Droy was my hero

Your Favourite Tv Shows/sitcoms?

7 minutes ago, chara said:

This thread has gone quiet but I hope someone reads it!

Due to the lockdown we have binged on many Brit series...from "Dangerous Davies" to :Line Of Duty" and many inbetween...at minute watching "Suspects".

Watched too many to list but looking for recommendations of past series of "British Police Procedure" items .

The new "Line of Duty' is due here next month.

We have found some gems and some dross across the genre.

Any suggestions?.

Loved "The Detectorists"...almost perfection so not just looking for "crime".

Oh and some good USA stuff...but usually not as good as Brit offerings.

Have you seen "Sons of anarchy" I really enjoyed that although US in origin .

If you enjoy madcap capers try "Dirk Gentlys holistic detective agency" on Netflix.

The first series of that was great .

chara   
1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

Have you seen "Sons of anarchy" I really enjoyed that although US in origin .

If you enjoy madcap capers try "Dirk Gentlys holistic detective agency" on Netflix.

Hey Mark...thanks for that...will get back to you ...game just starting!

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

As good as the Stephen Mangan BBC version of around 2010?   I loved that.  And the books.

Ham   
2 hours ago, chara said:

This thread has gone quiet but I hope someone reads it!

Due to the lockdown we have binged on many Brit series...from "Dangerous Davies" to :Line Of Duty" and many inbetween...at minute watching "Suspects".

Watched too many to list but looking for recommendations of past series of "British Police Procedure" items .

The new "Line of Duty' is due here next month.

We have found some gems and some dross across the genre.

Any suggestions?.

Loved "The Detectorists"...almost perfection so not just looking for "crime".

Oh and some good USA stuff...but usually not as good as Brit offerings.

Silicon Valley has now concluded but it's a very funny and clever sitcom centering on tech companies.  

I loved Gomorrah. Italian subtitles and based on Napoli drug gangs/Ultras. So infectious. 

Edited by Ham

36 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

As good as the Stephen Mangan BBC version of around 2010?   I loved that.  And the books.

I really like it , especially the guy they cast as Dirk , give it a go it's great !

chara   

Thanks guys....loved "The Bay"...memories of a holiday in Morecombe wnen "I were but a lad."

Seeing a London I have never walked .... so many changes...

Watching many an old Western series in the afternoon...tend to watch one only...done Cheyenne and Laramie among others...Tales of Wells Fargo at the minute...it's not that they are good,,,some nostalgia involved but the smiles at seeing so many young versions of later stars...Coburn,McQueen, Bronson,Vaugn from M7....regular secondary characters Robert Wilke Marlyn Healey...and on and on..wonderful...Ben Johnson Harry Carey jr.......

Somewhat cringeworthy at times as I have spent a lot of time in Kansas,Nebraska,Wyoming,The Dakotas,New Mexico and Colorado of course..been to Deadwood and Dodge City.....watching for example Matt Dillon riding out of Dodge into the wooded hills is like watching Terry in Minder walking under the Liverbird "thingy"...it ain't Kansas! or anything like Kansas.."They" say if you put a toothpick in the grouind and walk a mile away you can still see it in Kansas!

Thanks for all who bothered to reply..appreciated....

"Get yourself home now Chara".."Yes Mr Dixon".....

• Like 1

JaneB   

@chara

My tastes probably aren't yours but I loved Call My Agent and The Kominsky Method on Netflix.  Both had me howling with laughter especially the latter.  TKM has had 2 seasons with Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin as the lead characters, although unfortunately AA isn't returning for the third and final season but am sure it will still be very funny.

One more episode to go of the latest Line of Duty over here.  Quite exceptional.

I surprisingly enjoyed The Queen's Gambit too on Netflix.  Didn't think something on playing chess would be that interesting but it was about so much more!!

On 4/24/2021 at 8:27 PM, Mark Kelly said:

I really like it , especially the guy they cast as Dirk , give it a go it's great !

Sat and half slept and half watched 4 episodes the other night and don't recall laughing once.
It is kind of light hearted and bloody in a kind of Dexter way without the laughs or the shock or the scary bits.  A female holistic contract killer - very bad killing eve.
I think there are half a dozen ways I don't like this, not least because it is Americans doing British jokes without any understanding - at one point it was even playing on Dr Who, which of course Douglas Adams would never do because he was a long time Dr Who writer.

I woke up and turned it off when It occurred I'd been watching 4 episodes of Scoobey Doo and the Vampires with the same script in each.
Sorry I've been so negative, but I could have been proper sleeping.

Line of Duty, still doing just about enough for me.  Gonna try call my agent.

Ham   
7 hours ago, JaneB said:

@chara

My tastes probably aren't yours but I loved Call My Agent and The Kominsky Method on Netflix.  Both had me howling with laughter especially the latter.  TKM has had 2 seasons with Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin as the lead characters, although unfortunately AA isn't returning for the third and final season but am sure it will still be very funny.

One more episode to go of the latest Line of Duty over here.  Quite exceptional.

I surprisingly enjoyed The Queen's Gambit too on Netflix.  Didn't think something on playing chess would be that interesting but it was about so much more!!

"Jesus, Mary and Joseph and the wee donkey"

😅

• Like 1

JaneB   
1 hour ago, Ham said:

"Jesus, Mary and Joseph and the wee donkey"

😅

Ah Ham!!  Maybe his best yet!!  Ted better not be 'H' :-(