generating width as that's one of the core tenets of his game.

Having said that, I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot barge pole now.

Mutu7   

We didn't really. We wanted him to stay!

To be honest, I think he would have done better here than at Man United. Better set up for his tactics, players more suited to his style and we have a simple, defensive, counterattacking mindset. He'd have also worked on the problem we have generating width as that's one of the core tenets of his game.

I don't think so. He's just not a top level manager imo. We'd have probably sacked him by November.