King Kante

Champions League 2020/21

On 14/06/2021 at 5:50 PM, Kezza said:

This still doesn't get old. Compared to winning the league for example. How do we milk the 2 stars. Gotta be on all our kits is it?

It isn't going to be on the kit the players wear, it wasn't in 2012 either. Only as a novelty shirt for fans. Which is a big shame. 

Sciatika   

Don't Man City always wear stars above their badges. Maybe it does not mean anything anymore.

On 24/06/2021 at 7:33 PM, Sciatika said:

Don't Man City always wear stars above their badges. Maybe it does not mean anything anymore.

I read somewhere (on these forums perhaps?) that it's something to do with paperwork because then the badge has to be formally changed with UEFA, FA, FIFA, PL etc. 

Sciatika   

Decided to look this up. The stars were in an old badge design from 1997 and were "purely decorative". That was the season they were relegated.

On 24/06/2021 at 7:33 PM, Sciatika said:

Pretty sure there hasn't ever been a rule in England. In Italy and Germany a star denotes 10 league titles. I believe in Holland it may be a CL, although not sure. 

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

Pretty sure there hasn't ever been a rule in England. In Italy and Germany a star denotes 10 league titles. I believe in Holland it may be a CL, although not sure. 

There's a handy Wikipedia page on this. For club football it's different all over the world.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_(football_badge)

paulw66   

Hope you have all had the chance to watch the CL winning story on TOCWS..... very well put together and an emotional watch at the end.

Sciatika   

Brilliant, especially the bit where the players were willing us across the line at the end of the game. I also took a look at the Best of Chelsea's goals under RA. A real trip down memory lane. That Essien goal against Barcelona or the one against Arsenal, Hazard against Spurs, Drogba against Everton and Liverpool. Can't choose.

chara   

Will try to catch it...on a side note,,watched the 2-1 Liverpool game ..Zola's last playing farewell and Roman's "interest" start.....