Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sea foot

RIP Gordon Banks

Sea foot   

Just been announced that the great keeper has passed away. Farewell my friend. You gave many of us a happy childhood.

Sciatika   

Those were the days when a picture in the papers of a goalkeeper diving was still stunning rather than a bit meh.

image.thumb.png.0a9c29ab4f5f4336b8d9707c9af107b9.png

RIP Gordon, a true hero.

He was a great keeper , it was very nice to see the tribute from Shilton saying he studied the best three keepers ever to get to the top , Gordon Banks , Lev Yashin and , drum roll , Peter Bonetti !

chara   

Bonetti was and is my top Chelsea player over the many years I have followed Chelsea..My heart was always with "The Cat" and my head with Gordon Banks.

I remember a game at SB way in the past with Banks playing … I was young of course and remember two older "grizzled" Chelsea guys talking just before KO" That Banks always plays well here".... "Hmm" I thought "He plays well everywhere"

Thanks Gordon...

kev61   
On 13/02/2019 at 7:17 AM, Mark Kelly said:

He was a great keeper , it was very nice to see the tribute from Shilton saying he studied the best three keepers ever to get to the top , Gordon Banks , Lev Yashin and , drum roll , Peter Bonetti !

I was lucky enough to see all three in real life many times (Bonetti doesn't come close)The question has been asked many times - who was the best keeper of all time?...Banks for me - and another keeper I watched many times that is right up there is Pat Jennings and both more than decent human beings.

RIP Gordon.