Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jasonb

The England team

1 hour ago, Baloo said:

So you would rather not know about it? If there was a rat crawling around your house you'd want to to trap it and dispose of it wouldn't you, the rat may not have done anything wrong but it's potential to spread disease would lead you to take action surely.

If we need to lay traps for the rest of the vermin in football I'd be happy to help out.

The problem with that analogy is that you've already decided a rat exists.  If I found rat droppings and/or chewed up cardboard boxes in my garage, I would for sure start laying traps.

But let's take another example with dogs.  You can get friendly obedient dogs and at the other end you can get dogs brought up to be dangerous which can only be put down.  But even with obedient dogs, if you provoke them, they'll bark and may even nip you (which I found out play fighting with a mate).

I'm no fan of dogs any more than the tabloids are a fan of England managers.  But I don't go down to the park and start poking random dogs with a stick to see if they'll bite to justify putting them down.

And that's how I view this example, the tabloids love to denounce whoever is the England manager for the sake of a story, they provoked and they got what they wanted.  This is entirely different from looking for corruption, otherwise I'm pretty sure that they'd find lots of dirty workings within the FA, PGMOL and alike.

Baloo   
21 hours ago, StebzAno said:

the tabloids love to denounce whoever is the England manager for the sake of a story, they provoked and they got what they wanted.  This is entirely different from looking for corruption, otherwise I'm pretty sure that they'd find lots of dirty workings within the FA, PGMOL and alike.

I'm afraid Allardyce is the victim of his own downfall, although the potential to corrupt and be corrupted is not a crime it is not the characteristic becoming of such a high profile position paying £3M a year.

Whether it's a diseased rat or a rabid dog, it's sensible to keep them out of harms way. 

Baloo   
22 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

"It" didn't happen - "It" was a discussion of hypothetical ideas prompted by an Agent Provocateur.

Judge and jury and executioner.

"it" was an exhibition of greed,poor judgment and arrogance which do not break the law in themselves.

Anyone in public life reaping a £3M salary will be subject to judgment, but don't worry your man won't be tried or executed,

Allardyce showed little regret in his interview. He didn't take ownership of what he'd done but appeared to resent the fact that he got caught out. He  went on to complain about entrapment- in his words "entrapment was the winner". I'd like to ask who he regards the loser to be? 

I see that, amongst others, JFH is embroiled in this.

As for Allardyce, I'm not sure the FA had any option but to "mutually" terminate his contract. You can't have the governing body, who will at times fine players and managers and others for breaches of rules, employing as manager of the national team someone who is willing to tell others, surreptitiously, how to breach some of the governing body's rules.

5 hours ago, Baloo said:

I'm afraid Allardyce is the victim of his own downfall, although the potential to corrupt and be corrupted is not a crime it is not the characteristic becoming of such a high profile position paying £3M a year.

Whether it's a diseased rat or a rabid dog, it's sensible to keep them out of harms way. 

He certainly was stupid to say those things in his position.  I had to share an amusing link going around.

The search resumes...

7 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

I see that, amongst others, JFH is embroiled in this.

As for Allardyce, I'm not sure the FA had any option but to "mutually" terminate his contract. You can't have the governing body, who will at times fine players and managers and others for breaches of rules, employing as manager of the national team someone who is willing to tell others, surreptitiously, how to breach some of the governing body's rules.

Get around, not breach.  Very very different.  You breach a fence or rule by breaking it.  You get round a fence or rule by travelling a different route.

get around changed to breach is misdirection 1.
negotiate a 400k deal to imply agreeing or signing a detail written contract and hassling over the price instead of vague spoken maybes "if the FA agree"  and a number vaguely mentioned - that is misdirection 2.

35 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Get around, not breach.  Very very different.  You breach a fence or rule by breaking it.  You get round a fence or rule by travelling a different route.

Spoken like a city trader!!!

Baloo   
On 9/29/2016 at 4:03 PM, StebzAno said:

He certainly was stupid to say those things in his position.  I had to share an amusing link going around.

The search resumes...

Baloo   
On 9/29/2016 at 4:03 PM, StebzAno said:

The search resumes...

Southgate is another issue. The one thing I remember about this non entity is his refusal to meet Mandela when in South Africa with England way back. 

22 minutes ago, Baloo said:

Southgate is another issue. The one thing I remember about this non entity is his refusal to meet Mandela when in South Africa with England way back. 

That's a somewhat harsh view. The England squad had only recently arrived in Durban and some had said they'd hardly slept since arriving and the Mandela meeting meant getting a dawn flight to Johannesburg and the return in the evening. 8 players, including Joe Cole, preferred to stay in Durban and train for the game (some were trying to force their way into the team, others were not regulars who wanted to continue impressing Sven). Blame whoever arranged the 'itinerary', not the players who passed on the opportunity.